Anxiety

Options
kaylacarol1989
kaylacarol1989 Posts: 76 Member
Does anyone have any tips on dealing with anxiety. The kind that just come sout of no where from nothing, in that spot of ur stomach right under your ribcage and drives you nuts!

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Heavy deadlifts
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Heavy deadlifts

seriously?
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A visit to the doctor. For real.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Does it come from nowhere or are you doing something that brings it on? Also, if you are drinking a pre-workout, evaluate if it may be some of the energy from that.
  • ladd_alvy1986
    Options
    Breath and excersicing (it actually does help). Sometimes a shoulder to cry on helps to get it all out too. Just some ideas
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    Does it come from nowhere or are you doing something that brings it on? Also, if you are drinking a pre-workout, evaluate if it may be some of the energy from that.

This is the first step.
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options
    A visit to the doctor. For real.

I have, they put me on anti-depressants that supposidly "aid with anxiety"... but i'm too groggy on them, they cause weight gain, which then makes me depressed, and it's something that i want to take away immediately nto over time, and the medication i want, they wont prescribe me. Very odd. So i'm looking for natural ways. I've taken too many prescriptions in my last few years, that isn't very good for your body. So i'd rather not take medication.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Heavy deadlifts

seriously?

Yes. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. I prefer using deadlifts when the anxiety hits like that. A variety of positive chemical reactions combined with how you breathe make deadlifts a great anxiety killer. Plus, you have to clear your mind to focus on the lift. Deadlifts are therapy.
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options
    Heavy deadlifts

seriously?

Yes. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. I prefer using deadlifts when the anxiety hits like that. A variety of positive chemical reactions combined with how you breathe make deadlifts a great anxiety killer. Plus, you have to clear your mind to focus on the lift. Deadlifts are therapy.

I will def. try that out!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Currently dealing with serious anxiety issues after a car accident. Exercise does actually help a lot. Ativan works when the attack gets so bad I feel like I'm dying (visit your doctor). Breathing exercises, etc. Keeping yourself occupied or redirecting your thoughts so you're not focused on the anxiety itself.

Anxiety attacks are brutal. I wish you the best of luck trying to figure out what works for you to deal with them.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Heavy deadlifts

Yup! My therapy
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Currently dealing with serious anxiety issues after a car accident. Exercise does actually help a lot. Ativan works when the attack gets so bad I feel like I'm dying (visit your doctor). Breathing exercises, etc. Keeping yourself occupied or redirecting your thoughts so you're not focused on the anxiety itself.

Anxiety attacks are brutal. I wish you the best of luck trying to figure out what works for you to deal with them.

I have been on ativans but my doctor refuses to give me a repeat on my prescription. Which i don't understand. says i'm too yound and they are too adictive. So in result i suffer with wrong medication.
    Options

I have been on ativans but my doctor refuses to give me a repeat on my prescription. Which i don't understand. says i'm too yound and they are too adictive. So in result i suffer with wrong medication.
    They can be habit forming and so caution is needed. Perhaps your doc is concerned about that. How many a day were you taking?

• devilinsoul
    devilinsoul Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    working out:) it helps me with depression and anxiety issues... I'm a different person than I used to be ;)
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options

They can be habit forming and so caution is needed. Perhaps your doc is concerned about that. How many a day were you taking?

.5, maybe twice a day if needed, sometimes none...
    Options

Doesn't seem excessive. Have you considered speaking to a therapist to find other ways to deal with the anxiety?
    Like others have said, exercise is really helpful overall, but in the moment of the anxiety attack you need some way to handle it.

• Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes, I get anxiety as well. Working out helps. I also play a relaxing music station like piano type stuff.

I am currently playing Pandora while I work, just search "Relaxation" and there is stuff that is very relaxing :)
  • kaylacarol1989
    Options

Doesn't seem excessive. Have you considered speaking to a therapist to find other ways to deal with the anxiety?
    Like others have said, exercise is really helpful overall, but in the moment of the anxiety attack you need some way to handle it.

exactly, sometimes, like right, the anxiety is so prolonged and heavy that i literally feel like im gonna throw up... sorry TMI, but its a terrible feeling
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Oh and making sure you get lots of sleep and cutting out too many stimulants.
  • Oops_Myhaloslipped
    Oops_Myhaloslipped Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Xanax.