better oatmeal!

Options
For breakfast I take a 1/2 cup old fashion oats, 1/2 Apple diced, 1 cup water and 2 tsp cinnamon super yummy and filling!!

Replies

• elsongo
    Options
    Liar!!!
  • elsongo
    Options
    For breakfast I take a 1/2 cup old fashion oats, 1/2 Apple diced, 1 cup water and 2 tsp cinnamon super yummy and filling!!
    elsongo wrote: »
    Liar!!!

You 2009 should also eat healthy and nutritious fresh fruits too lol
  • amycarolyn2009
    Options
    I do...I was just putting out a good and filling breakfast.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liar!!!

What?

oatmeal isn't filling for me. Adding apples doesn't help. But apples do make it taste good, as do most fruit.
  • amycarolyn2009
    Options
    When it's all said and done it makes 2 cups worth. I guess I should have specified it fills me up until lunch.
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oats can be good and some what filling. If you food combine just right. My fav a tiny amount of dark maple syrup, with old fashioned oats, a sprinkle of blue berries, and Riches Coffee Creamer, coconut based not so bad on the fat, nice blend. Then I grab a handful of cashews for good omegas, and protein so that 1 hr later I am not hungry again. I was told that 1/2 cup of starch is a serving.
  • amycarolyn2009
    Options
    Ooo the maple sounds gooood!
  • eccentric88
    eccentric88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Alternatively I eat with seeds like cia, hemp, or buckwheat
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I love blueberries in my oats! And it's also filing for me.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Liar!!!

Wut?

I need to eat oatmeal topped with yogurt for it to be filling. I eat my main meal at lunch, and often have oatmeal and yogurt for dinner.

• amycarolyn2009
    Options
    joneallen wrote: »
    I love blueberries in my oats! And it's also filing for me.

I like blueberries in mine as well!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    That does sound delicious. Might have to try that for an evening meal. For breakfast, I would have to have some butter in it for fat and some eggs on the side or something to stay full. I have found I can't do just sweet for breakfast or I end up not making good choices that day...
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Due to the high calorie content, and to reduce my carbs a little, I will do a quarter cup of oats, 1/2 cup of water, 1 serving of some kind of fruit, usually frozen cherries, peaches, strawberries, or an apple, add 1/2 serving of walnuts, 1 tsp cinnamon, sometimes some artificial sweetener, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or some other source of protein. And top it off with some light whip cream.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    i like to add 1/4 cup dried cranberries to mine
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I need to have some protein and fat with it to make it filling. I had some steel cut oats this morning with blueberries plus leftover pork and veggies (uh, on the side), and it was quite filling. Giant breakfast, though.
  • amycarolyn2009
    Options
    dave4d wrote: »
    Due to the high calorie content, and to reduce my carbs a little, I will do a quarter cup of oats, 1/2 cup of water, 1 serving of some kind of fruit, usually frozen cherries, peaches, strawberries, or an apple, add 1/2 serving of walnuts, 1 tsp cinnamon, sometimes some artificial sweetener, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or some other source of protein. And top it off with some light whip cream.

I never thought of adding cottage cheese! Maybe worth a try
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal I eat instant just about every day some morning i splurge and get the sturdbucks blueberry hearty oatmeal its so so good there is real blueberry and nuts in it it I think i might try making a copy cat home version of it one day
  • amycarolyn2009
    Options
    I love oatmeal I eat instant just about every day some morning i splurge and get the sturdbucks blueberry hearty oatmeal its so so good there is real blueberry and nuts in it it I think i might try making a copy cat home version of it one day

Sounds yummy!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats many mornings. I find they keep me until lunch if I add some nuts and dried fruit to it. I need a little protein and fat with them.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yeah, on a usual day when I'm in the mood for oats and don't have leftovers from dinner or bacon, I add a little protein powder and fruit and have some nuts on the side.