better oatmeal!

Options
2»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    elsongo wrote: »
    For breakfast I take a 1/2 cup old fashion oats, 1/2 Apple diced, 1 cup water and 2 tsp cinnamon super yummy and filling!!
    elsongo wrote: »
    Liar!!!

You 2009 should also eat healthy and nutritious fresh fruits too lol

Wut?

I need to eat oatmeal topped with yogurt for it to be filling. I eat my main meal at lunch, and often have oatmeal and yogurt for dinner.

IA on the yogurt. Or protein powder. Or PB can help. Or just eating it with other protein sources like eggs and bacon/sausage.
  • angelemma2015
    angelemma2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    joneallen wrote: »
    I love blueberries in my oats! And it's also filing for me.

I like blueberries in mine as well!

Amy's right porridge oats is best food for breakfast good clean slow releasing carbs so filling and with blueberry a yummmy
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any "best food for breakfast." Oatmeal is nice, as are many other possibilities.
  • KatrineJensen
    KatrineJensen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I always make my oatmeal with 35-40 grams (1 deciliter) of rolled oats to 2 deciliters of water. When it's done, I stir in a tablespoon of all-natural peanut butter and a handful of fresh or frozen berries. Sprinkle with cinnamon because it's delicious and enjoy!
    It's super satisfying, the best comfort food ever for me :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd add, baked oatmeal is also pretty good. Especially if you add protein to it - I've just done protein powder, I do want to try adding greek yogurt though. With the powder you need to bake it at a lower temperature.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I need some fat and protein. I've tried this, it's not filling at all for me plus honestly I never found that it tasted THAT good. It's better if you add almond butter though...