5:2 diet

Options
Recently decided to start the 5:2 diet and wondered if anybody else is doing it? Be great to get other good ideas off people and help me keep motivated!

Replies

• aprilparker181
    aprilparker181 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Food*
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Leangains instead. I think I'd pig out too much on the 5 and starve on the 2. Good luck though :smile:
  • aprilparker181
    Options
    Yeah this is what I'm worried about! Done my second fast day today with calories to spare but evenings is when I love to eat! What is the leangains? Have you been doing it long?
  • Barbs2222
    Options
    Leangains is where you eat all your calories during a short window of time. I eat from 4:00 pm until 10:00 pm. But it could be whatever time you chose. 1200 to 1300 calories is my limit. I started maybe 3 weeks ago, I'm not sure, but I love it. I've never been happier while restricting calories. I sleep better too, because I'm full at night. I only get hungry from 1 or 2 until 4. But I used to be hungry 24/7 so this is way easier for me.
  • Barbs2222
    Options
    I like this guys website: http://www.leangains.com/
  • aprilparker181
    Options
    Yeah that sounds controlled and great that it has worked so well for you!
  • gemvicmc
    Options
    I'm starting the 5:2 next week , thought it worth a shot to lose my last 15/16lbs . Add me and we can support each other . My fast days will be Monday's and Wednesday's . Xx
  • aprilparker181
    Options
    Hello, yeah same I have 10pound to lose but may be more once I get into the swing of things! Definitely will add you- my fast days are Mondays and Wednesdays too! How are you feeling about it?! X
  • doccnm
    doccnm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too. I am working on a very resistant 5 lbs and have decided to try 5:2
  • nojretlas
    nojretlas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In my opinion just get your normal diet in order an lose the "quick" fix stuff.....soon after you complete you goal you probably will gain it back...good luck though!
  • aprilparker181
    Options
    I shall look forward to seeing all of your results
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just a couple of hours left of my first fast day. Have added you guys as it'd be good to have some friends doing the same thing.
  • aprilparker181
    Options
    Hope you found the first day comfortable! There's really good meals plans for it on google x
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about trying it too but i'm worried it's bad for you? I was inspired by a great little book of 5:2 vegetarian recipes that i figured would still be good even if 5:2 isn't doable. Feel free to add me. I think my fast days will also be monday and wednesday
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I usually fast Tuesdays and Thursdays. But the beauty of it is that if I have something on, I can change the day to another one. Here is a link to the 5:2 group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
  • mercadezporcha
    mercadezporcha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've just started 5:2 this week so far so good :)
  • Foxgym
    Foxgym Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Watch the original documentary http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilmsit will answer all your questions, also go to the MFP 5:2 group that is listed in the community page. 5:2 is in my opinion brilliant, I have never felt better or been healthier, but IT WAS NEVER intended to be a crash diet, Dr Mosely started his journey seeking a cure for his 'developing diabetes' he was skinny fat. Good luck :)