May Walking Challenge - Get our butts in gear!

Options

Replies

• nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2.2 MILES WALKED TODAY :)
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Done 5.5 again today - still counting!
    Good luck everyone!
  • chaneldear
    chaneldear Posts: 8
    Options
    I WANT TO!!!!!!!!!!
    But I always start and fall off:/ I dont know why or what to do. I need A LOT of motivation.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Good to see so many people posting! I've been doing C25K but keep forgetting to update my ticker!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I totally blew it this weekend! I wasn't able to get any walking in this weekend at all. :noway: I am geared and ready for this week though! :happy:

It was a holiday, I think most people blew it this weekend in one way or another...I know I did! lol This week we can rock this walking though!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    One mile in for today!

Total miles 8 and counting for the month :smile:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    2.25 miles done today
  • epage35
    epage35 Posts: 3
    Options
    I want to join this challenge. Yesterday I walked 5km in our annual Mother's Day marathon. I finished in 52 minutes...not bad considering I have a bum foot (I broke it several years ago and it never did heal right). I want to start walking around the neighborhood with my new baby but need help on how to track distance. Can anyone recommend a good (and cheap) pedometer to get me started?
  • lindaj07
    Options
    5.56 again today for me!
    Good luck everyone!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Not as much as I wanted, but considering this time last year I wouldn't have gone walking in the cold and rain, I'll take my 3.9 miles.

exercise.png
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    30 minutes today!
  • ladyjbg
    ladyjbg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Whoo!! 9 miles so far since I joined the challenge - getting in the groove :smile: Just got a new pedometer to help keep me on track and think I have just about worked out this ticker thing!!!!!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Options
    No miles today...been in bed pretty much all day with a migrane. So sorry everyone!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I logged 44 minutes on the treadmill today, no idea how many miles. I'd keep lowering the incline for my intervals and hitting it too many times so the machine would reset :grumble: thankfully I have my HRM or I'd have not idea what I burned.

I didn't walk yesterday (:::hanging head in shame:::) as I got in late from court and dinner was delayed etc. etc. etc. and I was dissuaded with the "it's not safe to go out alone at this time of night" lecture. I made sure I was indoors and during daylight this time so no excuses!
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hope we're all foing well, i got 2,9 miles in today
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Another 1.7 miles today

exercise.png
  • lindaj07
    Options
    5.56 miles again today! This is becoming my work day routine I think and I just got home before a torrential downpour!! :laugh:
    Hope you are all doing great!
  • lindaj07
    Options
    No miles today...been in bed pretty much all day with a migrane. So sorry everyone!

Don't you worry! You've been doing brilliantly, I'm sure you'll get back in stride! Meanwhile, take care!
  • Grandee47
    Grandee47 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm back after not walking so my knee could heal. Back to walking and going strong. :drinker: Doing 3.5 miles/day this week and am up to 18.5 miles for the month. I'm :heart: ing it! Does as much for my mind as it does for my body!

Dee:flowerforyou:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Options
    I will join and try my best! I have never been a walker, so I have to work slowly into it. i will figure out how to so the tickers tomorrow. But i did walk 2 miles today! It is a mile one way to my kids' school. So I walked to meet them after school and then we all walked home! Does that work? thanks everyone!

Did 2 miles today...
    Total for the month so far is 4 miles

i did 3 miles today...so far I have walked 7 miles for the month! :smile:

Another mile in today!!!

Total for month is 8 miles!