Toned six pack

Options
what do you do if you have bad knees ? What kind of weight training is safe?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i suggest consulting a physical therapist, or orthopedic about your specific condition and not a bunch of random internet people….

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    i suggest consulting a physical therapist, or orthopedic about your specific condition and not a bunch of random internet people….

This.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You don't need weight training for a "toned six pack".

Low body fat percentage is all you need.

No exercise necessary.

Keep losing fat and they will get "toned".
  • airborne18th
    airborne18th Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you do a few sessions of physical therapy they will give you a whole regiment of things to do which will tone your abs. and it is not just exercise, posture, how you sit and how you stand up will all improve your abs.
  • sunshine630813
    sunshine630813 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

No exercise necessary.

• sunshine630813
    Options

No exercise necessary.

• sunshine630813
    Options
    I wish it was that easy my weight hasn't moved and in eating every three hrs healthy eating and walking everyday :(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I wish it was that easy my weight hasn't moved and in eating every three hrs healthy eating and walking everyday :(

All that is required for weight loss, is a caloric deficit. Why are you eating every three hours? What does healthy eating mean? Can you open your diary?
  • sandgirl1
    sandgirl1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

All that is required for weight loss, is a caloric deficit. Why are you eating every three hours? What does healthy eating mean? Can you open your diary?

Before doing 21 Day Fix I only ate 3 times a day, now I'm eating about 6 times a day, I always feel full BUT I hear that in order for your body to keep burning fat, you have to fuel it every few hours....
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    sandgirl1 wrote: »

Before doing 21 Day Fix I only ate 3 times a day, now I'm eating about 6 times a day, I always feel full BUT I hear that in order for your body to keep burning fat, you have to fuel it every few hours....

You heard wrong
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Multi meals a day is not what will get you abs. What will get you abs is eating in a defict.

Most people eat way more than they think, because they are not weighing their food.

Make sure you are eating protein as well! Many people "diet" but then really lack in protein.
  • sandgirl1
    sandgirl1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

You heard wrong

I am only 10lbs from my goal weight and was only eating 1200 calories a day while doing P90X & BEAST Hybrid, I've started the 21 Day Fix Meal plan only trying to increase my calories but they say eat LESS but more often. So, I would be interested in knowing what has worked for the rest of you. I am also adding a Caesin protein shake after my workouts and another just before bed. I stick to clean eating, nothing from a box (other than my protein powder)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

You heard wrong

I am only 10lbs from my goal weight and was only eating 1200 calories a day while doing P90X & BEAST Hybrid, I've started the 21 Day Fix Meal plan only trying to increase my calories but they say eat LESS but more often. So, I would be interested in knowing what has worked for the rest of you. I am also adding a Caesin protein shake after my workouts and another just before bed. I stick to clean eating, nothing from a box (other than my protein powder)

Meal timing has no effect on weight loss. It has a performance effect on your P90X program which if you had more energy from eat smaller frequent portions= you burn more calories upping your intensity during the workout.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

It's not that it's "that easy", it's that it's the only way.

The. Only. Way.

There is no other.

Your search for another, so-called "easy" way is guaranteed to fail.

Guaranteed.

• subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    What if I want an un-toned 6 pack? Perhaps we could get a sticky on the topic...
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »

No exercise necessary.

OK, serious question. I see you say things like this. Then in other threads you'll see people swear there's something special going on. "You have no idea how hard it is. The body holds on to vital stores, etc etc." So which is it? Does the body hold on to vital stores or is it just as simple as dieting down to some low number? And did you have to keep reducing your calories or were your losses steady?

During my contest prep, I do 3 sets of abs once a week. That just goes to show you it comes down to diet and body fat percentage.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

No. That's a myth.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    As someone who has always wanted a six pack, at 17% BF and weightlifting for over a year, I still didn't have it. As a woman, we have to dip lower, typically then men to achieve it and even then, it may not be sustained (some women can but there is a genetic component to it as well). I've even seen very fit, muscular men who were bodybuilding competition ready who did not have one. For me, I lost interest when I learned achieving it may mean losing muscle. I was not willing to sacrifice that for physique and I actually am pretty satisfied with what I've achieved. Would I like to achieve more? Sure. But nothing so specific. Whatever happens, happens.

Take weight loss slow, do suggested exercises within your limitations. Get a good amount of protein and don't get impatient. Typically, if a BF% is too low to maintain you might be able to achieve it after bulking and cutting and utilizing the muscle group you want to build but again, I found peace with, "I'll improve myself and if it happens, it happens. " =) sorry ramble lol