How often do you eat fast food?

Options
How often do you eat fast food, that is not a cheat meal? Meaning, how often do you work fast food into your daily calorie count? I do about once a week and usually feel guilty. I tend to stay away from fast food, not because it won't fit into my calories, but because it's really hard for me to limit what I can eat. I can fit 2 tacos into my calories but I want 4 and 10 other things on the menu!

Replies

• KarenFord1988
    Options
    Almost never. I've eaten Chick-fil-a once or twice in the past year and I've had Wendy's chili once or twice in the past year. I pretty much stay away from it.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I don't, really, unless we're on the way back from skiing. And a full day of downhill skiing burns so many calories that I don't really worry about the calories in whatever we pick up for the drive home.

I do occasionally get a smoothie or whatever at Jugo Juice, but that's it. Fortunately my lifestyle affords me time to prepare food at home most of the time so I don't have to eat on the run.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    At first it was maybe once or twice a week, but now I'm mostly avoiding it altogether because taste ...and sodium. My cooking tastes better and I'm using more nutritious options. Fast food burgers I can leave behind. Still want a fry or two here and there though. :)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Honestly? These days its 4-6 times a week. I work am a mother & wife in addition to working a full time job & part time job & being a full time grad student. There are not enough hours in the day lol.

IMO its not about where you eat, its about the choices you make. That does not mean each and every bite needs to meet some ideological view of 'healthy' but you need to consider in some way how it fits into the overall scheme of things.

I frequent Subway, Zaxby's, Wendy's, occasionally Taco Bell, Krystal. Not necessarily a 'fast food' but I also eat Dominos on a regular basis as that's the 2nd job. Even pizza, in moderation, works out just fine.

I'm at maintenance now by the way but I lived this way while loosing 50+ pounds also.
  • Skinnyminniemae
    Skinnyminniemae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating FF. After a week or so it tastes gross. I don't miss it. I hate the way it made me feel after I ate it. I save my calories and money for a real restaurant, when I do go out. Plus eating all the empty cals makes you want more, and you know that there is no way you should even want more, let alone have room for it.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It depends on how you define fast food.

How often do I eat at American fast food chains like McDonald's or Burger King? Almost never, 'cause I really don't like them very much. But then, I never really ate that stuff even when I was overweight and gaining weight. That was never my temptation. I was more the cookies-and-chocolate type, not the burgers-and-fries type.

But I do eat restaurant food a lot, and even if it's not technically "fast food" (I'm a bit of a food snob, to be honest) it doesn't mean it's all that good for me. Even higher quality restaurant food can be pretty packed with calories.
  • Datarn
    Datarn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    About the only time I eat FF is when I travel for work - and my options are limited. But I try to choose healthier foods on the menus.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Almost never, although i did also try Chic-fil-a when they opened nearby, just to try it.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'm eating low carb so fast food doesn't fit that well, but I reserve the right to hit up Five Guys for cheeseburgers without the bun if I really need a grease fix. Last time I was on low carb for awhile I did this maybe once a month.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 2-5 times a week. My husband and I almost always have Chick-fil-a for breakfast on Saturdays and often on Sunday we'll grab Whataburger/Panera/Jimmy John's/Raising Canes while we're out running errands. Depending on the week, I might swing by Chick-fil-a or Jimmy John's for lunch.

I'm on maintenance now, but I lost 38lbs and still consumed fast food. This is a life long change for me and I know that I'm going to want to eat fast food in the future, so I make it fit.
  • clairebelle222
    clairebelle222 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    my weakness is cheeseburgers, so i make one at home, taste and looks better
  • IGotThis1992
    IGotThis1992 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Once a week. But like you said, I ALWAYS fit in into my calories. Its only one meal, and I always keep it under 500 calories.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Once a week for lunch I have fast food/restaurant food.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    2+ times a week. We always have Chinese on a Friday and I'll usually work a mcds or KFC in another night. Not as a 'cheat' - I work within calories/macros.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Twice a week. Boston Market chicken market bowl is 500 calories and worth every one. I get double chicken, for an additional hundred or so calories.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Twice a week, sometimes more. But it is rarely a burger and fries. Usually when I get "fast food", it is a bowl with brown rice, veggies, and chicken from Chipotle, or a salad from Chick-fil-A (half the dressing, no other toppings). About twice a month, I may get a burger and fries. Oh, we also like Panda Express (I get "light" entrees and veggies instead of rice typically).
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Maybe 2-3 times a year. It's very rare.
  • gwayby
    gwayby Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever anymore. It just doesn't fill me up (or it does, but only for an hour and then it shoots straight through me lmao). I got a quesarito a few weeks back on the way to my fiance's grandpa's funeral, and I was horrified to later find out it was 680 calories. It just isn't worth it.

I do like a Wendy's ultimate chicken grill every now and again though (only 370 cals), but I'll pair it with an arugula salad and some balsamic vinegar at home or something like that.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Probably 1-2x per week. I will have lunch out at Chipotles or Subway once per week, and kids eat free at Moe's on Tuesday nights :) I always fit it in and I've consistently lost.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    At least 2-3 times a month. i'm addicted to Burger King bacon double cheeseburgers :-P