Juice fasting

Options
12346»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    When my Dad got cancer, my mum got into the juicing thing hoping it would "reverse" his disease... All that juice he drank didn't let him live a day longer :'(<3

Admittedly I do agree with, you can shove more into a juicer than you could possibly eat on a plate. It's just a sore spot when I hear it reverses many sicknesses...
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    From the way some of y'all juice, I don't see how you're doing anything more healthy than grinding up a multivitamin and mixing it into a soda. If that's how you want to do this, it's fine with me, but ascribing Harry Potter level magical attributes to it doesn't make much sense to me.
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When my Dad got cancer, my mum got into the juicing thing hoping it would "reverse" his disease... All that juice he drank didn't let him live a day longer :'(<3

Admittedly I do agree with, you can shove more into a juicer than you could possibly eat on a plate. It's just a sore spot when I hear it reverses many sicknesses...

sorry about losing your dad :'( we all look for anything that might help to feel like we're at least trying to do something (we all ate a ton of broccoli sprouts when my sister was dying of cancer)

You can def drink more than you can eat, but that's only because you're leaving out the fiber. What's the point? I'm glad if it makes people "feel" like they're doing something good for themselves, but cringe when I see people just juicing or replacing multiple meals with juices. Crash diets are called that for a reason....you eventually crash.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    not to beat this to death, but if you look up what constitutes 9 servings of fruit and vegetables a day, it's definitely doable without a juicer. the 9 servings is also for a person who eats 2000 calories a day. with that amount, it's not that difficult. if you can pay attention enough to stuff it into a juicer, you have the ability to just eat it without juicing.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just had a stir fry. I lost count of how many vegies we put in, but there were at least 10 different kinds
  • bizzney
    Options
    I am starting a juice fast as well. I watched both Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead movies and was inspired. I have been counting calories and nutrients on this website for years and I'm still ticking up on the scales. I have decided to start out slow. I'm juicing 4 times a day with one healthy meal a day, tomorrow I plan on cutting out even that. Wish me luck. Hopefully this will jump start some weight gain that I sorely need to lose. Just counting calories hasn't worked.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    bizzney wrote: »
    I am starting a juice fast as well. I watched both Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead movies and was inspired. I have been counting calories and nutrients on this website for years and I'm still ticking up on the scales. I have decided to start out slow. I'm juicing 4 times a day with one healthy meal a day, tomorrow I plan on cutting out even that. Wish me luck. Hopefully this will jump start some weight gain that I sorely need to lose. Just counting calories hasn't worked.

If it's not working for you then you are doing it wrong. It's all about calories in versus calories out. Science
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    bizzney wrote: »

What are you going to do when your juice fast ends? Why not learn the skills needed to have an appropriate relationship with food from the beginning? Unless you plan on living on juice for the rest of your life, you will wind up putting weight back on when you eat real food again.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    liquids aren't as filling to me. how would you not be starving on an all juice diet?
  • Babe2309
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Krau wrote: »
    People have completely REVERSED many illnesses through juicing. There are a large variety of ways to juice. You can juice and eat or you can just juice and people often juice for 15, 30, or even more days with absolutely no ill effects. You're body is given a break from digesting and your system resets itself and you are getting all of those micronutrients that instantly absorbed into and used by your body. I don't prefer to just juice because I need variety to my diet but I know that many people have done it and after the adjustment period (the first 4 days or so) you can juice comfortably and not be hungry or have any of the side effects that you experience in the first few days of detoxing

I want to know specifically what diseases are being completely reversed. I would also like to know what are you detoxing from? Is it toxins? And if so, specially what toxins is the juicing causing you to detox.