The Truth about Calorie Restriction

Options

Replies

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I did not read that mountain of a post, but I did skim it..

here is what I do not understand..you say you went from 204 to 160 pounds, which is a 44 pound loss...how did you do that, if not through restricting calories?????????

or did I miss something...

I think that's the part she was complaining about 'starving' herself on 1400 calories a day.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

here is what I do not understand..you say you went from 204 to 160 pounds, which is a 44 pound loss...how did you do that, if not through restricting calories?????????

You missed the part where she's at least 200 pounds (no longer believes in weighing herself). No answer for what you're asking though.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

You missed the part where she's at least 200 pounds (no longer believes in weighing herself). No answer for what you're asking though.

I see now...OP is saying that starvation mode made her go back up to 200 pounds....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    OP - calorie restriction helped me go from 210# to 175 # and keep the weight off ...so my N=1 trumps your N=1 ...
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    It's quite easy to become fat while becoming a vegetarian. Most junk food doesn't contain meat so it's very easy to stuff yourself on it. Especially when you don't get enough protein.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you could be both 200 lbs and "starving yourself" .... Hm.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    vegaetarianism made me fat and "curvy" i went bakc to 145 . i was unhappy and flabby. i am now 105-103 and happy in my paleo type diet

Oh, just IN.

No comment on the OP... I can't wrap my head around healing from starvation at 1400 calories being the threshold for starvation.

Paleo didn't get me thin. I got fat stress eating low-carb.

I'm losing weight restricting calories as a vegetarian.

Because it doesn't matter which method of eating I'm going by these days, it's all about how much food I'm shoving in my pie-hole.

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 cals a day and don't feel like I'm starving. I will never believe that if i start eating 2000 cals (which is my maintenance for the weight i am now) of super healthy food I'll lose weight. I agree that people should try to eat as healthy as possible but that's about all I agree with.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    nope, not touching this thread

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is really that cloudi2 person from those other threads...the incoherence is vaguely familiar.
  • earth_echo
    earth_echo Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Ah, the righteousness of youth......
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Whoa..... k, tl;dr. Can someone bullet-point this ish for me?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    EmmieBaby wrote: »
    nope, not touching this thread

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

I just LOL'd. :P
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this was flagged, three times.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:

NOOO, mfp is like fight club. WE DO NOT SPEAK OF IT.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    1400 calories and you felt like you were starving? Not if you eat the right foods. If you eat small calorie packed twinkies, of course you're going to be hungry. But if you eat peppers and onions in your chili, and slap a salad next to a sandwich, your stomach constantly has food to chew.

Totally an aside, but zucchini -- of all things -- is good for bulking up chili too. It completely absorbs the background flavor.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

NOOO, mfp is like fight club. WE DO NOT SPEAK OF IT.

Haha Gotcha :wink:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    1400 calories and you felt like you were starving? Not if you eat the right foods. If you eat small calorie packed twinkies, of course you're going to be hungry. But if you eat peppers and onions in your chili, and slap a salad next to a sandwich, your stomach constantly has food to chew.

Totally an aside, but zucchini -- of all things -- is good for bulking up chili too. It completely absorbs the background flavor.

I can't wait until I can buy fresh zucchini and summer squash again.

Come on summer!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    You say you stopped paying attention to your caloric intake....so how do you know you were only eating 1000-1100 calories a day? Guessing? If you weren't losing weight for a year, your "guesses" were probably wrong.
This discussion has been closed.