Help! I ate a cake!

Options
2»

Replies

• perktms
    perktms Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to not mope. Can't go back and undo it. Did you at least enjoy it? Or were you eating it as a coping mechanism? If so, what were you trying to deal with.
    Try not to think too much and act. I'm sure your kids would love to spend time with you and going outside always cheers me up. Soak up the sights and smells of spring.
    You can do it!
  • Netsi
    Netsi Posts: 7
    Options
    I vote for the walk! I've been having a hard time resisting the half price fraps at Starbucks this week so I'm in the same boat as you really!
  • scouter318
    scouter318 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    first - what kind of cake? was it delicious??

second - i second robertf57 - forgive yourself!

we all should have a go at some cake (or mexican food) sometime and not feel like we have to beat ourselves up over it. plus - you have a great game plan for working off those calories!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I would mope for a minute, go pick up a few things, run up and down the stairs five times, and then go take a mile walk.

I feel that when I do something for more than 5 or 10 minutes I slow down enough for me to dwell on what I have done.

Cleaning would burn 20 calories, the stairs 30 and the mile 100 calories. Not much, but it definitely would make a dent in the cake.
  • phatatude
    phatatude Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds like about 1.5 hours on the treadmill ... You can do it :)

Its funny, now, whenever I eat something thats a bit decadent, I take small bites, chew REALLY slowly and close my eyes. This is all so I can get the full enjoyment without any outside interference :) The family laughs at me when I slow down and go into my "Food Meditation" mode ...

Phatatude - Keep up the good work, and keep the pounds down!

(Always looking for friends)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    :heart: omg its just some cake. give yourself a break! re-start again tomorrow. we are not robots and some times you need a break from the diet.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Well, I see tons of support here! If it helps at all, my birthday was over the weekend and I spent the ENTIRE weekend eating CRAP. I didn't even record anything because I was ashamed of what it would add to. So, I worked my butt off at the gym the past two days and feel better about myself now. I did gain a pound over the weekend and that really hurt my feelings. Don't get discouraged, this type of thing happens to everyone. It's okay to have these days once in awhile. Do your best to excercise when you can. Walking is a great idea! Sitting on the couch may only make you feel worse....... you don't want that! Hope you're feeling better! :flowerforyou:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Cake happens. Don't panic!

Here's what I'm thinking:

There are all sorts of things you could do to work off the calories, and maybe it's a good idea to do so. It's a good idea to get some exercise anyway, right? But DON'T exercise as "punishment" for eating cake.

Am I reading too much into this particular thread? I hate to see anyone get down on themselves for eating and enjoying eating. Yeah, overindulgence is bad, but so is feeling guilty for overindulging, y'know?
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Been there! Get up and walk it off. I ate 440 cals in candy yesterday and I have a cold, so I sat on my butt! Wish I had walked! :happy:
  • SUSANB37
    SUSANB37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep, I ate 3 chicken fajitas, a side of rice & beans, & tortilla chips and salsa at my fav mexican place today at lunch. I don't feel bad about it because...it was soooo good. I'm making a low cal healthy dinner tonight and am doing some walking, plus I drank a ton of water to help with the sodium. Enjoy life-it was only 1 day. Dust yourself off and play with your babies. You're doing great!
  • misskate719
    misskate719 Posts: 92
    Options
    I just ate a crap load of spaghetti. I know how your feeling. I'm planning on sparring for 20 mins and hitting the gym when my husband gets home to burn the calories I just ate and did not need!!!!
  • mehlen
    mehlen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Go for that walk with the kids...bring along lots of water to stay hydrated....enjoy the fact that you can take care of yoursef by a slurge every now and then...and still take care of yourself through water and time enjoying the kids. (Don't think of it as exercise...it's fun to be out with the kids...) *hugs* (My downfall is powdered donuts.)
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's all good. I ate two donuts today and still managed to be under my calorie goal :) just breathe & keep going