The most ridiculous diet tips you've ever heard?

Options

Replies

• Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ~diets where you eat only one kind of food per day
    ~the master cleanse (or any other cleanse for that matter)
    ~women shouldn't lift weights that weigh more than 5 pounds
    ~vlcd's are always necessary to lose weight
    ~not to eat during certain times of the day (i.e., no eating between 7PM and 7AM)
  • salemxo
    salemxo Posts: 96
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Due to my height, weight, lifestyle (I'm a student so I spend most of the day sitting in class or in a library) I would definitely gain weight on 2,000 calories. Just because the average woman needs 2,000 calories doesn't mean all women need it!
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nothing but apples and water for 7 days....I would die!!!!
  • salemxo
    Options
    Nothing but apples and water for 7 days....I would die!!!!

Why would you torture yourself like that haha!!
  • otheliemoor
    otheliemoor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    A coworker have started with these shakes and soups, which comes in these small portion packets and is powder mixed in water. It is insanely expensive and I honestly think it smells like vomit. And she is supposed to live on these things for 3 weeks. I would die if I could not eat anything fresh for that long.

Worst thing I think she'll get a discount if she recruit more people, so she is trying to sell it to us like crazy. My food budget is about $50 a week, I'm not spending $100 for a weeks worth of horrible powder.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    The other day I saw a post for the 5 bite diet. Uhhh, ok??!! I might could do that. I bet I could fit 1/3 of a steak as one bite... Bahahahahaa!
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    At work, we have a lot of really thin Asian ladies. They claim by drinking hot water with their meals, that it melts the fat in their bodies to help stay thin.

Someone told me this, but threw in that adding lemon juice does even more and you can pretty much pee the fat out.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My step-mother was on diet where she could only eat tuna, boiled eggs, and plain coffee or tea for 5 days out of the week and on the weekends she could have what ever she wanted. Needless to say she didn't lose any weight.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Cico

no, you're right. thermodynamics is a lie from da debil.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    At work, we have a lot of really thin Asian ladies. They claim by drinking hot water with their meals, that it melts the fat in their bodies to help stay thin.

HAHA I heard the opposite... Drinking ice cold water burns more calories...Uhhhhh OK?

• kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Recently, a friend told me I should only run on an empty stomach. When I mentioned I have low blood pressure, and would pass out, she replied "Oh, your body adjusts after a few weeks!"
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    The other day I saw a post for the 5 bite diet. Uhhh, ok??!! I might could do that. I bet I could fit 1/3 of a steak as one bite... Bahahahahaa!

I remember that thread, the person was advocating eating no more than ten bites of food per day. JFC.
  • LaSuiza
    LaSuiza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had some n00b that set up an account yesterday and needs to lose 70lbs send me a message that I would lose weight if I just cut out snacks. Now I know why people don't make their food diaries public.

Lol!
    Someone told me I couldn't eat chocolate everyday if I want to lose weight...uhm hell yeah I can!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Pupslice wrote: »
    Steph38878 wrote: »

I remember that thread, the person was advocating eating no more than ten bites of food per day. JFC.

That was it. LOL.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    A coworker have started with these shakes and soups, which comes in these small portion packets and is powder mixed in water. It is insanely expensive and I honestly think it smells like vomit. And she is supposed to live on these things for 3 weeks. I would die if I could not eat anything fresh for that long.

Worst thing I think she'll get a discount if she recruit more people, so she is trying to sell it to us like crazy. My food budget is about $50 a week, I'm not spending $100 for a weeks worth of horrible powder.

OMG. We must work at the same place. My coworkers did this too. I think it was supposed to be some kind of keto thing. I caught them in the ladies room and they were peeing on these litmus looking sticks to see if they were in ketosis or something. Very weird. A week later one of the passed out at a customer meeting from starving herself.
  • crystalnichols395
    crystalnichols395 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    If you only cut out sodas you will lose all the weight you want. You might lose the first 10 from not drinking sodas but that will be it unless you exercises and diet. Also every stupid commercial saying if you shake this over your food you will lose weight.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie or negative calorie foods, like celery. Sure, the calories are low, but it still counts!
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My own Mother who has yo-yo dieted for as long as I can remember is back on Weight Watchers. That's totally cool, I know it works for people. I hate that I keep being told MFP is too time consuming (i.e. weighing and logging, I may not be consistent but I do see results and it's free). Also that if I would just give up whole milk, whole sour cream, whole cheeses, etc., etc., etc. and only eat no fat/low fat/free substitutes, I would never have to worry about portion sizes or weighing or logging.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    fat makes you fat
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Avoid protein shakes, since they make you fat. For real, it's ONLY the protein shakes that made this woman gain weight, not the KFC, McDonald's, ice cream, cakes, etc that she was eating.