• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    jaymvita wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    and the new Fantastic 4 promises to be good without "I can't act but I look pretty" Jessica Alba in it.

The problem is, they have to detract from awesome villain fighting time to explain why Johnny Storm is a black dude now. Even though I know it's based on the Ultimates universe, 99.999999% of everyone else in the world is like, why not recast Chris Evans MIRITE, oh yeah, he can't be Captain America and Johnny Storm at the same time.

Well, just wait til the world finds out Idris Elba is being cast as the next James Bond..... that should make some heads explode.

He'd make such an awesome Bond! Love him in Luther.

Oh, me too. I think it's a great idea. but I think there will be an uproar.

Bleggh it's 2015. Hopefully we've all grown up just a bit. I want to see Donald Glover as Spider-Man too.

Not in Alabama.... or parts of Texas and Mississippi
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    and the new Fantastic 4 promises to be good without "I can't act but I look pretty" Jessica Alba in it.

The problem is, they have to detract from awesome villain fighting time to explain why Johnny Storm is a black dude now. Even though I know it's based on the Ultimates universe, 99.999999% of everyone else in the world is like, why not recast Chris Evans MIRITE, oh yeah, he can't be Captain America and Johnny Storm at the same time.

Well, just wait til the world finds out Idris Elba is being cast as the next James Bond..... that should make some heads explode.

He'd make such an awesome Bond! Love him in Luther.

Oh, me too. I think it's a great idea. but I think there will be an uproar.

Bleggh it's 2015. Hopefully we've all grown up just a bit. I want to see Donald Glover as Spider-Man too.

Not in Alabama.... or parts of Texas and Mississippi

Touché
  • ohi874
    ohi874 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wars > Trek if you're talking old school.

Trek > Wars if you're talking new renditions ( 1-3 vs Trek 1-2)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    George Takei had it right, Star Wars and Star Trek fans shouldn't be hating one another, they should be hating on Twilight series together.

George-Takei-Oh-Myy-ebook-cover.jpg
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I use to watch Silverhawks!!
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    They're totally different animals - I refuse to pick just one. Both are fantastic in different ways (although I prefer some ST series drastically over others). At the gym I'm usually wearing SOME piece of clothing from SW or ST (sometimes both :p ). I own a 60's style Star Trek dress but also have an R2D2 collection. Why pick sides?
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Leia-kissing-Kirk-IMG_4056.jpg
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Leia-kissing-Kirk-IMG_4056.jpg

lol... @mccindy72‌ Well played!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    star wars.

i remember watching both movie sagas (the original ones) with my grandma when i was younger. great memories!
  • Jambon692
    Jambon692 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Neither. I'm an ex WoW player, current Xbox Player, Super Mario fanatic, proud Ravenclaw. I have nerdy qualities fo'shizzle :wink:
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Jambon692 wrote: »
    Neither. I'm an ex WoW player, current Xbox Player, Super Mario fanatic, proud Ravenclaw. I have nerdy qualities fo'shizzle :wink:

Nintendo wouldn't have failed at the WiiU so hard if they had made a Super Mario RPG 2
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I adore them both, even played SWTOR ~ Papatoad Jedi Consul/ Jedi Sage
    STO ~ Papatoad Engineer. I am banking the New SW will be pretty rocking. If I had to pick a verse to live in. I don't really know. Federation Captain or Jedi, tough call indeed. if I had to pick a better movie or movies at this time right now. Abrams wrapped it with a bow, where Lucas burrowed from the middle of Frankenstein. ~ IMHO
  • mccindy72
    Options

Not very well-rounded though... what do you bring to the table besides gaming?
  • jaymvita
    Options
    cnadiger wrote: »
    I worked at Marvel but before that I wrote some comics for Valiant Comics ... Specifically Magic: The Gathering and Sliders (the TV show). So do I win the nerd crown or something? ;)

What happened to Sliders? I loved that show and then it just....stopped.

The original creators moved on and the show kinda just lost steam. The cast started dropping out and it became a patchwork series after that. It had its moments :)
  • mccindy72
    Options
    cnadiger wrote: »
    I worked at Marvel but before that I wrote some comics for Valiant Comics ... Specifically Magic: The Gathering and Sliders (the TV show). So do I win the nerd crown or something? ;)

What happened to Sliders? I loved that show and then it just....stopped.

The original creators moved on and the show kinda just lost steam. The cast started dropping out and it became a patchwork series after that. It had its moments :)

Jerry married Mystique and had twins.
  • jaymvita
    Options
    Let's see some hard core need credentials ...

Red Dwarf anyone? ;)
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    George Takei had it right, Star Wars and Star Trek fans shouldn't be hating one another, they should be hating on Twilight series together.

Good point! Star Trek for me, I went to a Star Trek convention way, way back in the day (late 70's), before those sorts of things were even a thing. I like Star Wars also, but Star Trek first.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Both, and sometimes neither, depending on my mood and what I want to watch.
  • mccindy72
    Options
    Let's see some hard core need credentials ...

Red Dwarf anyone? ;)

that's across the pond.... never had access.
  • Jambon692
    Jambon692 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Not very well-rounded though... what do you bring to the table besides gaming?

Social awkwardness. :joy: