And the quote of the century is...

Options

Replies

• Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I'm pretty much at the throw in the towel and give up moment. There is literally no logic to this.
    VznWITE.jpg
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    OP - haven't other posters suggest you get your blood work done and check for a potential thyroid issue? Have you done that yet?
    -
    Also, I would suggest reverse dieting to maintenance level stay there for about a month, and then cut back down to a 500 calorie deficit....

You could have metabolic adaptation/adaptive thermogenesis which has reset your maintenance and deficit number to a lower number....

Yup. Solid advice IMO. I'm thinking I'll do a reverse diet once I'm consistently down to 150 or 155 for a few weeks, just to see if I can increase my intake even more. Been at this for 8 months or so, and have taken breaks but have yet to reverse diet to try and find my true current maintenance.
    I've already done the reverse diet up to 2700 then slashed my calories back down. It didn't seem to have a huge effect. I gained weight like I expected but it all came off almost immediately when I reduced calories. Several pounds over a few days.

you did it wrong...

reverse diet should take a total of about two to three months...

step 1 = 100 calories a week until you hit maintenance
    step 2 = once you hit maintenance stay there for a month
    step 3 = slowly reduce 100 calories per week back down to deficit level of half pound or one pound per week loss...

the "gain" you experienced was more than likely water weight as glycogen replenished itself...

What's the reasoning behind step 3? I've known about steps 1 and 2 but somehow not #3. Is it just to prevent the fast water flush or something beyond that?

well that…and you may find that after doing the reverse diet that your one pound per week loss level is actually higher then perviously …

when I did my last bulk I raised my maintenance level from about 2600 to 2650 up to 2700 2750 so now I can cut on 2250 for a one pund per week loss as opposed to 2150 ….

OR

you can just cut down 500 calories and see how it goes...

Lol. Interesting. Thanks for the explanation.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    OP, STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS. You're just making yourself unhappy and depressed.
  • klnor
    klnor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You skip logging for days, only log for half the day, etc. And then you log for a few days and come on here to complain? I would be willing to bet you aren't logging all your food every day. Maybe try lowering your calories another 250-500
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Deipneus wrote: »
    I'm pretty much at the throw in the towel and give up moment. There is literally no logic to this.
    VznWITE.jpg

twitchy.gif
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    So this is why you come into thread and call baloney on CICO? Because the fit chick has a higher BMR than you?

I'm sorry you feel the need to compare yourself to others. But you have already lost a lot of weight, you should be proud of yourself! I have to have a very different goal than my much taller, much heavier husband. Am I jealous that he can eat 2400 calories and be at a deficit? HECK YES. But does that mean that what I am doing is not working? NO! Also, I just did the bloodwork to check for thyroid problems. Easy peasy.

Just think about yourself. Don't put yourself against others like that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    So at 100lbs less than me she has more muscle mass than I do? LOL How is that possible. Even at 30% body fat my muscle mass would be more than her entire body weight.

158191488fed2f79e60a65843a72acc4d945c962b506c3e85c6d8a79933e0092.jpg

I really hope this thread disappears or that other users turn it into a gif-fest.
    So does this mean I can't count on your help?

Who cares? The times I have offered help you basically whined and betched about what I said and argued that your logging was just fine. I don't have time for people like yourself.

Then stop replying to their posts?
  • JLFIT247
    Options
    Stop comparing yourself to others and fix what is broken. If you're not losing weight then you need to try something new. Everyone here is only trying to help.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Forget the BodPod and get a DEXA.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Where is the quote of the century?
  • dollydemise
    dollydemise Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I looked at a couple of your entries. Some of the foods you are eating have a lot of sodium. When I eat too much sodium on a regular basis, I feel like I cannot lose a pound if my life depended on it. I had only noticed the correlation during a long plateau myself. Also, increase your water intake. I find that water has been a miracle cure-all to me.
  • ana3067
    Options

"I'm sorry man, IDK what to tell you. Like you said, it makes no sense. 5'6" 128 lb female, lifts 4x a week for 35 min, elliptical 1x a week for 25 min, sedentary desk job, eats 2400 cals/day and loses."
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

"I'm sorry man, IDK what to tell you. Like you said, it makes no sense. 5'6" 128 lb female, lifts 4x a week for 35 min, elliptical 1x a week for 25 min, sedentary desk job, eats 2400 cals/day and loses."

...Granted, this century is only a little over 14 years old. But apparently that's the leader in the clubhouse.
  • ana3067
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

...Granted, this century is only a little over 14 years old. But apparently that's the leader in the clubhouse.

I don't think I'll live another 76 years to find out if this is truly the winner. Darn it :( Or if I do I won't remember this thread and quote. Time to set up a calendar reminder!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I lurk a lot, and i remember one thread recently where you jumped on, hijacked the thread by being a nasty, snarky human, and then personally attacked the girl who was asking about a plateau. It was really kind of shocking how nasty you were to this girl (who appeared to have an eating disorder, if I'm not mixing up my threads here).

Turns out you're in a plateau yourself and you don't want to do anything at all to help yourself, you just want to argue and complain.

People have offered you advice. Either take it or don't, just stop complaining about whatever choice you make.

Have a cat.

sblgep.jpg

commenting exclusively to say that this cat is goddamn majestic. I hopes its name is Sir Fluffington McFlufferface.
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    It is not fair. Why do some people get cancer and others don't? Why are some smarter than others? If the famine comes, you are going to be better off than most. Your body does what it does, and all you can do is accept that and work with it. You need to eat less than you are (however much that is) and you need to exercise more. If you have not checked with your physician, please do, because there could be a different issue as well.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I lurk a lot, and i remember one thread recently where you jumped on, hijacked the thread by being a nasty, snarky human, and then personally attacked the girl who was asking about a plateau. It was really kind of shocking how nasty you were to this girl (who appeared to have an eating disorder, if I'm not mixing up my threads here).

Turns out you're in a plateau yourself and you don't want to do anything at all to help yourself, you just want to argue and complain.

People have offered you advice. Either take it or don't, just stop complaining about whatever choice you make.

Have a cat.

sblgep.jpg

Can I pet kitty's fluffy belly, or will kitty claw my hand off? Cuz I really want to pet the fluffy belly.

It's always worth a shot. :D

This one always says "yes!" ahem.

x6mq78.jpg

you can just tell that one's a slut for belly rubs.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

Have a cat.

sblgep.jpg

Can I pet kitty's fluffy belly, or will kitty claw my hand off? Cuz I really want to pet the fluffy belly.

It's always worth a shot. :D

This one always says "yes!" ahem.

x6mq78.jpg

you can just tell that one's a slut for belly rubs.

Good thing she's been spayed :p

This one, however, is a dentist who often demonstrates how he likes his patients to open wide. He's also a lawyer who likes to wrist young chickens.

2guw66c.jpg

I don't know why that's upside down, but I'm on my phone and too lazy to fix it, sorry.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    Options
    Its okay, I think being upside down only adds to the majesty. I too am a lawyer, but I don't have his style or sophistication.

I would add my Gus Gus, but she is busy stuffing her face before she returns to her nap. #datsedentarycatlife F, 1'4", 2.25 years old. SW: 12.4 CW:11.6 GW:10. The struggle is real.
  • ana3067
    Options
    ugh you guys, staahp

10014746_10152322793581427_8816813302088277976_o.jpg