My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Replies

• finnyfella
    finnyfella Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2015
    Awesome
  • Great job! It's hard to start over and motivate yourself. Rock on! Be proud of yourself
  • Fantastic,well done x
  • Wow great job
  • ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    THATS AMAZING. your story is super inspirational and what I really like is how u point out that we all can find a million different excuses why not to eat healthy or work out but *kitten* when u want it bad enough U will find a dam way.
  • Kegbeth69
    Kegbeth69 Posts: 4 Member
    Wow totally amazing results. Good for you girlfriend.
  • You go girl!!!
  • tbnewsask
    tbnewsask Posts: 10 Member
    Fantastic results, thanks for sharing your knowledge!
  • new2canada
    new2canada Posts: 119 Member
    You are such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    You look awesome! Way to go!
  • Anazing transformation, you look great! I love your story. I'm a stay at home mom I have NO excuses! Thanks for the motivation
  • Wow ... Great job
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Super Super inspirational !!! You earned it
  • Nice. You are definetly a babe
  • MzHornedOne
    MzHornedOne Posts: 71 Member
    Way to go mama! You did it :)
  • So did you send this pictures to your ex? I am wondering what he said about this...
  • Likichina
    Likichina Posts: 50 Member
    Hahaha this is seriously fantastic! Congratulations :)
  • This is so inspiring!
  • aliciamarieUF
    aliciamarieUF Posts: 226 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Congratulations, I hope to be like you. I am actually in the process of a divorce from my Italian husband of 4 years and had to move back to the country and into my parents house. I'm in the same boat you were and am trying to lose some weight to bring up my self esteem and ease the depression a little bit. Sorry you had to go through it, I know what it feels like. But I'm glad you were able to turn your situation around.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o2_400.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o3_500.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nk10fisMZA1uooe33o1_400.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Congratulations, I hope to be like you. I am actually in the process of a divorce from my Italian husband of 4 years and had to move back to the country and into my parents house. I'm in the same boat you were and am trying to lose some weight to bring up my self esteem and ease the depression a little bit. Sorry you had to go through it, I know what it feels like. But I'm glad you were able to turn your situation around.

@aliciamarieUF Just take it a day at a time and focus on health (mental and physical). It will happen. It won't be fast, but there is no need to rush. You'll get there. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!