Sixers Holiday Challenge-Week 3

Options

Replies

• kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...Robin, Amy, Cass, Allie, Connie, Tan...where are you my ladies?

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 158 / Progress: -1
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.2 / Progress: +.4
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 200.8 / Progress -.6
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 153.2 / Progress: -2.4
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 221 / Progress -3.0
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 168.4/ Progress -5.6
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 148/ Progress -3.
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 210.0 / Progress -1
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 162 / Progress +1.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 179.8 / Progress -3.4

Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 195 / Progress +1.0
    Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have been in such a mood today, I haven't felt like doing anything. I blew off they gym, ate a giant piece of cake for lunch, followed by pizza an hour ago. Good thing I weigh first thing in the morning. Otherwise, I'd probably go for the ice cream in the freezer.... Right now, I'm saving that for dinner, ha ha.

SW: 194
    W2: 195
    W3: 192

Kristin ~ SW 159 / GW 155 / CW 158 / Progress: -1
    Cathy ~ SW 210.8 / GW 199 / CW 211.2 / Progress: +.4
    Deb ~ SW 201.4 / GW 197 / CW 200.8 / Progress -.6
    AmyLou ~ SW 155.6 / GW 150 / CW 153.2 / Progress: -2.4
    Tammara ~ SW 224 / GW 214 / CW 221 / Progress -3.0
    Rhiannon ~ SW 174.0 / GW 167.2 / CW 168.4/ Progress -5.6
    Becky ~ SW151 / GW 141 / CW 148/ Progress -3.
    Shanell ~ SW 211 / GW 201 / CW 210.0 / Progress -1
    Lauryn ~ SW 161 / GW 157 / CW 162 / Progress +1.0
    Katy ~ SW 183.2 / GW 174 / CW 179.8 / Progress -3.4
    Robin ~ SW 194 / GW 185 / CW 192 / Progress -2

Amy ~ SW 194 / GW 182.2 / CW 193 / Progress -1.0
    Cass ~ SW 189.8 / GW 179.8 / CW 185.2 / Progress -4.6
    Allie ~ SW 178.4 / GW 171 / CW 177.6 / Progress -0.8
    Connie ~ SW 266 / GW 255 / CW 265 / Progress -1.0
    Tan ~ SW 295 / GW 275 / CW 297 / Progress +2.0
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well Robin...although you may be having a bad day today, you are doing FAB! Nice drop from last week!!! Keep up the excellent work!!!!:drinker: And don't fret too much about today...we ALL have bad days!:flowerforyou:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    :happy: Hello my fellow sixers. I have been kind of just lurking around here lately. I am having a hard time and not wanting to share that with everyone. I am a week away from turning 35. I really wanted to make alot more progress by my birthday than this. I had started this journey back in March 2008 and it was my goal to have lost the weight and to reward myself for my birthday. Instead I am getting workout clothes for my birthday so that I can find some motivation to get my butt going! So I have 9 months to loose 55/60 pounds. 37 weeks. 1.62 pounds per week. Yikes. :sad:

I am not weighing in today. I will weigh in on friday. I slept maybe 2 hours last night so I am sure my body is storing all the food I have ate.

Great job everyone on the losses. Fantastic!

Amy:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    amy i feel your pain....i have been struggling for the last few weeks too. i eat and gain these 3#s. than lose them, and gain them back. i have been just playing with them. now again they are coming off. well, today DH and i were talking and he said maybe i am affraid to go below 210/200. which i could. i don't think i am but, never know. so now that it is in the front of my mind, i am trying to get past those two weights and see what happens. i haven't been below 200 in over 27 yrs. i too hadn't said anything about it, i too have been just lurking, poking in every once in awhile.
    well, time to get things ready for gym tomorrow, been working on the eliptical lately. wanting to get away from the treadmill for the gym workout. i am up to 20 mins now. i am doing the c25k at home three days a week and the gym 3 days a week.
    later
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Amy, Cathy, I just want to remind you lovelies that this is what we're here for!! This is a challenging journey at the best of times and when things are adding to your stress it's only that much harder.
    We're here for you, even when things are really tough. This isn't a fair-weather group, right gang??
    :heart: :heart:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Pedal, BIG CONGRATS on getting to the "normal" range. What a great feeling that must be. Glad you're feeling better.:flowerforyou:
    Cathy, You WILL make it to under 200. Everyone struggles now and then. It could be your body readjusting to the lower weight and different metabolism. You should focus on all that is positive that you have done.:flowerforyou:
    Robin; Good job on the nice loss.:flowerforyou:
    Amy: I have set goals and not attained them in the past too, but now we have this wonderful group to help us be successful this time.:flowerforyou:

I need to focus on meal planning & drinking my water again. It's so easy to let this go when I'm tired and/or busy.

Good night ladies:yawn:
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You are all such wonderful women! And I am lucky you brought me into this group! You motivate me everyday! I am having a bad day today - but each of you in your own way made me feel better. Thank you! I have my dinner out for tomorrow... thought I would share the recipe! I don't do so good with the food. I am a snacker - I don't like full blown meals.. so this week it is my goal to eat right...

Salsa Chicken
    Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with rice.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 157.2
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
    Sodium: 654.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 6.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
    Protein: 24.3 g
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    That recipe sounds good rlh!!! Do you put the chicken in frozen or thawed? Thanks!!

Ladies I have a question. The last few days I just haven't had much of an appetite (i think it's because of the stress from papers and finals) and I've been having trouble making my 1200 calories. I know I've been trying so hard to add extra cals but I'm just not hungry so its hard to do. Any ideas as to how i can figure this out? Like I said, it's because I'm stressed so in less than a week it will be better.

It's weird, I don't remember the last time I didn't want to eat constantly during finals week. haha. I guess I'm just worried, even though I'm not hungry, that not making the 1200 cals will force my body into survival mode.

Thanks for reading/listening!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    AmyLou,

Try adding higher fat healthy choices along with some high fiber choices. They will have the caloric values. Try a hand full of almonds or add avacado to your salad. Then you can meet 1200 cals without eating when you are not hungry.

I hope finals are going well for you!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I'm glad so many of you are doing wonderful. I did something wonderful tonight. I was catching up on the Biggest Loser and really wanted a peice of cake after dinner. Well, watching this I ended up choosing popcorn instead. I really want to be under 200 by New Years and eating cake is not going to get me there. I also did alot of walking around at work today.

Amy, I was the same as you. My 30 was last week and I wanted to be under 200 for my 30th birthday and I started the same time as you. But, you know what? Life happens. And just think that if you didn't start when you did you wouldn't be where you are today and possibly could be higher. That's the little pep talk I've been giving myself.:flowerforyou:

And Mom, we can cross that 200 line together. Let's get there for New Year's and pull in New Year's being healthier and fabulously smaller. I mean look how far you've come! Your doing wonderful. I love you and I am so proud of what you've accomplished so far.:flowerforyou:

Pedal, I'm glad you are feeling better. Don't worry about eating healthy, just eat a little bit of something to keep you going. Hope you and the kids feel better tomorrow. Congrats on being normal again.:flowerforyou:

AmyLou, I remember the first time when I had alot of calories left and went into a convient store and told myself, just get a candy bar to help with calories. You know what I got? A Diet Dr. Pepper and that was it. I wasn't hungry and didn't want anything to eat and was giving myself permission to eat. Just fill up on healthier fuller foods. You'll get through this time.:flowerforyou:

rlh, you are so right. These chicks are wonderful and so insperational. I mean check out their numbers. They're great!!!:flowerforyou:

Kristen, I'm trying your chicken recipe tomorrow. I'm going to put it in the crock pot all day tomorrow while I'm at work. Hopefully everyone else will like it.:flowerforyou:

Here's what my menu had held for me.

B- Cream of Wheat with brown sugar and spenda
    S- Newtons thin crisp, berries
    L- Banquet fried rice and egg roll
    S- Banana
    D- Sour Cream Chicken Burritos (I'll have to post this one. It is good and hubby raves to his friends)
    S- Popcorn

Later and good night everyone, and remember WE ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    SOUR CREAM CHICKEN BURRITOS

Chicken Filling:
    3 cups cooked, shredded or cubed, boneless skinless chicken breast
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1-1/4-ounce package taco seasoning
    water

Sauce:
    10-3/4-oz. can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
    1 cup nonfat sour cream
    4-ounce can chopped green chilies (I don't use this, so optional)

Enchiladas:
    10 large fat-free tortillas
    1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Topping:
    1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    2 cups shredded lettuce
    1/2 cup chopped tomato
    1/4 cup chopped red onion

1. In a large skillet, combine chicken, onion, and taco seasoning mix. Add water according to package directions, and simmer according to directions on taco seasoning packet.

2. Preheat oven 350. In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients for sauce. Place 1/3 of sauce mixture in bottom of 13" x 9" pan; set aside.

3. Assemble burritos by dividing chicken mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese evenly among tortillas; roll tortillas, and place on sauce in pan.

4. Pour remaining sauce mixture over burritos. Top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. If made ahead and refrigerated, bake an additional 10 minutes.

5. Combine lettuce, tomato and onion. Place on top of burritos.

391 calories per serving: 11 g fat, 38 g protein, 33 g carb, 85 mg cholest., 807 mg sodium

I change different things around and substitute things or subtract things. Hope everyone likes. I do!:happy:
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    I make something similar to that with fat free cream cheese and Verde enchilada sauce! Yummy!
  • rlh0614
    rlh0614 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Morning.. .chicken should be thawed.

MMMM>>> buritos are my fav! Can't wait to try that one!

becky
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Thanks Becky, I can't wait to try that recipe!

And thanks for the advice Amy and Shanell! I had one of my favorite snacks last night before bed, a bowl of almonds and raisins, and I think that did the trick!!

Not in the best of moods today :frown: Not really sure why, I suppose just everything getting to me at once, but the end is in sight!!

On a happier note, some of you may remember during the last challenge I had to go to a wedding and took a dress with me that I absolutely love only to discover it didn't fit. Well, I tried it on the other day, and its still not perfect but it looks sooooo much better!! We have our department holiday party on Friday and they decided to make it a Black and White Cocktail Party so I'm so happy my pretty black dress doesn't look ridiculous on me anymore!! Next step, getting to where those pesky suits fit again!!! :smile:

Have a good day ladies, keep your heads up, you're all doing an amazing job!! :heart:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning ladies! Last night was good...I burned TONS of calories at the gym...got in 20 minutes on the elliptical, 45 minute Step class, and 15 minute Ab workout! I felt GREAT! Then home. Did indulge in some chocolate kisses, but counted them and had the spare calories. Then went grocery shopping. So...no extra snacking. Went to bed with some remaining calories, but it's okay.

Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast
    Old Orchard - Healthy Balance Pomegranate Cranberry, 8 FL OZ 29
    Skippy - Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoon 90
    Laughing Cow - Light Original Swiss, 1 Wedge 35
    One A Day - Womens Multi Vitamin, 1 tablet 0
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105
    Thomas' - Hearty Grains 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins, 1 muffin 120
    Total breakfast 379

AM snacks
    Kashi Tlc - Soft Baked Ripe Strawberry Cereal Bar, 1 bar (35 mg) 110
    Coffee - ground, 2 cup 0
    Nestle Coffee Mate - Coffee Creamer (Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel), 2 tbsp 30
    Total AM snacks140

Lunch
    Diet Coke - Soft Drink, 12 fl. oz. 0
    Carrots - Baby, 14 pieces 35
    Ae Yo-Lite Yogurt - Yogurt, 6 oz 80
    Butterball - Grilled Chicken Strips, 3 oz 90
    Mission - Carb Balance Whole Wheat Fajitas, 1 tortilla 80
    Kraft - Fat Free Singles - Swiss, 1 slice 30
    Total lunch 315

Afternoon snacks
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb) 72
    Kashi - TLC Chewy Granola Bars - Cherry Dark Chocolate, 1 bar 120
    Total afternoon snacks 192

Dinner
    HomeMade - Honey Lime Pork Chops, 1/4 of total 208
    Potatoes - Red, flesh and skin, baked, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia) 154
    Great Value - French Style Green Beans Frozen, 1 cup 30
    Total dinner 392

PM snacks
    Depends on what I burn at the gym!:wink:

Total: 1,418
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200
    Remaining: -218 (This is without exercise of course!)

Exercise plan: 1/2 hour run (or maybe bike...haven't decided yet), 1 hour BodyPump, and then I'm going to see how I feel (didn't get much sleep last night), but I may try and stay for Boot Camp after that...it's an hour also and it just may be too much for my body. We will see...

Well...gotta get to some work. Sorry not much time. Need to catch up on all the posts. I'll BBL!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I've decided that I'm angry about something. I'm not sure what, but I'm taking it out on myself. I've eaten poorly, substituting cake (and I'm talking big slabs here) and ice cream for meals. Or eating when I am not even hungry, and eating when I wake up in the middle of the night. I ate half of a 6 inch round double layer cake yesterday in 3 different sessions.

Today, at the gym, I added extra weight to most of the machines I normally do, and I pushed myself through 3 sets on each (normally I only do 2). I mean, I was shaking when I was done with each one. I even pushed myself through some serious shoulder pain on a couple of the machines. Now that I'm done, I'm hoping I didn't hurt myself with that. But while I was doing it, I realized that I wanted to hurt myself... I don't know what is going on with me, with the anger and directing it at myself, but I'm hoping now that I have figured this much out, I can get past it.
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Amy, Glad you will be able to wear that pretty black dress. Remember to get photos.:happy: I agree about adding in almonds they are so healthy, but kind of high in calories this is a good opportunity to add in nuts for you.

Robin, This is a good chance for you to really think about what & why you might be making the bad choices. This is your opportunity to learn about yourself.

Kristen, Sounds like your doing good, keep it up.

I am just plain busy. I ran some errands today and had lunch out with my daughter. I did not count calories or plan my meals for today. I still have work to do in one more class among many other things. I think things will be busy until after Christmas. I am getting together Friday with my mom & sister for our traditional shopping & dinner. Saturday is a Christmas party with our friends.

I did do something positive; worked out at the community center for an hour. My lower back has been aching, so I took it easy but still got in a pretty good workout.

Hope everyone has a good day:flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi girls. Quickly checking in. Headed to the gym after work ( a couple hours to go). Really am already tired so don't know that I will be staying for Boot Camp, but I will get in a 1/2 hour run and 1 hour BodyPump. So...I'll BBL!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    hey gang, just saying hi. Lurking today but my energy is low and I don't have anything productive to say!

Happy Wednesday everyone :heart: