Ladies help !

Options
2»

Replies

• Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    As Mother Nature sends us a gift every month how do you control the urge to over eat & lots of the wrong food ?? Any tips please

...this is why I'm up 1 lb. :D It was eat or kill everyone around me.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    If it's bad, I will eat at maintenance or above and just suck it up. But if it's normal, I'll just drink more water than normal and I eat a lot of carbs in that space - within calorie limit, but I go way over in carbs every day.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    As Mother Nature sends us a gift every month how do you control the urge to over eat & lots of the wrong food ?? Any tips please

...this is why I'm up 1 lb. :D It was eat or kill everyone around me.

and then eat them!

• pap3rw1ngs
    pap3rw1ngs Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't get any increased cravings or urges to overeat during my TOM, I just avoid the scale right before / during as I know I'm likely to be up.
  • pjs2780
    pjs2780 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i give in to the cravings. i try to build in a 300 calorie buffer to those days and know that i'll have some work do do the rest of the month. and i do still try to work out even though my energy level is the pits and my workouts are halfhearted.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I keep my exercise routine exactly the same, even though some mornings it is the last thing I want to do. However, I have yet to have a time that it didn't make me feel better in the end. Also, if I am having one of those "snacky" days (which for me is usually one 1 or two - right before or right at the beginning of my time) I allow myself a few extra calories and eat really filling foods with lots of protein. As someone above mentioned, I would rather take care of the hunger than let it get the best of me and end up eating everything in sight!
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    During this time I crave chocolate , I would kill for chocolate!!!
    So, I work out extra hard and long and I drink lots and lots of water.

I also gain 10lbs of water weight :(
  • ahealthiercara
    ahealthiercara Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Dealing with this right now. I feel like a bottomless pit the day before I'm due to start. I make sure to keep my water intake up (I can have a harder time drinking it when the bloat starts). I brought an extra snack with me to work (sauteed cabbage & fennel) knowing I'd be ravenous and I've already eaten that and I'm ready for lunch. Sometimes on these days if I eat lots of extra veggies during the day I wind up not as hungry at night, which is a blessing because I've struggled with night time snacking a lot during this time.
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try to fit the cravings in or set your eating to maintenance. Just try whatever works for you. The worst thing for me to do during tom is ignore my cravings! I mostly crave fatty/ and or creamy foods. Yesterday I worked in a nice serving of butter and sour cream on my potato and aussie yogurt for dessert. Mmmm I was satisfied!
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ugh I hear ya! I do find that if I eat well through the month, my PMS symptoms and cramps are less. Motivation for the month:) If really craving- dark chocolate, and I've acquired a taste for seaweed snacks for the salty crunchy craving. For cramps- yoga and walking. And COLD chamomile tea- sounds weird but Chamomile tea, when cold, is an antispasmodic (anti-cramping) and works better than most other remedies I've tried.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow glad it's not just me that feels like a bottomless pit ! I try drinking more & eat little & often but it's depressing as you always feel heavier at TOM
    Thank you for all the useful advice :)
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options

On my heavy days I allow myself an extra 100-200 calories, and I up the amount of tea and water I drink
  • ciacyrus29
    ciacyrus29 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person who doesn't go for chocolate. The best thing you can do is allow for the cravings, in a few days they should be gone. Write down everything and be honest. Get in some extra exercise when you can.
    I know I tend to crave salty foods but I also don't buy them, especially at that time. I tell my husband if he wants sweets or salty foods to buy individual portions. This way I know I won't eat it. I'm also too lazy to go out and get that stuff once I'm at home.
    It's not easy saying well exercise more or don't eat this or that. But in life there will be times when you get cravings for certain foods - moderation is the key and just allow yourself to be human.
  • saramatthews919
    Options
    :)
  • saramatthews919
    Options
    Well that was easier than I thought no weight gain & no chocolate :#
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    godiva ( small individual pieces) and two glasses of wine during those time, with soup ( so dont' bust calories)