Carbs

Options
what's the best foods to eat for a low carb diet.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Meats
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Foods that don't contain carbs I would assume. It would depend on what "low carb" means to you though.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Foods low in carbs
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Low carbs? Never heard of that. :p
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The paleo people have entire meal plans centered around low carbs. Up your protein and fat intake. It looks like they allow carbs in vegetables like sweet potatoes and salads. I assume the big things you will give up is cereals, breads, and pastas.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Foods low in carbs
    BULLY!!!

here, OP. don't listen to that smartass.
    http://bit.ly/1vL62lP
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    Foods low in carbs
    BULLY!!!

What is that? Magic?!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Foods low in carbs
    BULLY!!!

Excuse me sir... I believe he asked for low carb foods not low carb meals. Please be helpful moving forward.

- Kyle
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=low+carb+foods
    Foods low in carbs
    BULLY!!!

Sniped!
  • DJMark14
    Options
    Sorry I ment someone told me to go on a low carb diet and wanted to know what kinda foods to eat and thank you Kyle for sticking up for me lol being a newbie to all this sorry if my itelgience is not that good about dieting this is a first for me
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Meat and low carb fresh or frozen veggies: swiss chard, kale, spinach, romaine, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, okra, cauliflower, bell peppers, snow peas, eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, brussels sprouts, cucumbers, green beans.
    Also butter and such.
  • mejo185
    Options
    We have been eating a lot more ground turkey and chicken breast and vegetables. We also swapped out any potato recipes for cauliflower. It is very versitile. It's much cheaper and easier to buy cauliflower frozen if you can find it. Also chicken breast is cheaper and easier to use if you buy in bulk from Sam's Club. If we do eat carbs it's from whole grains or high in fiber like whole wheat breads and oatmeal.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    The paleo people have entire meal plans centered around low carbs. Up your protein and fat intake. It looks like they allow carbs in vegetables like sweet potatoes and salads. I assume the big things you will give up is cereals, breads, and pastas.

I think for most people, they define "low carb" as less than 100g carbs a day and people doing keto restrict even further.

100g of raw sweet potato is 86 cals and 20g carbs. I wouldn't consider that particularly low carb.
    100g of raw broccoli is 34 cals and 7g carbs.
    I believe (too lazy to look int the database) that green beans, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, leafy greens, etc would be classified as "low carb" whereas peas, corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, etc are not.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    DJMark14 wrote: »
    Sorry I ment someone told me to go on a low carb diet and wanted to know what kinda foods to eat and thank you Kyle for sticking up for me lol being a newbie to all this sorry if my itelgience is not that good about dieting this is a first for me

you don't have to go on a low carb diet to lose weight.
    it isn't necessary.
    obviously you can if you want to but carbs aren't the devil.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hah! Which is why I have no interest in following the low-carb trend.
  • DJMark14
    Options
    Ok best to eat vegetables and things like fish and meat thanks for all the comments to you all
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    you don't have to go on a low carb diet to lose weight.
    it isn't necessary.
    obviously you can if you want to but carbs aren't the devil.

I eat 250-300g a day and I lose weight.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

To be clear, it was all in good fun. I don't think anyone was being intentionally rude.

I asked what your low carb goals were because some people do Keto which would get different recommendations than someone who is trying to reach 100 carbs or something.

• DJMark14
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

To be clear, it was all in good fun. I don't think anyone was being intentionally rude.

I asked what your low carb goals were because some people do Keto which would get different recommendations than someone who is trying to reach 100 carbs or something.
    No problem Hornsby no harm intended and great to have a laugh thanks for replying have a good evening
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Ok best to eat vegetables and things like fish and meat thanks for all the comments to you all

Don't forget your fat sources in there, too. But again, a lot of how you eat will depend on your personal needs and preferences. Pick a starting point for sure, but don't be afraid to adjust things to suit you.