What's for lunch today?!

Replies

• I usually have a Greek yogurt smoothie. I add a cup of whatever frozen fruits I like and cinnamon only bc I love cinnamon. It definitely fills you up. Lately I have an herbalife shake. If I feel like real food I'll take a can of chicken breast, add lemon pepper seasoning and juice from a real lemon. I'll eat it out of a bowl or make lettuce wraps adding matchstick carrots or cucumbers. It sounds small but very filling. I always have raw almonds on hand if I start getting hungry before dinner.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Today is one of the days I ordered out - Noodles & Co small alfredo mont...something. I ate half and I'm saving the rest as it also came with a cup of chicken noodle soup - which is what I REALLY wanted. It's cold!

When I bring my lunch it's usually a turkey sandwich: good bread (lately it's been these small take & bake ciabatta rolls), turkey, a little mayo, tomato and sometimes avocado. I would like to add bacon too but I haven't gotten around to it.
    Sides: Fruit, string cheese, yogurt & fruit or chips.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Shredded chicken with avocado and a tsp of homemade mayo with jerk seasoning.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Leftover pork chop and steamed brussel spouts and carrots. Side of fresh blueberries.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Tuna salad (tuna, Greek yogurt, chopped apple, red onion, capers, bell pepper, paprika powder) and a hard boiled egg over mixed salad leafs.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    I have mushroom, garlic & almond soup with a couple of chunks off a loaf of brown bread. Cannot wait. Is it lunchtime yet?
  • zipitzippy
    zipitzippy Posts: 86 Member
    Chunky soup with chicken, under 300 cal's for a large pot. No bread needed.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Good thread - god, I don't know. I have to be somewhere by 1PM, which means leaving by noon, which makes lunch at 11:30, the latest. Then I don't know what to do for dinner because I'll be at an event from 1 to 9:30 with a 45 minute break and I know there's not much close by.

I'm thinking about cooking a chicken breast and packing some raw veggies with it. And I'm bringing a couple of mini Kind bars for snacks.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Minted pea soup.
  • evilscotsman83
    evilscotsman83 Posts: 17 Member
    i usually have left overs from night before, always try to make slightly more with lunch the next day in mind, usually home made curry with lots of chicken and veggies and NEVER use a jar of paste, make my own from spices so all healthy. but today alas I have a LAME brown roll filled with cheese, ham and tomato. (was in a rush this morning to prepare and didn't make dinner last night :neutral_face: )
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    home made chicken and bean soup today with an apple
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    I'm deciding between a cauliflower and garbanzo curry with rice or lentil and split pea soup. I need to use up the stuff I made last weekend
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    I went for a high protein/low carb lunch but sort of screwed it up. I had biltong (sort oflike beef jerky), cheddar cheese and cashew nuts. No idea what I was thinking with the cheese and nuts.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm super busy today - probably gonna end up with a protein bar. :\
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I'm deciding between a cauliflower and garbanzo curry with rice or lentil and split pea soup. I need to use up the stuff I made last weekend

I'm making a curry for dinner tonight! Yum! <3
  • Today I had a turkey/egg/hummus "burrito" in a flour tortilla with tons of lettuce, tomato, spinach, and green bell pepper strips. It was absolutely delicious and very high in protein! :) My diary is public, so you're welcome to check out my standard lunches!

Thanks, will do!!
  • goblue8426
    goblue8426 Posts: 41 Member
    I eat a lot of non-lettuce salads for lunch, particularly quinoa-based. I'll make a large batch of quinoa on Sundays to prep for the week. My fav is quinoa, cucumbers, an ounce of feta, red onion, and either pine nuts. I've also been digging beets with goat cheese and pistachios lately.

Today I tried a warm lentil salad with butternut squash, onion, goat cheese, and pistachios in a mustard vinaigrette. Delicious! All the above are super easy to prep for the work week by making big batches of the grain (or non-grain) on Sundays.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2015
    I was out shopping today and got my lunch at whole foods. I found cooked peppered mackerel chunks (it was by smoked salmon) that you buy as little or as much as you want and it was soooooooo good I ate it all lol. I am considering the 45 minute drive to go back and get even more tomorrow it was so good. I also got a smallish salad with very few ingredients but put even more baked Cajun fish on it. I ate a lot of fish today. A. Lot.

Numbers were still good though :wink: especially protein
  • Cclye
    Cclye Posts: 32 Member
    I m plan to eat instant oatmel wt spam ...feeling bad cos i eat less fiber
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2015
    I need an easily portable and nonperishable lunch because of where I work (and I'm also really lazy and don't want to spend more than a few minutes prepping food tbh). So here's what I have for lunch during the week:

*a serving of whole grain crackers
    *a serving of salted peanuts, salted almonds, or peanut butter
    *two reduced-fat cheese sticks -- either mozzarella, Colby Jack, or cheddar
    *a GoGoSqueez applesauce -- either the apple/pear/carrot or apple/peach/sweet potato flavor
    *a small junk food item, like a couple of cookies or a miniature brownie
    *to drink, water with unsweetened powdered green tea (I get them from the Stash Tea website)

I guess eating a similar lunch most of the time would probably be boring to most people, but I am fine with it. Especially because I'm usually pretty hungry by lunchtime.

For an afternoon snack I generally have cereal, and then some water with True Lemon or True Lime to drink. I've been having the Kashi shredded wheat cereal but today at the store I found this sorghum/flax cereal by a brand called Enjoy Life. It's low in sugar and has a good amount of protein, and it tastes good too (to me at least). Ezekiel 4:9 cereal is similar but way more expensive. I also have an emergency granola bar in case I don't have time for cereal. I buy the Kashi granola bars which only have 6g of sugar per serving, but a Lunabar would be good if you're looking for protein, although they can get expensive.

On Fridays I go out for lunch. I usually get a tuna melt panini, a side salad with Italian dressing, and something sweet. On the weekends pretty much anything goes as far as lunch is concerned.

One tip is also that if you feel you are not getting enough protein at lunch, try having more protein at breakfast. I have a chicken breast every morning (I buy the frozen precooked ones since I don't have a stove, and just microwave them in the morning). That plus Greek yogurt gives me a ton of protein to start the day with.