The most ridiculous diet tips you've ever heard?

Options

Replies

• DMB147
    DMB147 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    diet pill anything
  • DMB147
    DMB147 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    and someone actually said minithins and not eating WTF stupid people
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Eating cotton balls dipped in orange juice.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Every time someone says they can't lose weight, someone else will claim that they've put their body into starvation mode. Literally, every time. As though no-one ever died from starvation because that starvation mode just kept the fat packed right on!
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can't lose weight after 40 no matter how hard you try. Wake up, I'm 47 and I've lost 16 pounds in the last three months using CICO and exercising 5 or 6 times a week. Mind blown yet?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Every time someone says they can't lose weight, someone else will claim that they've put their body into starvation mode. Literally, every time. As though no-one ever died from starvation because that starvation mode just kept the fat packed right on!

Or that they are gaining muscle. I seen one person say that the standing the OP was doing at work was causing her to gain muscle in her legs and that's why she's not losing.
  • wnlbutterfly
    wnlbutterfly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    Yeah, I second the nomination for anything that says "results not typical" LOLZ

I think even Weight Watchers uses that disclaimer...I believe it is required.

I have also seen the disclaimer "results atypical " which means the same but many people don't realize it... possibly seeing "typical " instead

• miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can't lose weight after 40 no matter how hard you try. Wake up, I'm 47 and I've lost 16 pounds in the last three months using CICO and exercising 5 or 6 times a week. Mind blown yet?

:p:p:p
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »

Shut up. This isn't actually a thing, right? You made that up. Please tell me you made that up. Please.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    She's not making it up. I've known people to eat toilet paper. (gags)

Don't forget: ANYTHING sold as a weight loss aid by a multilevel marketing company. Automatically crap.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything out there that cuts out a food group. I (PERSONALLY) feel that some foods are better off not being consumed (too high in a specific macro, calories, sodium; energy stealers; etc.), but cutting out a whole food group is just wrong.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Not diet but exercise....Vibration plates. 10min = 1/2hr exercise. Hmmm

a few years ago my mom and I went to a "Fitness spa" type place, we got a coupon for a few different "treatments". One was 20 minutes on those vibration trainer things. You just stand on it and it vibrates and is supposed to be as good as a workout. I felt so stupid standing on that thing, and parts of me that I didn't even know could move were moving.

And they had them set up so your back was to the hallway, so anyone walking by could see you in all your jiggly glory.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »

Shut up. This isn't actually a thing, right? You made that up. Please tell me you made that up. Please.

that's an old model trick but I knew girls in hs who did that. Fruit juice or flavored Jell-O. also they ate Kleenex. fills you up, 0 calories. sick and sad.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    as8nbdvtnvcb.jpg
    Toning tables:
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    a few years ago my mom and I went to a "Fitness spa" type place, we got a coupon for a few different "treatments". One was 20 minutes on those vibration trainer things. You just stand on it and it vibrates and is supposed to be as good as a workout. I felt so stupid standing on that thing, and parts of me that I didn't even know could move were moving.

And they had them set up so your back was to the hallway, so anyone walking by could see you in all your jiggly glory.

I read this and immediately thought of the hamster/gerbil/guinea pig thing from Doctor Dolittle w/Eddie Murphy lol.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Dr. Bernstein. I think it's just a Canadian thing. Medically supervised diet centres where you go on a VLCD (I think it's 500-800 cals), no exercise, very strict list of foods you're allowed to eat. You have to get shots in the butt for the vitamin deficiencies and your hair falls out. It costs $700 a month but hey, you lose weight!
    I've know two people personally who have done it and gained EVERY POUND and then some back.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    a few years ago my mom and I went to a "Fitness spa" type place, we got a ocoupon for a few different "treatments". One was 20 minutes on those vibration trainer things. You just stand on it and it vibrates and is supposed to be as good as a workout. I felt so stupid standing on that thing, and parts of me that I didn't even know could move were moving.

I read this and immediately thought of the hamster/gerbil/guinea pig thing from Doctor Dolittle w/Eddie Murphy lol.

a hamster wheel on a vibration plate...that would be beneficial.

Blood type diet...
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Not really a diet tip, but it's just as ridiculous: Any packaged food with the word "Light/Lite" on the label. One of the great lies of the food industry.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    if you are giving birth, eat a pound of butter it will make the baby slide out easier (no really, my mother in law)