The most ridiculous diet tips you've ever heard?

Options

Replies

• SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This thread is soooo hilarious! :p

I had a friend who swore that adding chia seeds to her yogurt (and other foods) would fill her up and cut back on hunger to help her lose weight. So, when it wasn't happening fast enough for her she upped the amount of chia seeds. Well, she ate so many that she couldn't leave her house because those chia seeds were keeping her in the bathroom! I died laughing at her. SMH

I know someone now that adds this "stuff" in a little sleeve like crystal light to their foods & drinks. This "stuff", I can't remember what it's called, will swell up in your food, stomach. This "someone" gave me one to try. I added it to my water - not knowing it would swell up in the water to a thick gritty gel-like consistency if I let it sit too long before I drank it. I tried to drink it, but it was like drinking some type of thick gritty plastic. I poured it down the drain. Yuuuucccccsssssss :s:#

Yeah, I second the nomination for anything that says "results not typical" LOLZ
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    "If you really want to know what you are burning through strength training, get a HRM."
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    The shot of ACV (apple cider vinegar) everyday. I think it's another "detox", I'm not really sure what it is supposed to do but some people swear by it.

When I was doing WW they spent an entire month talking about using nice table settings as a weight loss aid. Nice plates, place mats, cloth napkins, the whole nine yards. Apparently it would help a person appreciate their meal more and eat less. I was just waiting for them to announce that they had a line of dinnerware available for purchase. The cheesiness of it just gave me one more reason to cancel my membership.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    My wife has bought countless diet pills over the years.

An indian friend said that when one person loses weight it goes on another person.

What about those belt machines from the 50s that shook the fat off.

I did Isagenix cleanse program that worked for a bit then I hated the starvation days and quickly went back to stuffing my face and added all the weight back.

Hold up! I NEED more details!

Do we get to pick the person our weight transfers to? This could be fun!

jk, I'm not that mean that I would wish weight gain on anyone. But its fun to imagine!

I think it is random and you don't get to pick who the weight goes to. I say this because she brought it up in a group conversation in which a guy she didn't know mentioned he lost weight and she said it must have been transferred to her.

• TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    sit ups give you a six pack
  • winterWind341
    winterWind341 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Low fat/ carb is the way to go (yeah right). Also the banana girl raw till 4 diet. I swear that girl is a lunatic.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    *ANYTHING* with the word 'cleanse' in it!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot: the former friend that would recommend 5lb weights for "toning" (I hate that word) and building muscle.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

But I used lemons and maple syrup!
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    I almost forgot: the former friend that would recommend 5lb weights for "toning" (I hate that word) and building muscle.

Totally hate the mindset that women need to lift only light weights to get in shape.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    rayrayfitz wrote: »
    Pasta being 'free' on Weight Watchers. My friend was on it and literally filled up every meal with a huge plate of pasta and free veggies, only pointed her sauces etc... You can guess the rest.

Pasta is free... 0 points????

Eta: got to the rest of the replies. I remember that plan now...it would never have worked for me because that's how I got in this situation to begin with. Lol

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    Not real crazy but...

I once heard that you should put your fork/spoon down between every bite. It will supposedly take you a longer time to eat and you will feel full before your are finished with what's on your plate.

It reminds me of an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies in which Jethro talked about snacking between bites.

Well, while putting your fork and spoon down is a bit extreme, eating more slowly so that you can recognize when you're full is a valid point. I've done that as I've decreased my intake, and it works. I used to gulp my food. I've learned to savor it, thoroughly chew it, and take small bites. I feel more satisfied with less doing that.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

No wonder it didn't work. You forgot the cayenne.

• wizzybeth
    Options
    An indian friend said that when one person loses weight it goes on another

I am sooooo going to shed and throw "out there" all the lbs random strangers have apparently passed my way over the years... Innocent bystanders beware >:)

There are definitely some.folks I'd like to bless with my lost poundage! Tee hee

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

And the apple cider vinegar and coconut oil
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Hang on, guys. I'm writing this all down. This will definitely help me loose weight, right?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Hang on, guys. I'm writing this all down. This will definitely help me loose weight, right?

I see what you did there...
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    Yeah, I second the nomination for anything that says "results not typical" LOLZ

I think even Weight Watchers uses that disclaimer...I believe it is required.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Only if you juice it with a bunch of Kale. It's the best advise I have.
  • AzWifenMom
    AzWifenMom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The reverse eating. When eat dinner in the morning and breakfast for dinner. I couldn't imagine eating fish and a salad first thing in the morning.