The most ridiculous diet tips you've ever heard?

Options

Replies

• Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me a couple weeks ago something like I needed to eat celery to replace my electrolytes because celery had hydrochloric acid and iodine or something really f'd up like that. I just nodded.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is my favourite topic yet! Amazing how many ridiculous ideas there are out there... I thought banana or cabbage soup only were bad!! :-))
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Eating cotton balls dipped in orange juice.

I have a severe aversion to the feel of cotton balls and this just made audibly gag. :s

o01zothl09e2.gif

• erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is convinced that if you cut out sugar then you will lose weight and maintain it. Of course it worked for him so it must work for all of us... :|
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    erinm5 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is convinced that if you cut out sugar then you will lose weight and maintain it. Of course it worked for him so it must work for all of us... :|

So no fruit? EVER?
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    *ANYTHING* with the word 'cleanse' in it!

But I used lemons and maple syrup!

No wonder it didn't work. You forgot the cayenne.

And the apple cider vinegar and coconut oil

Hang on, guys. I'm writing this all down. This will definitely help me loose weight, right?

Only if you juice it with a bunch of Kale. It's the best advise I have.

I see what you did their...
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    At work, we have a lot of really thin Asian ladies. They claim by drinking hot water with their meals, that it melts the fat in their bodies to help stay thin.

Someone told me this, but threw in that adding lemon juice does even more and you can pretty much pee the fat out.

I thought about it and it is interesting that every single person I know who drinks warm water instead of cold is thin... but maybe they where thin in the first place lol

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Pupslice wrote: »

Shut up. This isn't actually a thing, right? You made that up. Please tell me you made that up. Please.

that's an old model trick but I knew girls in hs who did that. Fruit juice or flavored Jell-O. also they ate Kleenex. fills you up, 0 calories. sick and sad.

Are we sure kleenex doesn't have calories? I mean, I can't imagine it occurred to them to analyze the nutritional information, but softened processed wood pulp can't be 100% calorie free.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

Shut up. This isn't actually a thing, right? You made that up. Please tell me you made that up. Please.

that's an old model trick but I knew girls in hs who did that. Fruit juice or flavored Jell-O. also they ate Kleenex. fills you up, 0 calories. sick and sad.

Are we sure kleenex doesn't have calories? I mean, I can't imagine it occurred to them to analyze the nutritional information, but softened processed wood pulp can't be 100% calorie free.

Now I'm thinking about that reality show that follows people who eat weird stuff like couch cushion foam and toilet paper. I wonder how many calories are in a whole couch.
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Almond rumors!

1. "Peanut butter makes you fat but almond butter doesn't" - A Weight Watchers member's interpretation of an unknown message from Dr. Oz

2. "Eating almonds and drinking water helps you lose weight" - Fox 42 news a few nights ago.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I saw an ad for hypnotic gastric bypass the other day...
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    fevrale wrote: »
    Almond rumors!

1. "Peanut butter makes you fat but almond butter doesn't" - A Weight Watchers member's interpretation of an unknown message from Dr. Oz

2. "Eating almonds and drinking water helps you lose weight" - Fox 42 news a few nights ago.

"If you do goblet squats while holding a Blue Diamond can, you will achieve the perfect onion booty" - A talking squirrel in a dream I had
  • salemxo
    salemxo Posts: 96
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I heard another today...apparently diet sodas make you gain weight because they block the fat leaving your body, and slow your metabolism. So you should stick to regular sodas. Hmm, nope don't think so pal.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    I saw an ad for hypnotic gastric bypass the other day...

Best money making scheme ever

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

"Plants live on light, then we eat plants," she wrote on Facebook May 3. "Are we simply not accessing our inherent ability to live on light? ... After hearing of the possibility that this might be true, I received a 'calling' from within, from the Universe, to find out if it is so.

But she also makes note on Facebook of unpleasant-sounding side effects such as weakness, throwing up bile, dizziness, and frozen hands."

Of course, humans are well known for their ability to photosynthesize carbs. LOL. I love watching natural selection in action.

You love hearing people die because of woo-woo bunk BS? I may ridicule and critizise dumb choices, but you would never catch me saying I LOVE seeing the results of someone starving themselves to death...
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Not really a diet tip, but it's just as ridiculous: Any packaged food with the word "Light/Lite" on the label. One of the great lies of the food industry.

I just got told at the grocery shop that light olive oil was less fat. Hehe

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    _SKIM_ wrote: »
    Not really a diet tip, but it's just as ridiculous: Any packaged food with the word "Light/Lite" on the label. One of the great lies of the food industry.

I just got told at the grocery shop that light olive oil was less fat. Hehe

I have some dear friends that *only* buy products with "Lite" on the label. They're both considerably overweight. Funny how that works.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Now I'm thinking about that reality show that follows people who eat weird stuff like couch cushion foam and toilet paper. I wonder how many calories are in a whole couch.

There's one who eats diapers. I don't even want to know.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

There's one who eats diapers. I don't even want to know.

And there's a disease (it even has a name) where people eat *themselves*. <shudder>
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    rayrayfitz wrote: »
    Pasta being 'free' on Weight Watchers. My friend was on it and literally filled up every meal with a huge plate of pasta and free veggies, only pointed her sauces etc... You can guess the rest.

My mother saying 'you can have as much of x, y, and z as you like, they are free on slimming world' despite the fact that a) I am not on slimming world, and b) all of x y and z are food and therefore have calories in. No wonder I have had more success on MFP in 2 years than she has on Slimming world in 15!