The most ridiculous diet tips you've ever heard?

Options

Replies

• abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Anything that comes out of the mouth of Dr. Oz....

pretty much covers it
  • Sjmsr
    Sjmsr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I told my wife that sex burns 3 times as many calories as running for the same duration.

She doesn't believe me. :(
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sjmsr wrote: »
    I told my wife that sex burns 3 times as many calories as running for the same duration.

Strap on a HRM and show her ;)
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sjmsr wrote: »

Good try tho!
  • Josyurtos23
    Josyurtos23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    the HCG injections. Someone in my family told me about this and i stood there thinking I would never do something like this; I don't care how fat i was.
  • abuck_13
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    *ANYTHING* with the word 'cleanse' in it!

But I used lemons and maple syrup!

that's the problem, you forgot the cayenne!
  • abuck_13
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    *ANYTHING* with the word 'cleanse' in it!

But I used lemons and maple syrup!

No wonder it didn't work. You forgot the cayenne.

of course I see this AFTER I post mine...my bad :(
  • thequietgreyowl
    Options
    Cico

no, you're right. thermodynamics is a lie from da debil.

LOL! My thoughts on thermodynamics are the same as the great philosopher Homer J. Simpson: "In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" :)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    My trainer told me a couple weeks ago something like I needed to eat celery to replace my electrolytes because celery had hydrochloric acid and iodine or something really f'd up like that. I just nodded.

He probably meant sodium chloride (NaCl = table salt).
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Someone I know insisted that the only way to lose weight was to eat no carbs. Not even low carb. None at all. I'll be fat forever then, give me that bread.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Frozen banana s as an ice cream replacement. :p
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    ^ It's no ice cream, but if you mix Nutella with some bananas and freeze it into popsicles, it's pretty dang delicious.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When one food is bastardized. Sugar made me gain weight! No, Fat made me gain weight! No, Red Meat made me gain weight! If I just stop eating this one category of food I'll lose all the weight I want.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My coworkers did a diet where they drank salt water in the am and then for the rest of the day they could only drink water with lemon and some type of spice and organic syrup in it This was supposed to last 10 days but the salt water was giving them extreme diarrhea add that with not eating they become weak and pail by day 3 and they all gave up on it
  • Josyurtos23
    Options
    SandyCoils wrote: »
    This thread is soooo hilarious! :p

I had a friend who swore that adding chia seeds to her yogurt (and other foods) would fill her up and cut back on hunger to help her lose weight. So, when it wasn't happening fast enough for her she upped the amount of chia seeds. Well, she ate so many that she couldn't leave her house because those chia seeds were keeping her in the bathroom! I died laughing at her. SMH

I know someone now that adds this "stuff" in a little sleeve like crystal light to their foods & drinks. This "stuff", I can't remember what it's called, will swell up in your food, stomach. This "someone" gave me one to try. I added it to my water - not knowing it would swell up in the water to a thick gritty gel-like consistency if I let it sit too long before I drank it. I tried to drink it, but it was like drinking some type of thick gritty plastic. I poured it down the drain. Yuuuucccccsssssss :s:#

Yeah, I second the nomination for anything that says "results not typical" LOLZ

That's funny!! ^^
  • Josyurtos23
    Options
    people who automatically assume that they can eat what ever they want after weight loss surgery with out watching what they eat or drink. every person i know has gained at least half if not all of it back.
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    loratliff wrote: »
    Someone in a comment thread on Facebook who said they would lose weight from eating 5,000 calories of vegetables per day, but that they would gain from 2,000 calories of McDonald's... And then did not seem to grasp that a calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

o.o 5,000 calories of veggies can be a lot. That's 47 - 66 POUNDS of spinach depending on how its prepared (or raw).

• JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    My coworkers did a diet where they drank salt water in the am and then for the rest of the day they could only drink water with lemon and some type of spice and organic syrup in it This was supposed to last 10 days but the salt water was giving them extreme diarrhea add that with not eating they become weak and pail by day 3 and they all gave up on it

I'd be hospitalized within a week
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The Five Bite Diet. Skip breakfast, eat five bites for lunch and dinner, dead by the end of the week. Success!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Heard on the radio this morning - human breastmilk for the fast track to lifting gains.