No Weight loss doing insanity

Options
im doing my recovery week and had lost a bit of weight and about 1.5cm off my waist. Now I've gone up a cm more than when I started. Why is this. Feeling really demoralised. I'm eating 1500 calories a day. Any advice appreciated.

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump....When I did the first round of Insanity I found I definitely lost inches (and I could tell in my before & after photo's). I've heard that the 2nd month is better for weight loss although I didn't do the 2nd month. I'm 2 weeks into Month 1 right now and plan on finishing both months.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Your weight and measurements can ebb and flow over time (especially for women). You’re going to lose fat based on both how much you eat and what you eat. Are you following the eating plan for the program?
  • ChillyUK
    Options
    I start month 2 on Monday so let's hope I see results. Seem to be going backwards not forwards. Keep going.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I put on 2lb while doing insanity, but I lost inches. Wait till the end to do your measurements again
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    That's Insane!!

Probably just water bloat
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Measurements are going to tell the story a lot better than the scale. Stick with the diet plan and the workouts and the results will happen. I wen through the program three times and my first round was the hardest and showed the least amount of weight loss by the scale, but the largest number of inches lost.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm half way done my recovery week, and havent really lost anything. I did my measurements and the start of week 4 and was down 4 inches, but then gained 1.5 inches back.. I'm going to keep going and see what kind of results I can get. But I'm getting stronger, and getting better balance.

It does get discouraging when the scale and measurements dont change, or even go up. But keep going with it!

Good luck!
  • mahoganybrowne
    mahoganybrowne Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well... my advice to you is... TURN THE TV OFF, open the DVD Player, take out the Insanity DVD and THROW IT OUT OF THE WINDOW!!! Why? Because DVDs NEVER work, IN MY OPINION.
    The fact that you even have the option to workout at home and pause a DVD is a clear set up for failure right there.
    Don't get me wrong, the workouts IN this and p90x are awesome... however, they are ONLY for demonstration purposes to give people an IDEA of what exercises to do (noone really catches on to this, therefore they waist their money and their time, get bored and lose interest when they don't see the results "AS SEEN ON TV"), but if you think following along with this everyday is going to help, I don't think so...

If you're looking to EFFECTIVELY lose weight... RUN OUTSIDE! ITS THE BEST WAY FOR CARDO! You will lose more faster and fell much better while breathing FRESH AIR instead of THE DUST IN YOUR HOUSE ANYWAY.

AND LIFT WEIGHTS! Lifting weights helps you burn faster as well... Again, do the exercises in the video for STRENGHTENING PURPOSES, but only use this DVD as a guide to exercises you want to do to work on CERTAIN AREAS... not to lose weight honey...

Hope this helps!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're counting your calories right? If you went up in size then the most likely answer is that you're eating more than you think.

I...have no idea what to say about half-caps shouting DVD hater...*boggle*
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ^
    Have to disagree, it definitely works if you commit to it

pd60aqnd70i4.jpg

That was the first time I ever did Insanity...I ate right, measured my food with a scale (still had fun with friends, ate out, had beers) did the work outs every day and I saw results the whole time I was doing the program.

12/24/2012-205lbs
    1/2/2013-198
    1/7/2013-197
    1/9/2013-194.4
    1/15/2013-192.5
    1/22/2013-192
    1/28/2013-190.5
    2/1/2013 -189.2
    2/12/2013-187.4
    2/13/2013-186.3
    2/27/2013-185.4
    3/6/2013 -184
    3/22/2013-183lbs

I am one week into doing the program again as we speak...trying to get ready for a 1/2 marathon in may...

No I am not a coach, just someone who found success with this program...I am in better shape in my late 20's going on 30 than I ever was my entire life. You have to prioritize and commit, simple as that
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Well... my advice to you is... TURN THE TV OFF, open the DVD Player, take out the Insanity DVD and THROW IT OUT OF THE WINDOW!!! Why? Because DVDs NEVER work, IN MY OPINION.
    The fact that you even have the option to workout at home and pause a DVD is a clear set up for failure right there.
    Don't get me wrong, the workouts IN this and p90x are awesome... however, they are ONLY for demonstration purposes to give people an IDEA of what exercises to do (noone really catches on to this, therefore they waist their money and their time, get bored and lose interest when they don't see the results "AS SEEN ON TV"), but if you think following along with this everyday is going to help, I don't think so...

If you're looking to EFFECTIVELY lose weight... RUN OUTSIDE! ITS THE BEST WAY FOR CARDO! You will lose more faster and fell much better while breathing FRESH AIR instead of THE DUST IN YOUR HOUSE ANYWAY.

AND LIFT WEIGHTS! Lifting weights helps you burn faster as well... Again, do the exercises in the video for STRENGHTENING PURPOSES, but only use this DVD as a guide to exercises you want to do to work on CERTAIN AREAS... not to lose weight honey...

Hope this helps!

:huh: :noway:
  • mahoganybrowne
    Options

Hope this helps!

Maybe if people put the DVD in once and then just forget about it, or constantly half-*kitten* it, but if you stick to it and eat right it will work. I've lost weight and toned mostly by following exercise DVDs/Youtube videos.

A lot of people can't afford gym memberships or to actually buy a good set of weights so at-home DVDs are a good option for them.

And in terms of running outside - for me personally, I have asthma and shin splints so going for a run is incredibly hard on my body. A lot of people can't handle going for a run when they're starting their weight-loss journeys and exercise DVDs can be a good, low-impact starting place.

@MeganMoroz89‌, that's not an excuse... if you can pay the AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT INSANITY OR P90X OR ANY OTHER EXPENSIVE DVD PACKAGE COSTS... SURELY you can go to WALMART and invest in $5 dumbbells, $24 running shoes, $34-$40 home workout equipment and workout in your OWN BACK/FRONT YARD AND HIT YOUR NEAREST PARK/TRACK TO RUN... I know, because I've lost 64lbs in 4 months WITHOUT A GYM MEMBERSHIP OF ANYKIND.
    Your body will get tired of doing the same daily exercises and you will eventually end up feeling like our friend @ChillyUK‌ here...
    And FYI... THE DVDS ARE MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE THAN SOME CHEAP WEIGHTS AT WALMART AND GOOD RUNNING SHOES FROM WALMART OR MODELS.

MY FIRST PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES WERE ONLY $24 AND MY NEW ONES I'M WEARING NOW WERE ONLY $45... So... there you have it... working out is much more easier, simpler and less expensive than people think it is.

I hope this helps...
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    The all-caps makes us believe your opinion more...
  • sofaking6
    Options
    Are you saying that PEOPLE should not breathe WHILE not working OUT?
  • mahoganybrowne
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Is that what you read?
  • mahoganybrowne
    Options
    Don't worry... I'll wait...
  • sofaking6
    Options
    You said that people should breathe while working out...so it follows that you don't think breathing is important while not working out. It's basic logic for sane people though so no worries if you're confused.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

Is that what you read?

I'm not sure what I'm reading here, but I'm feeling threatened...

tumblr_inline_mhazftqNAi1qz4rgp.gif
  • mahoganybrowne
    Options
    Anyway... @ChillyUK‌ , I ALSO SUGGEST that you do not change your diet UNLESS you have a certain type of health problem that suggests you do this... eat as much as you NEED TO EAT just make sure you are getting your cardio in. Do not torture yourself with silly diets and eating like a rabit... your tastebuds will also get tired.
  • mahoganybrowne
    Options
    You said that people should breathe while working out...so it follows that you don't think breathing is important while not working out. It's basic logic for sane people though so no worries if you're confused.

Oh... you made a corny joke... ok... lol.