Screw Motivation

Options
I just realized that I no longer require motivation to workout!!! I have FINALLY established the habit of exercising!!! I can't even begin to describe what it feels like to realize that exercising is now just something I do. My heart doesn't need motivation to beat, it just does it. My lungs don't need a pep talk to breathe, they just do it. All the months of forcing myself to do something has finally paid off! I am loving how this feels!

Replies

• biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Outstanding!!! I feel the same way!!!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    it's funny how that works eh?

No way you could have convinced me 10 months ago that I would actually crave exercise. If I don't squeeze a workout in I feel like I'm missing something...

Good for you... milestone moment :smooched:
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    it's funny how that works eh?

No way you could have convinced me 10 months ago that I would actually crave exercise. If I don't squeeze a workout in I feel like I'm missing something...

Good for you... milestone moment :smooched:

My thoughts exactly!!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Win for you!
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Awsome! Congrats to you!
    I've been trying to explain that to my Mum for years! She just doesnt get how exercise can be a habit!
  • MFCuce
    MFCuce Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been doing MFP for 52 days. I lost 1 pound and gained 2 pounds and am discouraged.. Apparently I was only eating about 900 calories a day so since doing this I have tried to attain 1200 calories. I am drinking more water than I ever had. I do not exercise so no one lecture me! I have given myself lectures. I am 53 years old and my BMI is 26.1. I would like to lose 10-15 pounds. I need to join a gym to push myself, apparently I can't even get the motivation to walk. R eading your post has given me hope that once I get started I will be ok. I am just having a pity party for myself this morning. I work 1.3 miles from home by car. I've had the idea of walking to work but I always have an excuse. Anyhow I am having my husband drive me to work this morning and I will walk home to see how long it takes. Then hopefully I will walk a few days back and forth. But I applaud you for your motivation and hope it rubs off on me! Thanks for letting me ramble!!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I have been doing MFP for 52 days. I lost 1 pound and gained 2 pounds and am discouraged.. Apparently I was only eating about 900 calories a day so since doing this I have tried to attain 1200 calories. I am drinking more water than I ever had. I do not exercise so no one lecture me! I have given myself lectures. I am 53 years old and my BMI is 26.1. I would like to lose 10-15 pounds. I need to join a gym to push myself, apparently I can't even get the motivation to walk. R eading your post has given me hope that once I get started I will be ok. I am just having a pity party for myself this morning. I work 1.3 miles from home by car. I've had the idea of walking to work but I always have an excuse. Anyhow I am having my husband drive me to work this morning and I will walk home to see how long it takes. Then hopefully I will walk a few days back and forth. But I applaud you for your motivation and hope it rubs off on me! Thanks for letting me ramble!!

Keep on keeping on. Eating more will def help! You can do this!!!
  • Adeland
    Adeland Posts: 19
    Options
    thats awesome!! .....Sometimes working out is the hardest thing to do, but I have looked into several types of exercise to figure out what I like best... so far I hate running, but love biking, walking and basic cardio at the gym. :-)
  • ChrisR0128
    ChrisR0128 Posts: 86
    Options
    I love to exercise!!!! Running is my passion. Wont be able to exercise for a couple of days due to family matters. On day 2 of not being able to exercise the way i want to, I feel the difference already. Hoping to sneak a quick run in somewhere the next couple of days. good luck to all
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    I feel the same way. I don't need to find motivation to workout. If it means I squeeze in a quick 30mins in a day, I'm happy. If I get more than 30mins, it's only because I have more time that day. I'd do it for hours if I could. Even times when I don't feel like doing it - I just do it anyway. There's no decision or choice involved. Working out every day is no different than brushing my teeth or taking a shower - sometimes it's too cold in the morning to get up - but we just DO IT ANYWAY! Motivation is overrated. :)
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very cool!
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I don't need to find motivation to workout. If it means I squeeze in a quick 30mins in a day, I'm happy. If I get more than 30mins, it's only because I have more time that day. I'd do it for hours if I could. Even times when I don't feel like doing it - I just do it anyway. There's no decision or choice involved. Working out every day is no different than brushing my teeth or taking a shower - sometimes it's too cold in the morning to get up - but we just DO IT ANYWAY! Motivation is overrated. :)

Agreed!