ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this diet sounds racist....

That's what I was thinking. WHY'S IT GOTTA BE WHITE? lol
    is that really mystery? :huh:

Actually, it is to me. Did I miss the definition of this diet? Are they eliminating salt, cauliflower, and white beans too? It seems a little arbitrary...

forget arbitrary ..it just sounds dumb...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,975 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    this diet sounds racist....

That's what I was thinking. WHY'S IT GOTTA BE WHITE? lol
    is that really mystery? :huh:

Actually, it is to me. Did I miss the definition of this diet? Are they eliminating salt, cauliflower, and white beans too? It seems a little arbitrary...

forget arbitrary ..it just sounds dumb...
    bulsht baffles brains, then makes them fall out.

• twins2x2
    Options
    It's the lack of caffeine because you didn't have your diet coke. The no sugar is probably contributing to it as well
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    Made it through day 1

Any advice or just general advice for a carb/sweets/starchy-loving guy?

First off I think that it is hilarious that so many people decided that you were female even though you are a self-confessed c/s/s-loving GUY and from your profile picture you would be one butt-ugly woman.

Secondly the "no-white food regime" is a healthy and bonafide way of reducing the "bad" carbs from your diet. Cutting out white sugar, added salt, white flour other over-refined grains is a good thing. I am not sure why you have cut out the Diet Coke (although I am a Diet Pepsi man myself). It is unlikely that one can of aspartame a day will do you any harm and personally I find that it takes the edge off my sweets cravings.

Good luck on your journey and if you need a friend feel free to add me.

Except there are no "bad" carbs. A no white diet would also eliminate cauliflower, egg whites, various cheeses like mozzarella and white cheddar, sour cream, cream cheese, lardo and many other things. Sounds faddish and stupid to me.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Made it through day 1

First off I think that it is hilarious that so many people decided that you were female even though you are a self-confessed c/s/s-loving GUY and from your profile picture you would be one butt-ugly woman.

Secondly the "no-white food regime" is a healthy and bonafide way of reducing the "bad" carbs from your diet. Cutting out white sugar, added salt, white flour other over-refined grains is a good thing. I am not sure why you have cut out the Diet Coke (although I am a Diet Pepsi man myself). It is unlikely that one can of aspartame a day will do you any harm and personally I find that it takes the edge off my sweets cravings.

Except there are no "bad" carbs. A no white diet would also eliminate cauliflower, egg whites, various cheeses like mozzarella and white cheddar, sour cream, cream cheese, lardo and many other things. Sounds faddish and stupid to me.

I guess biscuits and gravy are out too then, right?
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is white.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    I gave up diet coke along with going back to a more PALEO modified diet for lent. And yes I ate a ton of pasta and bread Tuesday. Ha!!! I will say I use EXCEDRIN migraine when getting of the diet coke (and when I get migraines). Really helps with headache and has some caffeine in it... Just a little more than 40 days... WE CAN DO THIS.

thats not paleo then ….
    a plate of pasta means one's not paleo?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet coke along with going back to a more PALEO modified diet for lent. And yes I ate a ton of pasta and bread Tuesday. Ha!!! I will say I use EXCEDRIN migraine when getting of the diet coke (and when I get migraines). Really helps with headache and has some caffeine in it... Just a little more than 40 days... WE CAN DO THIS.

thats not paleo then ….

Paleo don't eat grains. So, no pasta, no bread...
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Lots of times for a diabetic, they will say cut out all the "white" foods. They are mostly the bad carbs. Another thing that no one has asked the op is how many calories are you eating for the whole day? If you are not eating but 700 -800 calories, that will cause a bad headache. Also if you have been eating a very high carb diet (cakes, cookies, potato's, corn, sweet peas, donuts, breads, pizza (crust), etc. and now you have cold turkey stopped the so called *White* foods (carbs), that will give you withdrawal symptoms and yes a headache would be one of them. If it is fromt he cutting out of carbs, do it slower, don't cold turkey it. People do get addicted to carbs and it does take a few weeks to get totally over it, but take it slower if that is the case. and if your eating under 1000 calories, up your intake.
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well my weaknesses that contribute to excess calories are sweets (candy, ice cream, pastries, etc), bready foods, snacks, sugar cereal, and bad food choices at restaurants. I am a picky eater and tend to choose burger or sandwich + fries.
    Good for you for giving up what's basically junk food, especially the "white" stuff (and common sense prevails here that it doesn't include white vegetables etc., LOL!).

I don't commonly eat such foods and although there's always that dreaded "detox headache" from quitting those foods if I've let them sneak back in, it's so worth kicking their butt to the curb it in the end. I'll never understand the general attitude around here that it's not wise to restrict foods that don't contribute to your health, and that restricting such foods is "extreme". Eating for optimal health is extremely gratifying. :)

Keep up the great work, you'll feel so much better physically and emotionally in no time!

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Are you mocking Christianity by using lent as an excuse for your fad diet?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Made it through day 1

Hence why I said faddy but NOOOOO, can't be since it's for religious reasons.
  • ndj1979
    Options

thats not paleo then ….

since paleo calls for elimination of all grains, then eating grains would not be paleo ...
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I have those headaches when I cut out sugar....Sweets are also my biggest issue. I cut them out all together to start, now I will typically have (and track) one dove dark chocolate piece a day...it's a good treat! The headache doesn't last too long and ibuprofen helps! Good luck!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Well my weaknesses that contribute to excess calories are sweets (candy, ice cream, pastries, etc), bready foods, snacks, sugar cereal, and bad food choices at restaurants. I am a picky eater and tend to choose burger or sandwich + fries.
    Good for you for giving up what's basically junk food, especially the "white" stuff (and common sense prevails here that it doesn't include white vegetables etc., LOL!).

I don't commonly eat such foods and although there's always that dreaded "detox headache" from quitting those foods if I've let them sneak back in, it's so worth kicking their butt to the curb it in the end. I'll never understand the general attitude around here that it's not wise to restrict foods that don't contribute to your health, and that restricting such foods is "extreme". Eating for optimal health is extremely gratifying. :)

Keep up the great work, you'll feel so much better physically and emotionally in no time!

so cauliflower is bad, because white?
  • bingo_jenn
    bingo_jenn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Are you mocking Christianity by using lent as an excuse for your fad diet?

Word.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    kayeiam wrote: »
    Lots of times for a diabetic, they will say cut out all the "white" foods. They are mostly the bad carbs. Another thing that no one has asked the op is how many calories are you eating for the whole day? If you are not eating but 700 -800 calories, that will cause a bad headache. Also if you have been eating a very high carb diet (cakes, cookies, potato's, corn, sweet peas, donuts, breads, pizza (crust), etc. and now you have cold turkey stopped the so called *White* foods (carbs), that will give you withdrawal symptoms and yes a headache would be one of them. If it is fromt he cutting out of carbs, do it slower, don't cold turkey it. People do get addicted to carbs and it does take a few weeks to get totally over it, but take it slower if that is the case. and if your eating under 1000 calories, up your intake.

people get addicted to carbs, really? Do you have anything to back that up..?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I do. One time at Whole Foods I got these really intense carb cravings. Next thing I know, I'm in the produce section trying to fight off a clerk, using broccoli as my shield and shoving red potatoes in my mouth while screaming for someone to bring me a hit of Wonder bread.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

I do. One time at Whole Foods I got these really intense carb cravings. Next thing I know, I'm in the produce section trying to fight off a clerk, using broccoli as my shield and shoving red potatoes in my mouth while screaming for someone to bring me a hit of Wonder bread.

don't you hate it when the white food does that to you?