CHALLENGE FOR FEB 2015 -- Say "NO" to Late Night Snacking

Options

Replies

• katiesTARDIS
    Options
    I'll join in for the last few days of February. :)
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Me: 1*
    LNS: 0

I was very conscious of wanting to snack, but I didn't!
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Am very late seeing this thread but it has come at a good time as I am trying to eat healthily for lent. Am going to start my tally from Ash Wednesday (wed 18th). My definition is snacking after 8pm (regardless of calories left). So far ME 1 LNS 1*.
  • turtlesaver
    Options
    Me:10*
    LNS:2
  • JustineElizabeth
    JustineElizabeth Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Me: 10* LNS: 1
    Last night felt the urge to snack but brushed my teeth and drank mint tea instead :smile:
  • susanmarie7320
    susanmarie7320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Feb 20

Me: 9*
    LNS: 11
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Count me in!
    Welcome to the challenge!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Me: 10* LNS: 1
    Last night felt the urge to snack but brushed my teeth and drank mint tea instead :smile:
    That sounds like a great strategy. Glad it worked! :)
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    Am very late seeing this thread but it has come at a good time as I am trying to eat healthily for lent. Am going to start my tally from Ash Wednesday (wed 18th). My definition is snacking after 8pm (regardless of calories left). So far ME 1 LNS 1*.

Welcome! It's never too late to join, and this will continue next month, too. :)

• aubsangels
    aubsangels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is my biggest down fall, I hate it! I like the idea of a challenge! Count me in!
  • Coonsmom
    Coonsmom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    "Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

• Brenda8892
    Brenda8892 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im late joining this group but love this idea!! For me, LNS is anything after 8pm. So last night, the 20th, ME - 1 LNS - 0. Here's to working on keeping it that way!!
  • JustineElizabeth
    Options
    Me: 11* LNS: 1
  • Brenda8892
    Brenda8892 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo way to go justineelizabeth!!!!!!!!!
  • JustineElizabeth
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Brenda8892 Thanks. Late night snacking is a real issue for me. It's the reason that I have gained so much weight in the last few years and the way I sabotage my weight loss progress. I love this group/challenge. It's really helping me.
  • turtlesaver
    Options
    Me:12*
    LNS:3
    I fell off the wagon hard this weekend, but I resisted the urge to snack after dinner Friday and Sunday night. This thread has been a big help motivating me to stay strong!
  • ames_ks
    ames_ks Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me:12*
    LNS:3
    I fell off the wagon hard this weekend, but I resisted the urge to snack after dinner Friday and Sunday night. This thread has been a big help motivating me to stay strong!

That's okay, we're holding your seat, so here's a hand to help you climb back on. Let's keep going from here! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Nothing tastes better than wearing a size smaller (when you have a couple lbs to lose) feels...
  • ames_ks
    Options
    I lost track of my count while traveling last week, but still did good with food overall, even on vacation! Yay! So I'll start over from last night...
    Me: 1 - LNS: 0
  • ames_ks
    Options
    And, btw, I loved that the airplane seatbelt seemed longer than it used to!