Cravings!!!!

Options
Cravings!!! How do y'all deal with the cravings??????

Replies

• BrandenFord
    BrandenFord Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get them at 1am at nite all the time and just gotta force myself to drink water lol
  • fitnessguru870
    Options
    I get them at 1am at nite all the time and just gotta force myself to drink water lol

So is that the only thing you do to fight cravings?
  • BrandenFord
    BrandenFord Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thats what i do cuz thats when I usually work out cuz I get off work late. So a protein shake helps me not crave anything.
  • ElzabthB
    ElzabthB Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm craving a big greasy chicken kabab right now :( went for chicken breast, spinach and sweet potato instead lol what have you been craving?
  • fitnessguru870
    Options
    ElzabthB wrote: »
    I'm craving a big greasy chicken kabab right now :( went for chicken breast, spinach and sweet potato instead lol what have you been craving?

I'm craving everything...this diet got me looking like a Sad puppy...lol
  • ElisaJtsu
    ElisaJtsu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to imagine how I'll look if I gave into cravings every time, I get up and clean the house, I phone someone (can't eat whilst talking). If it gets really bad I try and have something 'good' like a piece of fruit. I find the longer I resist, the easier it gets. It's a long way :)
  • katab2014
    katab2014 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's finding something healthy but makes you feel as if you've treated yourself that is an art for me. So, if it's chocolate, I have an Options hot chocolate. If it's sweet then yoghourt, if it's savoury a weight watchers snack ( portion controlled). They tell you to analyse why you crave stuff but I don't really do that much.
  • Loaski1
    Loaski1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A friend told me she drinks tea at night to curb the nighttime cravings. I found that a tablespoon of Metamucil in a glass of water curbs my hunger in the evening and is some extra fiber to help lower my cholesterol.
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Questbar!!! When I want something deliciously chocolatety I eat a chocolate chunk questbar ! So good !!!
  • andreajorg21
    Options
    Only keep good things on your house. I eat protein bars in the middle of the day for my cravings.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    ElzabthB wrote: »

I'm craving everything...this diet got me looking like a Sad puppy...lol

Maybe you are depriving yourself too much..continue to eat the things you love and crave, but keep it in your daily calorie goal!! I crave chips, I have a bag. I want chocolate, I have a piece. Otherwise those cravings are going to win:)
  • soto0012
    Options
    I've been buying the Weight Watchers ice creams and it helps my cravings. Just try not to make a habit of eating those ;)
  • cocmares
    cocmares Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I look at old pics of me and then say to myself "I think not" lol Mind over matter;)
  • fitnessguru870
    Options
    Thanks for all the help you guys.....

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I eat what I'm craving. Substitutes only lead me to overeat.
  • tpulliam381
    Options
    For times I'm craving; I eat yogurt, fruit, or a low sugar protein bar.
  • mmmMiMi
    mmmMiMi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ugh...I, too, am a late night snack craver.
    Don't have much of a sweet tooth, but the salty/crunchy stuff can drive me to distraction.
    I could probably deal with that by going to sleep,
    but since I'm a night owl, I deal with it by eating small things to get past
    that "need to nibble".
    seasoned chick peas, steamed edamame (in the pod, so they take longer to eat)
    Thinly sliced cucumber and celery, dipped in hot sauce. Thin sliced dill pickles.
    Air-popped popcorn.
  • flex929
    flex929 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

So is that the only thing you do to fight cravings?

I take 1000mg of L -Glutamine along with 1000 mg of Cinnamon 4 times a day. They curb sugar cravings. If your cravings are because your just hungry, try upping your protein intake and back off the hi sugar foods as protein satiates your hunger. Good luck, hope it helps you like it did for me.

• michellecnieman
    Options
    Protein either in a smoothie or even just water helps
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    cocmares wrote: »
    I look at old pics of me and then say to myself "I think not" lol Mind over matter;)

So I should get old pictures of you to look at when I get a craving?