Where did you buy your fitbit hr? On backorder?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    I bought my original one from Target. I was doing the checkout online and, apparently, they ran out while I was putting my credit card info in. I tried again the next morning and snagged one.

I did have to contact fitbit support about it (it was grossly overestimating calories and I couldn't figure out why) and they're sending me a new one. They originally said it was on back order 4-5 weeks but I got a notice less than a week later that it's out for shipment.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I just got mine today at best buy. they had it in stock and it is charging right now
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    you cannot get the XL in stores. it says on the box XL is only available online.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    So yes i found out xl is only from fitbit so hes just gonna have to wait. But i looked everywhere!!!! Online- best buy, kohls, dicks, target, walmart- none! In person- dicks walmart target verizon at&t and best buy- none! The only place i found that seems to have them is amazon but its sold from a different vendor and i dont want to do that. So guess ill just be waiting. Please dont take a month! (The large said 3-4weeks) i payed extra for overnight for when its finally in stock. Bit his (xl), is gonna take a long time probably. Oh well... I just hope they dont extend it even more.
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    The stores all seem to have the regular charge though, but i dont want that when for $20 more i can get the hr. I cant understand why theyre so backordered. Honestly, why cant companies make enough to fill orders? Debating on getting a polar ft7... Thanks everyone!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Anyone use a hrm (like a polar, etc) and there fitbit charge hr? Any point in me buying one for now?
  • JenniferInCt
    edited February 2015
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »
    I ordered mine from Fitbit site.... got the email it will be backorded2-3 weeks..well now is the third week and still no fitbit. I really wish I would of checked out best buy yesterday when I was out shopping.
    anyway, after 3 weeks still no fitbit charge hr. Large

Yuck thats not what i wanted to hear. I can maybe understand the colors taking so long, but really? They dont have a large black in stock? Its probably the most popular. Debating whether i should just cancel my order...
    If you dont mind, let me know when yours finally arrives please. Hopefully it wont be too long! You waited long enough
  • mbender719
    mbender719 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Best Buy. They only had black. But I got the accident protection plan, where they replace it if I break it, and they said that if I need to bring it in to be fixed I can exchange it for a Plum one if they have it in stock.
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Geez everyones finding them at best buy. Couldnt find any even close to near me in stock
  • Kittens08
    Kittens08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bought mine on Saturday from amazon and it was delivered yesterday :)
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I had bought one from bestbuy.ca but I returned it when I decided not to use it. But when I initially returned it to get a large size they were out online too but I noticed that indigo chapters and Sport Check have them in stock (Sport Check had them in store) that was a few weeks ago here in Canada.
  • MeowSkull
    MeowSkull Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon yesterday. No stores around me have them in stock.
  • Bugdude54
    Bugdude54 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have a problem finding a large at places like best buy, target, dicks, sports authority. Its the XL that are on back order. For some reason only small and large were released to the stores.

Myself I have a 7.5" wrist. I bought a large but a xl would probably fit better. I'm 3 spaces from the end of the band. Also the suggest wearing the unit a bit higher up the wrist than just on the wrist bone which is an issue for me. If he's truly 8" at the bone then all you can do right now us order his and cross your fingers
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Kittens08 wrote: »
    I bought mine on Saturday from amazon and it was delivered yesterday :)

Mmm maybe i should cancel my fitbit large order and get it from amazon. Do you remember what company it was from though?

• blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I hear the frustration... I bought my fitbit charge hr in the black color in size small on Feb 5; the email said it was on backorder but it would ship in 1-2 weeks, yesterday was 2 weeks and no shipment yet... And no update from Fitbit on when it will ship.... I'm frustrated!
  • ArmyVet92
    ArmyVet92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I bought mine 2 weeks ago at a local Kohl's and they had plenty. My husband's Surge we got from Verizon the day they release and I have yet to see one in any store yet.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Amazon last Wednesday and had it Friday. I just looked and they only have the small available, but keep checking throughout the day, especially first thing in the mornings and it can change. That's what happened to me. I had been watching them for a week and I gave up and ordered the flex on Tuesday night, then checked Wednesday morning and the Charge HR was available so I was still able to cancel the Flex and order the Charge HR.

Good luck!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Bugdude54 wrote: »

Myself I have a 7.5" wrist. I bought a large but a xl would probably fit better. I'm 3 spaces from the end of the band. Also the suggest wearing the unit a bit higher up the wrist than just on the wrist bone which is an issue for me. If he's truly 8" at the bone then all you can do right now us order his and cross your fingers

I bought a small thinking it would fit well (my wrist is 6") and I have to wear it on the second or third last hole. I wish I'd seen the sizing before because I could probably use a large. I swear, you'd need child size wrists to wear the small on the first few holes.
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    So i cancelled my large order and ordered from amazon! I cant wait! The xl ill leave for now and see how long it takes. Does anyone remember if they charged your credit card when you placed the order? Or was it when you shipped. Cant call bank until tomorrow or monday maybe
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got mine at my local Target this week.