Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Water bottle suggestions please!

I need to get serious about my H20 intake and pouring myself water throughout the day is just not happening consistently. I will be returning to work soon and want to ensure I get in enough, thus I think if I had a water bottle I would SEE I am drinking the right amount.

Can you recommend a great water bottle (with measurements on it preferably) that is dishwasher safe, BPA free, affordable etc etc?

TIA!

Replies

• authson
    authson Posts: 233
    I just bought one from contigo at Meijers for 9.99 that has measurements on the outside and is clear. I love it.
  • sd892310
    sd892310 Posts: 151
    i just buy a 2 litre bottle of water each day, or bulk buy in my weekly shop and take one a day to work with me, i leave it next to me on my desk and will make sure that by the time i go home i have drunk the bottle. it's easy to see it that way, and i know that once i have drunk that bottle then i have covered my daily intake, so any extra is a bonus!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    I have a camelbak, 1 liter (has measurements on the side in ml and oz). I think it was about $11 can't remember where I got it though.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    I have a Camebak 750ml and it helps me get my water in for the day...drinking from a plain water bottle just doesn't work for me, but add a straw and it goes quick! Good luck!
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Target carries these great lightweight aluminum bottles that hold about 24 oz. They are dishwasher and freezer safe... And much better for the environment that any sort of plastic. Also very durable. And pretty.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    I'm quite addicted to water bottles - I have the Contigo Double Wall Pink Tritan™ Water Bottle from Target - :heart:

18oz - BPA Free - http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-martinique-double-wall-insulated-water-bottle.html
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Love my Contigo. I have a 32 ouncer. I try to get 4 in a day.
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    SIGG

They are Swiss made and durable like you wouldnt believe. The size I use fits 32oz, but they have different sizes. I put mine in the dishwasher all the time! I seriously have like 5-6 of them and NEVER leave home without one!

Check out the website!!
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    i just buy a 2 litre bottle of water each day, or bulk buy in my weekly shop and take one a day to work with me, i leave it next to me on my desk and will make sure that by the time i go home i have drunk the bottle. it's easy to see it that way, and i know that once i have drunk that bottle then i have covered my daily intake, so any extra is a bonus!

So, do you have something against the environment, or what? That's an EXTRAORDINARILY wasteful strategy. For the environment AND your pocketbook.
  • terramarie915
    terramarie915 Posts: 1 Member
    Nalgene or Camelbak. I have both and LOVE them!
  • Nanconet
    Nanconet Posts: 35
    The Contigo water bottles are amazing. That is how I measure my water intake. Best water bottle ever. 100% leak proof, 100% spill proof, and BPA free plastic. I take it everywhere.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    This is my favorite! I love that it has a straw, because I'm always spilling. It wont spill if you tip it over. I can also put it in my back pack without it leaking. They make it in tons of colors, and it's only $15. Holds between 24 - 32 oz and has the measurements on the side. It also fits in the machine bottle holders at the gym.

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Bottles/Better-Bottle-75L.aspx
  • The camelbak water bottle has my vote too!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I like Nalgene bottles. I have a 32 oz that I've owned for 6 or 7 years, and it still looks brand new. BPA-free, dishwasher safe, has a mililiter/ounce marker, and costs about $10.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    I like Nalgene bottles. I have a 32 oz that I've owned for 6 or 7 years, and it still looks brand new. BPA-free, dishwasher safe, has a mililiter/ounce marker, and costs about $10.

I thought Nalgene made polycarbonate bottles in the past that contained BPA...and only the newer ones are BPA free
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Klean Kanteen. They're not that expensive if you buy them off amazon, I bought my mother one for Christmas last year and I think it was somewhere from 10-12 dollars. They have a lot of different colors and sizes. It's stainless steel and BPA free (you can also get a bamboo top I believe). Check it out! http://www.kleankanteen.com/

I've found water tastes better in it. It's dishwasher safe. Make sure that you're washing your water bottle every day or every other, because people that don't wash them frequently get sick more often (colds and such).
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Thermos Intak.....you can get it at Target or any every day store.

Pros:
    - It has measurements down the side
    -Handy rotating counter on the top that you use to keep track of your daily intake
    -If you push on one button the top flips open so it's easy to grab the bottle and opening it quickly
    -Locking latch that goes over the push button for when you want to be sure the bottle wont' pop open in your bag etc.
    -Leakproof

Con:
    My only complaint is that when you put ice water in it, the bottle sweats profusely. This can be dealt with by wrapping a small cloth/towel around it or even if you put a koozie on it.

http://www.thermos.com/product_details.aspx?ProdID=944&CatCode=HYDR&q=
  • lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Thermos Intak.....you can get it at Target or any every day store.

Pros:
    - It has measurements down the side
    -Handy rotating counter on the top that you use to keep track of your daily intake
    -If you push on one button the top flips open so it's easy to grab the bottle and opening it quickly
    -Locking latch that goes over the push button for when you want to be sure the bottle wont' pop open in your bag etc.
    -Leakproof

Con:
    My only complaint is that when you put ice water in it, the bottle sweats profusely. This can be dealt with by wrapping a small cloth/towel around it or even if you put a koozie on it.

http://www.thermos.com/product_details.aspx?ProdID=944&CatCode=HYDR&q=
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    SIGG BABY!

Most internationally recognized bottle, award winner and actually placed in museums around the world for artistic beauty BUT most importantly, no leeching like plastic bottles and tasteless. About $25.
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    I just went to Dollar General and bought a nice clear plastic bottle is a snap tight lid. 4 bucks. I don't put ice in it so no problem with sweating. I fill 3 times per day and it gets me 9 cups of water.