Any Mommas trying to loose baby weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• idaniadiaz
    Options
    Im 7 weeks PP. I gave birth natural. I am breastfeeding only. He feeds every 1 to 2 hrs. So I'm always hungry.I was weighing 272 when I gave birth after 6 weeks I was 252. I have lost only 3 pounds but my milk supply seems okay I eat 1800-2000 cal. I add extra 800cal for breastfeeding. I add it to my breakfast it subtract it to my day.I'm trying to lose 100lbs by my son's birthday Dec 31.
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Nicole are you breastfeeding? I ask because I am and I have to eat more to lose .. I just hope it's accurate with as many calories as I have to take in .. Going to try it like this for a week first to see how it goes ..
    How've you been losing weight?

I am EBF, just started cereal though so I am adding 300 calories for breastfeeding. If you are using the web you can choose breastfeeding in the food section and get a few choices- 500 cal for EBF, 300 cal for an older baby and 200 cal for a toddler.
    I gained a total of 40lbs and have 17 lbs still to lose, I haven't lost anything for 3 months which is why I started this, last time I lost it easier but I was younger. All I did then was eat to hunger and walk or jog most days of the week. This time I have started Insanity and Brazillian Butt Lift but keep stopping because of illness, injury or fatigue so I am going back to more walking and strength training rather than high intensity stuff and getting strict with my diet. I hope to start jogging in the spring with my jogging stroller but I'm in Canada so it will be April before that happens.
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! My kids are 2.5 and 8 mo. I could definitely use some mama friends out there. I get so exhausted sometime its hard to keep up with my weight loss/exercise goals. I've lost 20 lbs already, but I have 35 more lbs to loose (15 of that is pre-baby weight).
    For those of you breastfeeding, I am too. My baby is eating solids too so its not exclusive. I was really hesitant to restrict calories. From what I've read, you don't want to lose any more than .5-1 lb a week when you are breastfeeding so be conservative with your restriction. I try to stay above 1600 cals. I calculated the number of calories I should eat if I wasn't losing weight and how many I should be eating to lose a lb a week and stay in that range but closer to the lower number most of the time. The first week I thought I might be under producing but it seems to be fine now. From what I've heard, you only need an extra 300 calories a day to breastfeed.
    Hey girlie thanks for the info I was told an extra 500 might be why I'm not losing or gaining .. It says I'd be at 1491 without and 1971 with ??
    Thats probably a little high (the 500 cals). Thats about what my range is, I try to keep it around 1600-1700 cals. I've lost 5 lbs since I started back so its working. Before I was eating in the 2000s and was slowly gaining.

I have a book that has some really great info: Eat Well, Lose Weight, While Breastfeeding by Eileene Behan. Its worth taking a look at. It covers the nutrition/vitamins you should be eating, meal plans, fitness, and addresses a bunch of different issues.
  • Ywilliams82
    Ywilliams82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 7 weeks PP and I had a natural delivery and exclusively breastfeeding.

I've lost 23lbs so far and want to lose an additional 35lbs (not all of that is baby weight)

Feel free to add me, can always do with motivation :smiley:
  • DestinedForGreatne55
    Options
    Hello,

Almost five months PP. She was born a month early. My little miracle I call her cause with PCOS (diagnosed) it was hard conceiving. Losing weight has always been a struggle. Lost 37 lbs prior pregnancy.

Motivation is definitely needed beside eating healthy, proportions and exercise.
  • clarkmelinda
    Options
    I'm nine weeks PP. Last baby. I'm now 40! Lol
    Need to lose about 50 lbs, but would be great with any loss... Glad to see this thread!
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My son is one so it's debatable whether it's baby weight I need to lose or not ... :smiley: I lost 50 pounds on MFP before getting pregnant and now I have about 30-35 to lose again. Feel free to add me! Also, I breast fed....you can add it in your food diary and it subtracts calories. There's a few different options in the food data base, that's what I used.
  • fitforeverbb
    fitforeverbb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 8 months postpartum and have reached 3lbs less than I was before pregnancy. I had a caesarean and have PCOS so find it extra hard to lose weight! Feel free to add me :)
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Anyone on domperidone for breastfeeding? Is it affecting your weight loss?
  • LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies! I have two boys, a four year old and a 14 month old. Ive gained 50 lbs since having kids and am struggling to stay on track. Im a stay at home mom and I love it but it can make losing weight harder. My husband works nights and since we only have a 2 bedroom house I have to have the crib in my bedroom and the baby often keeps me from getting a good nights sleep. Not to mention the non stop snow this winter and low temps makes it hard to even leave the house!