10,000 steps a day

Options
2»

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    captmiddy wrote: »
    10k is almost 5 miles of distance for the average person, 5 miles in 45 minutes is a very brisk pace and is faster than many people even complete a 5k which is just over 3 miles.

Yeah...I'm a fast walker and it takes me 75 minutes to get to 5 miles...
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    oh man ! I think I've only met my goal of walking 10,000 steps a day a couple times ! And both those times I went on super longs walks to achieve this goal . What's something you do that helps you achieve this daily goal ??

Never sit down till bed time :) just walk in circles if you have to !
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I sweep my floor a couple of times, haha. ;)
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'll also take a couple of walks around the block.
  • ArmyVet92
    ArmyVet92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't work, and am a housewife... I do ALOT of walking back and forth through my house. At night before I allow myself to sit down and game with my hubby, if we have yet made our step goal, we turn on some Anime and walk in place while watching it. I average about 11k steps this way, and am fast approaching being able to pull of 12-13k daily.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I walk my son to school and my daughter to nursery, and take my baby for walks in the pram. I chase after 3 kids at home. 10,000 is usually my minimum of steps! This week is half term so no school, but we've been to the zoo, the beach, the park etc.

I also get a lot of steps from the gym, depending on the kind of class. Even spinning gets about 5000 steps.

I go back to work after maternity leave in April, and I'm curious how many steps I'll do then as I'm a teacher and it's rare I sit down.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    If I'm in uni its pretty easy tho I'm only in like once a week these days so have to make up for it, today it was a 2 1/2 hour walk and 30 mins run i5ayke7kuk2s.png
  • lizek316
    lizek316 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If you watch tv, get up during the commercials. You can walk 300+ steps during the commercials. We had an ice storm this week so I did ally walking while watching tv. Over 15,000 steps on my fitbit

That's a great idea
  • saratogaaileen
    Options
    One normal walk with my puppy gets me around 5000, then his wee walk adds another 2500. Just doing "stuff" usually gets me upto and beyond 10k. The only problem is if someone else walks him! If that happens I walk/jog in place watching TV.
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I make sure my phone is charged, call my mates, and start walking :)
  • linzee32
    linzee32 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I park far away when shopping. I use toilets on other floors at the office. I upped my water intake to pee more to step more. I take the dogs on long walks. Walk to library instead of drive.
  • raider_01
    raider_01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work an office job & manage to get in the 12,000 to 14,000 range. I walk from the train, print at the furthest printer from me, take the longest way possible back from the bathroom, walk at lunch & after work plus my workout or run. Making small changes can really add up those steps!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Wii Walk IT Out game is great for adding steps. Your steps earn points...then you "spend" points to build an island. You "buy" new songs, add buildings, bridges, trees, etc. Mindless but the time flies.