Not even an ounce!

Options
2»

Replies

• elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Okay. So I am suppose to eat 1,548 in calories. I walk a lot (ALOT, ALOT, ALOT) plus I workout. Do I eat any of my exercise calories or no?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, weighing gives you great heads up. And you don't need to do it for ever.
  • beccaR1960
    beccaR1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym :-)
  • elly620
    Options
    SO do I eat back any of my exercise calories???
  • queenliz99
    Options
    If you use the TDEE calculator, then no. If you use MFP as intended, then yes, eat all or most of your calories back. MFP tends to be generous with calorie burns.
  • elly620
    Options
    So if I stick to mfp's 1200 calories then I can eat back some of the calories but not go over the 1548 for TDEE. I think that sounds like a good idea. And weigh EVERYTHING!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Eat MFP's calorie goal and eat most or part of your exercise calories back. TDEE eat 1548 everyday, exercise calories are included in your goal. One or the other.
  • elly620
    Options
    I'll stick with the TDEE amount. Seems easier.
  • amreed003
    amreed003 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    elly620 wrote: »
    I'm on day 49 of P90X. I do the program a little different but I workout at least 3 times a week and up to 6 days a week. I have not lost any weight in two weeks. After not losing any weight the first week, I analyzed my diet. Sodium is high and I haven't been drinking enough water. So I started drinking 100 fl oz a day and I have tried to eat less salt. BUT I still have not lost any weight. I think that I should have lost something.

My food diary is very accurate (I measure and weigh EVERYTHING) and I am a very active person (I have a FitBit and walk ALOT). So if anyone could look at my diary and see where else I may be messing up. It would be greatly appreciated.

Also feel free to add me as a friend!

• amreed003
    Options
    Are you eating enough? At one point my trainer told me I wasn't. I increased my caloric intake significantly and immediately started losing weight...
  • elly620
    Options
    I think that I am eating enough, but I'm really not sure. I'm going to try sticking to the TDEE recommendations for a few weeks and see what happens.
  • corellalandrigan
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I did not lose anything until I researched my TDEE and BMR, I was eating 1200 cal a day, and eating back what mfp said, so I calculated these^ and set my goal to 1550 on days I don't workout to 1700 cal a day on days I do. It is working so far!
  • elly620
    Options
    I'm going to stick to the TDEE of 1548 every day. Seems like a safe bet.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Give it some more time.. It took me 6 weeks of diet and exercise before I lost a pound. Then it was 1-2# loss a week, then stall out again, etc....
    It takes time, I always liked the saying - "Look at it as a marathon Not a sprint".
    It does get frustrating but stick with it, and you will see results. Best of Luck!
  • amreed003
    Options
    At the risk of sounding stupid what is TDEE and BMR? I can't lose a pound to save my life myself. I work out a lot...HIIT, weight training and cardio and I am very cautious about what I eat. I'm gaining tons of muscle but no weight loss. Clothes aren't fitting looser either. I'm not sure I eat enough to be honest.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I used Queenliz's calculator. For my current weight and I put working out 4 day a week. My BMR is 1363. TDEE is 1934. So now what?
    Consume 1434 per day while doing what you still do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    SO do I eat back any of my exercise calories???
    No. TDEE is your TOTAL DAILY ENERGY EXPENDITURE. That includes your exercise.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    amreed003 wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding stupid what is TDEE and BMR? I can't lose a pound to save my life myself. I work out a lot...HIIT, weight training and cardio and I am very cautious about what I eat. I'm gaining tons of muscle but no weight loss. Clothes aren't fitting looser either. I'm not sure I eat enough to be honest.

TDEE- Total Daily Energy Expenditure. Basically all your physical calories you burn in a day.

BMR- Basil Metabolic Rate. Amount of calories you'd burn at total rest in a day.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png