Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Options
2»

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Snip

Was you post to be a strength and weakness for your husband? And yourself. Sounded like two strengths for your husband :D willpower to not eat chocolate etc and willpower to have a day off.

Anyway.

My strengths hmmm... I guess I can generally not eat junk, there has been chocolate in the house for months. I could have had 10 prices a day? No one would know, but at most I would have one piece every other day.

Sticking to a routine. Gym and kick boxing, the gym I could skip and no one would know except for me.

A weakness, eating an entire pizza when I planned on eating half. Hawaiian chicken pizza is too good

• apfei
    apfei Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My strengths are that i can resist sweet things with ease and that i like working out, tho i am just a beginner. My weakness is salty, fried things like potato chips. I am also an emotional eater and narrowly escaped binging last Wednesday evening after a disappointing day. I was 90% of the way there to cooking up a big batch of homemade popcorn which i drench in real butter. I even went to the cupboard to check and see how many kernels i had left. But i managed to resist and the next morning my heart was light. Victory!
  • KrisAZ000
    KrisAZ000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Strengths: I am very good at sticking to my deficit goals. Pretty much obsessively good. Even if I do make a mistake and go over, like when I was home sick and boredom ate, I will make up for it in the following days so that my week always ends exactly as it should. I've also recently gotten really good about exercising. I hit the gym 5-6 times a week.

Weaknesses: I love processed convenience foods and have an insatiable sweet tooth. Even though my calories are always on point, my macros are a mess. I get the MFP pop-up-of-shame every day when I'm logging my food, letting me know that I've eaten more carbs and sugar than I was supposed to. I don't really care either. I'm just happy that I've learned how to balance my calories to include sweets without ruining my deficit.
  • srmeyers3
    srmeyers3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Strengths: I genuinely enjoy lifting weights, love to cook healthy meals, and eat a balanced diet with fruits, veg and protein. I am generally good at sticking to the low-carb diet recommended by my doctor due to my PCOS. I am also generally good at planning what I will eat ahead of time and familiarizing myself with restaurant nutrition info, in order to not accidentally ingest wheat (to which I have an allergy). I love cooking for myself and rarely eat fast food, though I do not demonize any foods. For instance, I eat pizza in moderation regularly.

Weaknesses: I don't enjoy working out if I don't have a partner to hold me accountable/keep me company and have no interest in cardio. I have plantar fasciitis which makes standing or walking for extended periods of time very painful, so I am much more sedentary than I would like to be. My real weakness is free food. I am a broke college student, and will eat almost anything that is free... sometimes even if it has wheat in it, and I know it will make me sick. My other weakness is having food in the house - if I have it, I will eat it. Thus, I shop almost daily in order to avoid over-eating.
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Strengths: Love to experiment with new vegetables and really enjoy cooking. Also love exercising and challenging myself.

Weakness: In every previous attempt to lose weight I banned certain foods (i.e. didn't beleive CICO). I changed that this time and am losing weight at a good pace while not feeling deprived - hopefully it'll stick because my big weakness is binging.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Strengths: I am a MAJOR perfectionist and having any kind of rule or guideline I will stick to it pretty much exactly (such as my daily calories and macros). I'm very hyper and high energy so I move around a lot (even if it's just stuff like cleaning and walking, jumping, and/or dancing around). I like a lot of healthy foods.

Weaknesses: I adore sweets and must have something every single day like chocolate or ice cream. I really hate exercising unless it does not feel like exercise (i.e., hiking, long walks, casual swimming). I practically have a gym phobia and haven't ever gone. I only exercise outdoors if the weather is nice (no ice/snow, between about 35 and 85 F)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Strengths: I am very determined and focused, complete most goals I set my mind to
    Weaknesses: ^Because of the above, I can become very one track minded, obsessive and a perfectionist
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Salty snack treats, nuts, Chips and salsa, potato chips, popcorn... :blush:
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    It was really fascinating to hear all your strengths and weaknesses! I never would have guessed some of them, so it's really interesting to read :-)
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I can ignore chips, meat and potatos forever. I do activity gym almost everyday for 4 years. I cannot have quest bars in the house or I will eat 2-3 per day. I have trouble with sweets in the house as well. I have food limiting issues, and am not a great planner.
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I used to have a bad problem with bingeing. Especially right before bed. I would want to eat everything and still feel hungry. I have to sleep on a pretty full stomach. I have kind of settled on a mix of paleo/adkins/whole foods diet I guess. I have cut out added sugar and processed wheat as much as possible, except for small servings like a treat or a few crackers a day, and now I don't binge and don't seem to want to. My weakness is getting up to go workout. Once I get warmed up I love it, but starting is hard for me. Unless its hiking.