life with a toddler...

Options
reesepieces
reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
So as a mom to a toddler, there are many things I can expect to happen.

I have to change clothes due to messy hands making contact.
I have random stickers in random places...sometimes after sitting on them.

So what kinds of things do you go through as a mom (or dad) of a toddler?

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I answer the same questions over and over and over again.
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    im CONSTANTLY wiping the damn couches free from stickiness.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    cleaning poop off hands that were stuck into dirty diapers after taking them off by themselves! struggling to get them to eat anything but cheese!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    To have liquid spilled all over important projects, most recently a felt board project for school last night. I swear I should just start doing duplicates of everything just in case.
  • ismatts
    ismatts Posts: 62
    Options
    if anything around the house is broken, I know who did it! They can't keep their hands off of anything. My "toddlers" are 5 and 7.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Can't forget the constant "Why?" questions. :)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I repeat myself a LOT!
    I say "i love you too more than the moon and the stars... and sun!" more times than I can count in a day
    Constantly remind my daughter that she is too old for "boobie time" but too young for coffee

My daughter is almost 2 and a half but at work I have 2 autistic young ladies that I care for so it's still a lot of repeating myself and picking up other people's messes. lol
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Having to stop in the middle of my workout to change his poopy bum.... every-single-time!!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Every time we're in the car, I get 'what are you doing mommy?' Answer never changes from 'I'm driving'
    And she doesn't just ask it once, its over and over and over
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed up, feeling hot, only to get a hug from my babies...the kind where they hug you so tight they bury their face in your shirt...and leave you with snot all over it. So much for looking hot, but that's all replaced by the amazing feeling of hugs from your babies.
  • jmcniel
    jmcniel Posts: 65
    Options
    Watching 200+ cds come tumbling down, and being dumb enough to pick them up each time just so it can happen all over again.
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have to relinqush a little control as my 2.5 year old is MR. Independent!

I have fruit snack wrappers all over my car (its how I bribe my kids to get dressed and in the car in the mornings)
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Every time we're in the car, I get 'what are you doing mommy?' Answer never changes from 'I'm driving'
    And she doesn't just ask it once, its over and over and over

LOL I still laugh at this one!! Now I get "Mommy, what's that?" At every single object we pass and eeeeevery single objest inside the car EVERY DARN TIME@! @ lmao Obviously that one is more annoying and she knows it!
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    Omg!!! Where to even start...my 3 year old son likes to put his bath toys in the toilet and so i tell him now that you did that they go in the trash... my dog just had a puppy on mothers day and yesterday my son decides to go get the puppy when i wasnt looking and putt it on his book shelf in his room...lets just say he was in trouble....im sure there is many more stories for next time......lol
  • catgoodey
    catgoodey Posts: 15
    Options
    taking 20 minutes to walk 200 yards! and having to accept every stick, stone and worm as the wonderful present she intended it to be. always being late because of this delightful practice! knowing the theme songs to all her favourite programmes on tv and sadly singing them even when she's not with me!
    the hugs! i love the snuggle up hugs!
    she's my 3rd and i'm still not tired of toddlers. so much fun and frustration and love in a small, very detirmined bundle of energy!
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've had 19876348385 near death experiences from stepping on those God-forsaken blocks!

I am fairly certain I've seen every episode of The Wonder Pets and remember which animals we save in each.

I've known the most amazing joy though, a hug and kiss from the smallest, most beautiful angel on Earth. (Though her hands are probably covered in something, and there is no doubt now something stuck in my hair. ) :heart: :flowerforyou:

Cheers to the mama's and dad's of small children - they're a blessing :smile:
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    More a pre-K now than a toddler now, but one of the surreal things I discovered when becoming a parent to a mini-person was finding myself saying the most bizarre things... like:

"No drawing on the windows with boogers"

and one my hubster said to her whilst eating dinner:

"No beatboxing at the table."

It still happens on a weekly occasion; saying things in which I can't help but LMAO when hearing them out-loud.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Amazing how that always happens! I make my husband change her since he NEVER DOES! lol
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think one of the hardest things about being a parent to a toddler and a pre-k.. is trying to be mature and stern, Some of the stuff they do and say is hilarious, but as mommy I have to say, No honey we don't say that or no honey we don't do that while hiding my laughs.
  • almondbliss
    almondbliss Posts: 115
    Options
    Picking up the whole box of garbage bags off the kitchen floor.
    Trying to find 1 of 4 noonies (usully in a pot in the kitchen cabinet)
    Always plugging fans, radio,hair clippers ect. back in the wall.