Juicing

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    It's not good for you. I'll have the occasional slice but I find it bloats me

*rollingeyes*

Eat bread every day, lost 121 pounds.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    It's not good for you. I'll have the occasional slice but I find it bloats me

*rollingeyes*

Eat bread every day, lost 121 pounds.

While feeling bloated?

• robyngrant739
    robyngrant739 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm not telling anyone to stop eating it I was saying what works for me and that wraps and pitta are a healthier option
  • hunnyhun921
    hunnyhun921 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am currently replacing breakfast and dinner with a fruit and veggie smoothie. I eat healthy snacks in between and a gallon of water daily. I eat a full lunch. This is what works for me. I still make sure that all fruits and veggies are weighed and fit into my daily calorie allowance. Again..... this is what works for me.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I'm not telling anyone to stop eating it I was saying what works for me and that wraps and pitta are a healthier option

Those are bread, so...
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'm not telling anyone to stop eating it I was saying what works for me

STOP there, and everyone will agree with you.
    and that wraps and pitta are a healthier option

And that's the part people have problems with.

• robyngrant739
    Options
    Different types of bread rather than normal that was my whole point
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Different strokes and all that, and that's fine. But don't make blanket statements saying that bread is "known to be bad for you." Because it's not.

I can eat two slices of my favorite Nature's Own Honey Wheat bread for the same calories as a large wrap or pita. Neither one is healthier than the other.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

But they're not inherently more or less healthy. They have different ingredients, different nutritional breakdowns, etc. But "healthy" would be determined by how they fit in with the person's overall diet. Not just by themselves.
  • ekg0328
    ekg0328 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I juice pretty regularly - I'm actually doing a 2-day detox now. A gallon of this juice per day, and no chew-able food. I will drop a couple of pounds while I'm just drinking juice, but obviously I'll gain it all back! I like to do things like this as a reset so I'm more aware of what I'm putting into my body afterward. After this, I'm transitioning for 2-3 days of just raw foods - fruit, veggies, seeds & nuts, and then I'll go back to clean eating.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I'm not telling anyone to stop eating it I was saying what works for me

STOP there, and everyone will agree with you.
    and that wraps and pitta are a healthier option

And that's the part people have problems with.

:smiley:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It is the claiming they are healthier that people are disagreeing with. Especially since they have similar ingredients.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    ekg0328 wrote: »
    I juice pretty regularly - I'm actually doing a 2-day detox now. A gallon of this juice per day, and no chew-able food. I will drop a couple of pounds while I'm just drinking juice, but obviously I'll gain it all back! I like to do things like this as a reset so I'm more aware of what I'm putting into my body afterward. After this, I'm transitioning for 2-3 days of just raw foods - fruit, veggies, seeds & nuts, and then I'll go back to clean eating.

interesting yo-yo lifestyle.

• robyngrant739
    Options
    Disagree all you like but it is what I have been taught by gym instructors,etc people who know a lot about nutrition. I'm not claiming to be an expert just thought if some people who are struggling saw it might of tried to replace it. My first day on here all I wanted was a bit of advice
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    Disagree all you like but it is what I have been taught by gym instructors,etc people who know a lot about nutrition. I'm not claiming to be an expert just thought if some people who are struggling saw it might of tried to replace it. My first day on here all I wanted was a bit of advice

We are giving you advice, OP :flowerforyou:

You can listen to other people besides the "gym instructors" and keep an open mind. A lot of the people here are extremely knowledgeable and I have learned so much from the forums.
  • Serah87
    Options
    What are you resetting?
  • carolynmo1969
    carolynmo1969 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a nutri-bullet as well. I drink my breakfast on the way to work- frozen fruit, a cup of a leafy green, water (or sometimes green or white tea) with 2 tbsp of chia seeds OR hemp hearts added. I tried juicing but it seemed a shame to waste all of that fibre-dense pulp.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Sooo....in the end you're not actually accomplishing anything?
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Most gym instructors know little to nothing about nutrition.
  • Serah87
    Options

Gym instructors have no degrees in nutrition.