Today Instead of...

Options
2»

Replies

• feffyweffy
    feffyweffy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm know I'll be eating out for lunch today...Instead of blindly choosing my meal and guessing which is the best option, I looked at my options online and was able to make a wise decision based on nutrition information. (and water instead of delicious fountain Diet Coke!)
  • KristinaG_is_losing_it
    Options
    Instead of ordering food today (chinese) I ate what I brought (salad and an orange). I really wanted that chinese food but I'm doing a 1-1 session with my trainer tonight which she refers to as 'super cardio' I just dreaded the thought of eating that stuff and then working out later. It still sounds delicious though...
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Today instead of taking a cab to work I walked the mile myself

Way to go!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Just drink the regular coke. Don't drink the aspartame in diet!
    Nothing wrong with aspartame. Especially for diabetics!

My best exchanges worked because I figured out what the old habit was doing for me. After dinner I'm not hungry, I'm bored. So I found new things to keep me busy like read a book, crochet, play on my iPHone.

Mid-afternoon, I need to bite in to something dry and crispy. I suspect that on stress days I feel like taking a bite out of certain co-workers. Not socially acceptable these days. So a good replacement is dry popcorn or puffed wheat.
  • Rooster0504
    Rooster0504 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    feffyweffy wrote: »
    I'm know I'll be eating out for lunch today...Instead of blindly choosing my meal and guessing which is the best option, I looked at my options online and was able to make a wise decision based on nutrition information. (and water instead of delicious fountain Diet Coke!)

I like this a lot. I've found some of my biggest misses or slips come from not having prepared to make the right choice before throwing myself into a situation. Good job!

Today Instead of sleeping in I pushed myself to start my day at the gym
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »
    Instead of sitting at my desk for a break I went to the weight room instead and did shoulders.

I envy you having a gym so close by. My company has a free gym but its across town and oodles of traffic.

I am so grateful for my job. I work at a college...nights so no one is up. Weight room all to myself :#
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    My best exchanges worked because I figured out what the old habit was doing for me. After dinner I'm not hungry, I'm bored. So I found new things to keep me busy like read a book, crochet, play on my iPHone.

Absolutely this.

Most of my desire to snack is related to something other than a need to eat. Like at the moment I want to eat because I'm cold (whenever it gets this cold out I can't seem to warm up), and being cold always makes me want to eat. So I'm going to go get some herbal tea.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Today instead of cutting everything hard out. I had a serving of chips and did not eat the whole bag.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Today, instead of ordering something I don't really want, completely avoiding the trip with my nieces, or not eating, I played with my calories and macros and fit in a medium Blizzard from Dairy Queen.
  • Rooster0504
    Options
    Today instead of ordering delivery I walked to the restaurant and then around the park after the meal
  • Rooster0504
    Options
    Today instead of winging it I actually tracked my meals here! Turns out I was really off on certain macros, no wonder I wasn't making the progress I hoped for
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Instead of sitting at my desk and eating my lunch, I took a quick 15 minute walk outside :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Instead of driving to the post office, I walked. And hence got in 12,000 steps which is higher than my usual day. Bonus - it was sunny and warm!
  • Ms_LisaKay
    Ms_LisaKay Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Today instead of skipping the gym, we went! Wanted to skip badly, too, but encouraged each other and got in our workouts.
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Instead of the doughnuts I was eyeballing I had two clementines.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Instead of drinking a third beer, I had peanut butter.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Today instead of pottering around the house doing housework and then eventually sitting down with a mug of coffee, I will get at least an hours swimming in.
  • Rooster0504
    Options
    Ms_LisaKay wrote: »
    Today instead of skipping the gym, we went! Wanted to skip badly, too, but encouraged each other and got in our workouts.

Awesome Lisa, same here! Can be so easy to find an excuse when it is this cold and dark out, but we'll be the ones smiling when we get asked "what's your secret?" in the warm sunny months. Keep it up!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Went to an obligatory after work "offsite" meeting where I was handed a Guinness and a whiskey, which I took gladly. After drinking I started to get an idea in my head of grabbing some extra food on the way home to eat before dinner, which I have done often in the past.

Instead, I didn't.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Today on my work breaks and lunch I worked out instead of working through.