any good chatup lines for the gym without seeming like a stalker

Options

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    "I can't help but watch you squat..." Oh wait, you don't want to sound like a stalker. Ok, then make eye contact (when she isn't squatting) and smile. She probably already knows you have a crush on her. We always know.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have girls and guys chat with me at the gym all the time. I just take it as them being friendly. Damn, just go up to her and say a quick hello and compliment her form. No way she'll not be friendly after a nice comp.
  • justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Something short and sweet and if she seems uninterested in chatting, leave it be.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    How about "How are you doing?"

Do this in passing. DO NOT STOP! If she's interested whatsoever, she'll tell you how she's doing and MIGHT ask how you're doing. If she's not, she'll ignore you and you'll save yourself embarrassment from being that guy trying to hook up at the gym if you just keep moving. Whatever you do, don't cry.

Good luck OP
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    Wanna exchange sweat? ;)

And that is why I'm single...
  • Oops_Myhaloslipped
    Oops_Myhaloslipped Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    JackKopCh wrote: »
    Wanna exchange sweat? ;)

And that is why I'm single...
    That would work on me, if it were you ;)
  • Feelgood97
    Feelgood97 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    r u married? :D
  • moisesfgr
    moisesfgr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Use the headphone method. If she has them on by you don't interrupt. If she removes one by you say something. Good or no?
  • Saab_2015
    Saab_2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    some good advice lets see next Thursday at 7pm ... I think it may be full moon too lol.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    *bites nails for update anticipation*
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    Don't. Just don't.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that a lot of women don't wear wedding rings at the gym. So if she's just not into the conversation, it's entirely possible she's already taken, so don't take it too personally.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    "want to see my throwing star collection its sick"
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    Just keep in mind that a lot of women don't wear wedding rings at the gym. So if she's just not into the conversation, it's entirely possible she's already taken, so don't take it too personally.

Wedding rings don't mean a thing these days. lol. For some, yes, for a lot, no.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    "want to see my throwing star collection its sick"

Lmaoooooo
  • Saab_2015
    Saab_2015 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Almost judgement day only 48hoirs left to go not that I'm counting lol
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    Put your earbuds in, put on some music that would embarrass you to death, sing along just loud enough for her to her and get really into it, then once done with the song look her way and see if she is smiling
  • SJunczyk
    SJunczyk Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    ljonesy311 wrote: »
    Put your earbuds in, put on some music that would embarrass you to death, sing along just loud enough for her to her and get really into it, then once done with the song look her way and see if she is smiling

That's not bad advice...but if she is anything like me...I pretty much smile all the time regardless of how people act or sing aloud embarassing herself... Hopefully you can sung a song she loves!!!
  • uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Options
    SJunczyk wrote: »
    ljonesy311 wrote: »

That's not bad advice...but if she is anything like me...I pretty much smile all the time regardless of how people act or sing aloud embarassing herself... Hopefully you can sung a song she loves!!!

People watching can bring smiles, but once a smile happens, your foot is in the door
  • Silentfool
    Silentfool Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    *bites nails for update anticipation*

In and can't wait for thursday and an update