I JUST RAN A MILE!!

Options
in 19:30 ...yeah I know it's not good for you runners..but for like not running a mile in like 3 years it's good to me!
what was your first mile timee?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    AWESOME :):)
  • BREYOUNG
    BREYOUNG Posts: 7
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congrats!! Who cares how long it took, you did it!
  • julest25
    julest25 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done you. Doesn't matter how long it took you did it!
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hats Off to you. WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • kar1ssa
    kar1ssa Posts: 9
    Options
    thankss everyone !
  • spacegirlz
    spacegirlz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WooHoo!!! good job it'll only get easier and better for now and on
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you have to start somewhere.

When I had to run the mile in school (at 280 lbs) I believe it was around 10 minutes (maybe, that was a long time ago). How I started training for running was to set my pace at 30 seconds a lap on a track where 14 laps was a mile. Every week I attempted to go another lap at that pace. Before long was past the 14 lap mark at 260 lbs. I then started my spinning class and never looked back.
  • Divatime
    Divatime Posts: 33
    Options
    That is awesome! That's my goal! Been trying to run a full lap around a college track for the longest but I'll get there! I can only do half running for now an will work my way up to the mile! :)

4115576.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • greengold
    greengold Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! keep track of your time - just so you can see how you improve - not to compare yourself to anyone else. If you keep at it - and even more so, if you do some strength training (lift weights 2-3x/ week) you will improve so fast you will be amazed! Also: I wish I knew when I started that it was also ok to walk - alternate run/walk to increase your distance as well as your physical strength and stamina. It's still running even if you walk part of the time!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!
  • jrp31
    jrp31 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't remember my time but I remember how I felt after I had done it, and I know it feels great! Congratulations! :)
  • HannahBanana65
    Options
    yay!! good job! keep up the good work and pretty soon you will be able to do two!! :)
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Good job! I know how hard it is. I'm pushing myself by signing up for a 5k run in July so I'm trying increase my time. I've been doing like a 14-15 min mile. Today is the first time i've been able to run a mile without stopping and I pushed harder and stopped at 1.5 miles which was extremely hard for me. I did 3 miles in 41.17 minutes today. I think this is my best time yet. My goal is to improve me time with each run. Good luck to you!
  • vanessa_pugs
    Options
    Alright!! Who cares about stinky time anyway! Just knowing you did it is a great accomplishment =)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome.

My first mile back in January took me 25 to 30 minutes. Now I'm down to about 17.
  • mrscone
    mrscone Posts: 17
    Options
    You go girl! I go running with my cage fitness class on Wednesdays. I'm always bringing up the rear but I'm RUNNING! So happy for you and your accomplishment!
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Great job. I don't remember my first mile time. but suffice it to say that it was SLOW. Keep on pushing and let us know when you reach your next milestone.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I started running regularly about three weeks ago after over 4 years of not running at all (I stopped when I was about halfway through my first pregnancy and just never started again!)

I timed myself after a couple runs and the first time was somewhere around 11 minutes? I'm not entirely sure because for that run I didn't really look at my time at the one mile mark. The second time I timed myself was yesterday and I hit my one mile at about 10:30 or so. The first time, my two mile run was in 22:47 and yesterday it was 21:26.

The very first time I ran after my second pregnancy (I ran one time about 5 months ago... bad idea), I didn't even finish a half mile! My joints felt all loose like my whole body was put together wrong. It was awful. I gave up about 6 minutes in and stopped timing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!