Cheat Days?

Options

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you ate up to your 1800 goal regularly, eating 3 bowls of cereal and 2 slices of cake, might not be something you care to do.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Especially because we have no idea what 3 bowls and 2 slices means. This could be a slice:
    wee_little_slice_of_cake_by_InxLovexWithxAxWolf.jpg
    um what is this a booger?
    or this could be a slice;
    20061004-Giant_Slice_of_Cake_2.jpg
    I'll have one of this one, only chocolate please.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Especially because we have no idea what 3 bowls and 2 slices means. This could be a slice:
    wee_little_slice_of_cake_by_InxLovexWithxAxWolf.jpg
    um what is this a booger?
    or this could be a slice;
    20061004-Giant_Slice_of_Cake_2.jpg
    I'll have one of this one, only chocolate please.

if only it were a real cake ;(
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Troll or needs to seek professional help for possible eating disorder. Or at the VERY least learn the proper way to use MFP and the basics of measuring food and weight loss.....
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    hahaha you guys are soo funny.
    My plan is to have 1 day a week I eat whatever I want. Im going to just ensure i workout that day.
    Today I ate 1100 cals, 1 hour of cardio. I am doing great :smiley::smiley: I will not starve to lose weight, I don't want to be Flabby abby lol
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    My plan is to have 1 day a week I eat whatever I want. Im going to just ensure i workout that day.
    Today I ate 1100 cals, 1 hour of cardio. I am doing great :smiley::smiley:I will not starve to lose weight, I don't want to be Flabby abby lol

orly? 1100 calories without eating back the hour of cardio seems like starving to me, especially with roughly 10lbs to lose.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    And here I'm deciding if a 1900 calorie birthday meal is worth it or not... Yeah, eating to hit your daily goal isn't a cheat day
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Today I ate 1100 cals, 1 hour of cardio. I am doing great :smiley::smiley: I will not starve to lose weight, I don't want to be Flabby abby lol

Seriously, if your diaries are accurate, you are totally not eating enough. I can't imagine how you are even losing anything
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • Robbnva
    Options
    I logged 1180, THEN I have had 3 bowels of KIX cereal, with sugar sooo good.

now you have me craving a huge bowl (4/5 servings) of captain crunch
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options

I really hope you didn't have 3 bowels of Kix cereal...funky bowelz
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    monikker wrote: »

I did it was super good, This Sunday its going down.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how you function on so little food?

even with 3 bowls of Kix and a few pieces of birthday cake, I'm pretty sure you'll still be way under your weekly calorie goal.

But, I really think you should learn how to eat more balanced and incorporate some goodies into your diet so you won't go bonkers and inhale the cereal isle at ShopRite...
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1400 calories isn't a cheat day. There is no such thing as cheat days - when you are maintaining, will eating ice cream mean you're cheating?

Eat now how you plan to eat when you are maintaining, just a little bit less. This is a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. It's fine to eat above your calorie goal, you may just lose a bit slower. 1200 calories is quite low for most people and likely unnecessarily low.

eating "clean" means nothing for weight loss. Eat up to your goal, at the very least eat below your maintenance needs every day, to prevent weight gain.
    Eating 1400 when your goal is 1800 isn't 'cheating'. Eat more

This. eat to your caloric goal.

hella this!!

be gone with the clean/unclean. Wash your food like everyone does so it's "clean" and edible and track and have fun and enjoy, whilst hitting Micros and fibre of course!

Best of luck
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    monikker wrote: »

I did it was super good, This Sunday its going down.

:trollface:
  • leslieschoenle
    leslieschoenle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm so Scared, but I will just have to hit the gym more, I guess this week.
    Monday I will work out & Eat Clean. I never eat this much and I have great self control. My goal is to lose 29lbs, I'm half way there. I got 17 more to go.

If you never do this then it sounds like your body is craving it. Eat more honestly. Bump up your net calories to like 1300 and see if that helps. I was at 1200 calories for a year with a regular cheat day and lost 35 pounds. Now since then I've gained some back and in this time of my life I have found that 1350 calories is more doable for me. If you keep getting those cravings then try bumping up your calories 100 at a time. You may just be overly hungry.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Cheat Days has such a negative connotation, try Treat Days instead
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you need to take some time to educate yourself about nutrition and what your body needs

also seek professional help for your ED
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    These posts sound dangerously close to disordered eating

yeah, the OMG DRAMA over some cereal? Whether the amount is of binge quantity or not, the emotional reaction is not reading as healthy. Lots of OOOOO SOOO GOOD and OH NOES swinging all over the place.

And, even if this is just an odd freak-out...the excitement over "I could eat anything for a whole day!!!!" sounds like OP has been starving herself or has major food issues.

Also, do not eat from bowels. it's unsanitary.
  • darlech
    darlech Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories a day, more if I exercise (yes I eat my extra calories)....I also allow myself a cheat day once a week and to be honest I rarely go over 1500 calories on a cheat day. I've been doing MFP for over 2 years and have learned how to incorporate the foods I like in my everyday meals....I eat 5 times a day and drink about 8 glasses of water.

You have to do what works for you, if you crave a sweet or salty snack just be smart about how much of it you eat....and don't beat yourself up about it, tomorrow is a new day!