Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was looking at your blog and went back and read all the prior months, you've come a long way. Loved the pictures while you were out running, you should post some more of those. Looks like things worked out with your work's merger or did you get a new job? We're here to make sure you get through to the 160's! You may want to re-evaluate the goal of 130, your picture looks like you really don't have much more to lose.

Well, I want to slap myself - and you all will to because I really did not put much effort into last week. I knew I was up about 2.5 pounds in water on last weeks weigh in so I coasted instead of getting serious. Hate to say it but I hope somebody (from the other team of course) doesn't weigh in so we don't have to eliminate anybody. Anyway, off to plan the get serious week ahead.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Well so far it looks like I'm on the hot seat for this week. So so so sad about this! Go fat fighters!! I need to stay in this and get out of the dreaded and most hated 170s once and for all!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    We can do this fat fighters!! So, what should we do to keep us motivated and making better choices, which I've been bad at too - I just had some water weight that I knew was easier to take care of.

What are our weaknesses and what can we as a team help each other do to help us stay on the right track and accomplish our goals?

Maybe we can check in on our water consumption? Maybe we can make a commitment to do something that will keep us on the right track - mine is to avoid fast food. We are here to help each other achieve our individual goals, not just win a competition, although that would be nice too :smile:

So, I'd like to request each of us to post what our weaknesses are and to tell us what we could use to help...maybe end each post with something positive too - the positives are much better to end with.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Irishgal, actually right now our team has a higher percentage of weight loss but we only have one yet to weigh in and they have 3 to weigh in, all who could pull some hefty numbers. Keeping fingers crossed!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    So, is it team based, then the lowest percentage from the losing team goes? I haven't looked at those specifics yet.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I was looking at your blog and went back and read all the prior months, you've come a long way. Loved the pictures while you were out running, you should post some more of those. Looks like things worked out with your work's merger or did you get a new job? We're here to make sure you get through to the 160's! You may want to re-evaluate the goal of 130, your picture looks like you really don't have much more to lose.
    Aww - thanks! Yeah, I should take more pictures, I've even got a nice digital camera now, but the problem is when I'm running seriously, stopping to take pictures throws off my run. :ohwell:

Regarding my goal weight - I definitely have a bit more to lose; I just hide it well. :laugh: Seroiusly - If I win, I'll post my before pics (how I look now) and you'll see that I still have plenty of fat around my mid-section and my back that I need to lose. I'm only 5' 3.5", so 130 is a very reasonable goal for me (it's in the middle-upper end of my BMI). Right now I'm technically still "Obese" (I think I get into the overweight category in the low 170s).
    Well, I want to slap myself - and you all will to because I really did not put much effort into last week. I knew I was up about 2.5 pounds in water on last weeks weigh in so I coasted instead of getting serious. Hate to say it but I hope somebody (from the other team of course) doesn't weigh in so we don't have to eliminate anybody. Anyway, off to plan the get serious week ahead.
    Well - all you can do is learn from this, and work harder next week! You can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • mindy71183
    mindy71183 Posts: 74
    Options
    I think our team is looking good! Sorry I haven't been participating as much this week, it has been a crazy week both in my work and personal life.

I definitely need to get motivated to work out, I haven't worked out in a week and I feel it. :(
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Debbie, No worries... You'll do fine next week. I've been kickin' myself too cause I was a 166 on Friday morning but Friday night and Saturday night I indulged in a little too much Whiskey and topped it off with Chips and Dip on Sunday! I got myself back down again and definately learned my lesson. I was super scared this morning stepping on the scale! Next week will be much better:wink:

Trent, I am 5 foot 2 and 3/4 so my goal is the same as you! I am considered obese too, I don't feel obese nor do I think (or have ever been told) I look obese but the numbers say I am. I have roles around my stomach and my thighs are on the larger side but I've been able to hide it pretty well. My purpose here is not to be some super hot swimsuit model, it is to be healthy and feel better about myself. I have 4 kids that depend on me.. i don't want to be that sickly mom who can't take care of her family because she has so many health issues due to being overweight. So any advice you have please keep me posted cause it sounds like we are in the same boat:smile:

Shammrock, I stuggle with finding time to exercise. Last night I had my mind set to exercise at least 20 minutes but I was interrupted 4 times during that 20 minutes! I also have a hard time with adult social time... we always seam to over indulge in our drinking. I am doing much better with that though. In fact, I poured a glass of wine last night and half of it is still sitting on my dresser this morning :bigsmile:
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Losing team will eliminate one person with the lowest percentage of body weight.

The person with the highest percentage of weight loss gets an advantage for the next week.

That was from the first page of the other thread so if our team total percentage is higher even though they may lose more than their team would lose. However, I think the rules also say if somebody does not weigh in they are automatically eliminated and then the losing team does not have to vote anybody off.

IF we do lose, I think we should ask to have a "by' week because we started out with one less person and 300 less pounds. :bigsmile:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Sounds like a good request...

April, I also have a hard time with exercising. I find the time at night, after my kids go to bed usually, although I can do it before they go to bed. I only have a few hours at night and its usually running around, cooking, eating, cleaning, whatever...that I have a hard time fitting it in before they go to bed at 9:30...then I'm tired. I use sleep as an excuse far too often! That's why things like the shred work well for me. It gives me certain days to do certain things. So, I bought turbo fire and from what I understand (I haven't received it yet) there is a schedule to follow. I hope I'm able to keep up. On the drinking - leaving half of one glass of wine sounds sucessful. Sometimes we just need the drinks, so don't feel bad. I'd like some wine more often than I drink it but I feel like the calories are wasted - I much prefer food.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    IF we do lose, I think we should ask to have a "by' week because we started out with one less person and 300 less pounds. :bigsmile:

Technically it doesn't matter how many people we have - since it's based on % of weight loss - we (as a group) actually have less to lose (in actual pounds) than they do to be equal, since our starting weight is lower.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    Hello, I'm not talking logic here, just trying to save our butts. :laugh:
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options

:laugh: Sorry - can't help it, I'm an accountant!! :laugh:
  • irishgal44
    Options

:laugh: Sorry - can't help it, I'm an accountant!! :laugh:

Love, love, love it! Hahahahaha! Love our group! Wish I had a way to chat more since I am just using my phone but have to say I love our team. Great personalities, humor and lots of ambition. Heart!

I run when the kids nap and sometimes but rarely at night. I have things printed off in my workout area to encourage me (will take a picture on post for u guys to see sometime). And mfp friends like u encourage me. I love to eat and so it is a must for me. I also want to do p90x and will not until I hit 159. So I am trying so hard for that! And my children keep me going as well as knowing my dad has type II diabetes from not taking care of himself (I am so much like him...but. refuse to follow his weight struggles through my life). Thts what keeps me going. Oh....and my hubby and our one on one time. Wowza...much more awesome 50 plus pounds less!
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I think we're only waiting for Evatryst to weigh in, come on EVA!!
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Whooo Hoooo... We did great! Debbie almost had 'em for top loser too, Great Job Debbie:flowerforyou: ! Keep up the good work team:drinker: :
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Hey, ya know what I just noticed.... We have a teammate that has never posted on this thread. Does Heather know we have a team thread?
  • irishgal44
    Options
    Crap I dnt know...heather is the BOMB! Love her! I would send her the link if I had a working laptop (only phone). Could someone do that?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    Crap I dnt know...heather is the BOMB! Love her! I would send her the link if I had a working laptop (only phone). Could someone do that?
    I just sent her a message about the thread but how do I send her the link? Just copy/paste from browser?
  • mindy71183
    mindy71183 Posts: 74
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! :)

I am going away this weekend (for a much needed girls weekend with my good friends from college). I know we will probably eat out a lot so I am stressing about that (both of my gfs weigh under 115 lbs. and they can eat anything and not gain weight, jealous!)

I was debating not going this weekend, because my MIL is not in the best health, but she insisted I go and have fun for her. I am going to be logging onto MFP from my phone so I can keep myself accountable. I know we will be going hiking if the weather permits so that will be great cardio!

Great job everyone and hopefully next week I can break into the 170s!!!!