Skinny Miserably?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm happy with my weight, but I'm miserable with how restrictive I have to be to maintain it, and how hungry I am pretty much every time I allow myself a treat, which is pretty ridiculous for someone who's supposed to eat at maintenance and has a 2200 TDEE.

Before losing weight, I was miserable for reasons that are still the same today, and because I had bad image issues because of my weight (and my teeth, but they're almost fixed as well now).

So... obviously the non weight related issues are still here, the bad image issues are mostly gone (still hate all the loose skin though) but got traded for hunger and frustration because I can't eat what I want all the time.

I guess it is a different kind of miserable, and you have to decide what is worth more to you.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    When I was breastfeeding, I got below 150 pounds and just got REALLY CRANKY. I found every time I got below that weight I had to be extremely careful to keep my blood sugar up or I was impossible to live with.

That's actually why I set my goal weight to 150 (it's also my recommended weight). However, I dropped below it this time (I'm now 147) without problems. I've been very careful to always eat regular meals, I have a planned snack in the evening, and I recognize the signs of low blood sugar.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Could be a combo of factors all mentioned above. Sleep, blood sugar, eating enough, exercising could all be at play. Also, attitude of course. When I was think I had crankiness issues, but totally unrelated to my weight. Good luck!
  • cathyleabo
    Options
    Get a checkup, get your hormone and blood sugar levels checked. Loosing significant weight causes many physical changes besides size.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You have TERRIBLE nutrition is why.

Eat smaller meals and snacks every 2-3 hours.
    Eat less than 150 carbs per day.
    EAT breakfast and lunch.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

EAT breakfast and lunch.

The irony is ironic.

That is deep bro.
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @MrM27 Do not talk in riddles... what is your point oh wise one?
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When i was eating 1200 calories a day, there were times i was moody and always feeling crabby, and it pissed people off. After i eat a big meal though, mybwhole attitude changes and i become happier. I guess the extra energy is all i needed hahaha. It seems like you're undereating, though!
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    @MrM27 Do not talk in riddles... what is your point oh wise one?

That you call out the OP saying he has terrible nutrition but then claim he should eat every 2-3 hours, eat less than 150g of carbs and eat breakfast and lunch when none of that has anything to do with eating properly.

You make claims but no proof.

I said nutrition NOT diet. It is ALL about eating properly.

OP please message me if you want more info. Too late at night.
  • Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options

EAT breakfast and lunch.

True maintaining for me, is all been about occasionally skipping meals, but actually even that I DO eat lunch or breakfast, I tend to add in everything I've eaten in 1 or 2 categories, I count anything else besides dinner, a "Snack", in the end of the day, all ends up the same score.

Probably just the hassle of having to find food again on the database just because you eat the same thing for breakfast than you did in yesterday's lunch.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

EAT breakfast and lunch.

Meal timing /= nutrition.

Just saying.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Honestly I'm happy with my weight, but I'm miserable with how restrictive I have to be to maintain it, and how hungry I am pretty much every time I allow myself a treat, which is pretty ridiculous for someone who's supposed to eat at maintenance and has a 2200 TDEE.

Before losing weight, I was miserable for reasons that are still the same today, and because I had bad image issues because of my weight (and my teeth, but they're almost fixed as well now).

So... obviously the non weight related issues are still here, the bad image issues are mostly gone (still hate all the loose skin though) but got traded for hunger and frustration because I can't eat what I want all the time.

I guess it is a different kind of miserable, and you have to decide what is worth more to you.

I get like this, too. But every time I go off my eating plan and get into the cookies and ice cream, I notice I have no energy and I feel really depressed. I don't know if the food affects my mood or if going off my eating plan did it, and I don't care, I just know I feel better about everything overall when I don't cave for cookies. But yeah, sometimes I get angry that I can't sit down with good old Ben and Jerry and all the Keebler elves and just eat myself into a sugar coma. I have to remind myself that the next morning I'm going to feel terrible if I give in.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Spiderkeys wrote: »

EAT breakfast and lunch.

True maintaining for me, is all been about occasionally skipping meals, but actually even that I DO eat lunch or breakfast, I tend to add in everything I've eaten in 1 or 2 categories, I count anything else besides dinner, a "Snack", in the end of the day, all ends up the same score.

Probably just the hassle of having to find food again on the database just because you eat the same thing for breakfast than you did in yesterday's lunch.

wow still complaining about being slim I see...perhaps your weight has nothing to do with your feelings and it's all your internal dialogue and you need therapy.

and for those who think I am being harsh, I've been gone from the forums for about 3 months and when I left he was posting pretty much the same thing....so not much has changed I see.

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Speaking from personal experience:

Grouchy that magical rainbow unicorns haven't come to fix my life since I hit goal weight

Crap do you mean that when I have met my goal there are no unicorns. That's it, I'm having beer and poutine for dinner! I was only doing this for the unicorns!!

0ov06bzu3ffc.jpg

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

I get like this, too. But every time I go off my eating plan and get into the cookies and ice cream, I notice I have no energy and I feel really depressed. I don't know if the food affects my mood or if going off my eating plan did it, and I don't care, I just know I feel better about everything overall when I don't cave for cookies. But yeah, sometimes I get angry that I can't sit down with good old Ben and Jerry and all the Keebler elves and just eat myself into a sugar coma. I have to remind myself that the next morning I'm going to feel terrible if I give in.

Hahaha! Your phrasing here made me laugh. And, your sentiment is correct: sometimes it feels like it's hard work staying within our calorie and macro ranges, but the alternative of eating something that makes us feel good for a few minutes and then poorly for many hours afterwards isn't worth it, IMHO.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Spiderkeys wrote: »

EAT breakfast and lunch.

wow still complaining about being slim I see...perhaps your weight has nothing to do with your feelings and it's all your internal dialogue and you need therapy.

and for those who think I am being harsh, I've been gone from the forums for about 3 months and when I left he was posting pretty much the same thing....so not much has changed I see.

I was unaware of the poster history, so thanks for filling us in. In light of this information I'd say that for the OP it is probably less a case of not enough calories and/or nutrition and more the case of believing the well-circulated myth that once we hit our goal weight we will be magically happy. Subconsciously I think a lot of people still believe this.

Or, maybe it's the thought that after all the hard work it took to change habits and lifestyle to lose weight it seems overwhelming to start another habit and lifestyle change to fix other aspects of our life? IDK.