Almond meal

Options
jennbo83
jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
I found a turkey meatball recipe that uses almond meal in place of breadcrumbs. The recipe looks good, although I've never cooked with almond meal before. Actually I had never even heard of it. :|
Is it good? What else can it be used as a substitute for?

Replies

• ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    almond meal is absolutely delicious! go for it!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You could make your almond meal by just throwing some almonds into a food processor since it's just ground up almonds or use regular breadcrumbs.
  • 503Fit15
    Options
    I use it as pie crust, quiche crust, as bread crumbs for chicken and shrimp- it's awesome stuff.
  • nono706
    nono706 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in non dairy milks, almond meal is a by-product of homemade almond milk. It's extremely easy to make.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Almond meal can be used to substitute anything with breadcrumbs. I use it all the time. In meatballs or meatloaf, I have never been able to notice a difference in texture or flavor. It works great as breading too.
  • Foxglove89
    Foxglove89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    jennbo83 wrote: »
    I found a turkey meatball recipe that uses almond meal in place of breadcrumbs. The recipe looks good, although I've never cooked with almond meal before. Actually I had never even heard of it. :|

Would you be willing to share your recipe for turkey meatballs?
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Foxglove89 wrote: »
    jennbo83 wrote: »

Would you be willing to share your recipe for turkey meatballs?

I made these! They turned out pretty good!

http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-turkey-paleo-meatballs-476871