• WishesOnTheStar
    WishesOnTheStar Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    this thread needs more pics
  • angelunchained5
    angelunchained5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    In addition to some of these good answers:

Bra size is proportional. So in pop culture we like to refer to things as like, "a D cup" as if that is a static thing. But it's actually in relation to the band measurement.

And bra sizes have sister sizes, because they are proportional.

A woman with a 38D is very similar to a woman with a 36DD or a 40C. And if you wear a 38D, and lose a bit of weight, 36DD will be the next one you'd try on, then maybe 36D. Doubtful you'll get to 36C, as that's actually quite a change in *proportion*.

Usually, as band size goes up 1, cup goes down one. As band size shrinks 1, cup goes up 1.

And on top of that, popular retailers are actually using a wonky sizing method. If you ever go into a boutique where they sell bras using the better sizing method, your number will seem crazy to you. And the big chains aren't sized exactly the same across stores, or even across lines.

Depending on how I gain/lose, I can be a 32DDD, 34DD, 36D (where I'm at now). That's just me proportionally getting smaller. And I would be smaller, at 32DDD, even though like, wow, 3 Ds!

So all this to say... you don't know how you will lose fat (proportionally or not) or when it will come off what areas of your body. But the letter isn't probably something you should focus on too much because it's actually pretty much the most inaccurate and least important thing to look at to judge how your breasts are changing.

Get fitted often, especially if you're losing a lot. Measure yourself. Take photos. And keep your old bras for cup comparisons.

Great advice thank you! I will be more dilligent with my measuring. Should be an interesting journey for sure! :)
  • angelunchained5
    Options
    A Boob man I'm guessing?

• SusanDLP
    SusanDLP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine never get much smaller with weight loss. I am having a reduction on 3/20!! DDDs to B. So excited.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    mine never did get smaller(hallelujah been working out almost 3 years) ,just one band size smaller but thats it. But then again I dont have much to lose on top so lol
    ;)
    lol I went from a 38 B to a 36 B. like I said I dont have much to lose on top that is why Im glad I didnt.

• davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Mine were the first to go :( I miss them.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Tempting :P
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My body slims out..my butt is in a small however my breasts are still a D cup??? :(

Gift horses and whatnot.
  • fabianmendez93
    fabianmendez93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    why would you want them smaller?! Many women want surgery cause theirs are to small! :/
  • SusanDLP
    SusanDLP Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You may want them smaller if you have huge grooves on your shoulders, migraines and constant back pain. Not to mention wearing 3 sports bras. And wearing a size 8 on bottom and never finding a dress that fits.
  • CherokeeBabe
    edited February 2015
    Options
    why would you want them smaller?! Many women want surgery cause theirs are to small! :/

Some also want surgery for them being too big. My mom and sister both had breast reductions and are both still well over a D cup even after the procedure. Sometimes they are uncomfortable, even painful, cause back, neck and shoulder pain, etc. I have back issues and frequent shoulder blade pain from mine, possibly due to their size in relation to my generally small frame. Sports bras are my best friends even when lounging at home.
  • angelunchained5
    Options
    Until you lived with large breasts...you can't understand ;)
  • angelunchained5
    Options

Some also want surgery for them being too big. My mom and sister both had breast reductions and are both still well over a D cup even after the procedure. Sometimes they are uncomfortable, even painful, cause back, neck and shoulder pain, etc. I have back issues and frequent shoulder blade pain from mine, possibly due to their size in relation to my generally small frame. Sports bras are my best friends even when lounging at home.[/quote

That is so true! Yes sports bras are wonderful aren't they? :)
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options

Some also want surgery for them being too big. My mom and sister both had breast reductions and are both still well over a D cup even after the procedure. Sometimes they are uncomfortable, even painful, cause back, neck and shoulder pain, etc. I have back issues and frequent shoulder blade pain from mine, possibly due to their size in relation to my generally small frame. Sports bras are my best friends even when lounging at home.

I prefer going without them when I can, but that hasn't been an option many days, too much bouncing and things start to get ouchy.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

cant-find-any-moar-pic-just-skeet-to-this-one.jpg
  • angelunchained5
    Options

I prefer going without them when I can, but that hasn't been an option many days, too much bouncing and things start to get ouchy.

Very true! It is nice to be bra free when possible....but the sports bra is necessary once up and going.
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    This thread is full of win. God bless you @cherokeebabe
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    the thing i find annoying are those tops or dresses clearly made for smaller-chested women or that don't make wearing a bra reasonable...the suggestion to go without is really laughable from the perspective of comfort and decency
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    Ok? And?
  • CherokeeBabe
    Options
    winf wrote: »
    This thread is full of win. God bless you @cherokeebabe

I missed something apparently, what the heck did I do? :open_mouth: