Any recipes for chicken breasts

Options
Im trying to eat more chicken but need some suggestions for a good rub, marinade, or any seasoning suggestions for boneless skinless chicken breasts. But please, nothing too complicated, I'm a culinary handicap. Thank you so much

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    My advice is, go for bone-in skin-on, and take off the skin when you eat it. Skin-on is cheaper and the meat turns out more tender when you cook it.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i only eat the breast without skin and bone.. i usually brush them with red or green pesto and top with ground seeds .. pumpkin/linseed/sunflower ..whatevers to hand.. bake in oven uncovered for 40minutes.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    I like to grill them with a low salt southwest seasoning, then slice them up into a salad with lots of vegetables and nuts.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Chicken is delicious. Sometimes I bake them and top with lunch ham and cheese during the last ten minutes (poor man's chicken cordon bleu) - pan fry first just to brown them, usually I pan fry them and put them with something. Many will disagree, but if you don't serve chicken every single night, if you put a little butter in the pan, there really isn't a need to get complicated with chicken. I *love* cheese melted over pan-fried chicken, and it's not bad on calories! Make different sides to spruce it up and keep the chicken the same for a while. Add more chicken to the Voila stir fry you have in the pan. Make chicken salad with the leftovers. Do the pat-dry, egg, bread crumbs thing. Nommy. I love chicken.
  • slondro
    slondro Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat chicken breast all the time--it's so versatile and is great for protein!

I have a few mainstay recipes that are quick and easy, as I'm usually in a rush to eat as well! Here are two I like:

Faux-Indian Chicken: Cut a suitable portion (150 grams or so?) of boneless, skinless chicken breast into strips, season lightly with salt, pepper, and curry powder (I use a sodium-free product from Simply Organic) on both sides, and marinate in lemon juice (10-15 grams) for 5-10 minutes. You can prepare your side dishes while it marinates. Then pour it into a frying pan with just a drop of oil and cook it through.

Faux-Mexican Chicken: Mix a drop (~2g) of olive oil, ~15 grams of lime or lemon juice, and a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, ground cumin, and oregano in a bowl. Cut a suitable portion of boneless, skinless chicken breast into strips and swish it around your spice mixture. Let it marinate for 5-10 minutes, then pour it straight onto your frying pan with no extra oil and cook it through. Top with salsa and a dollop of yogurt!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I take boneless, skinless chicken breasts, drizzle them with a little olive oil and whatever seasonings I feel like, and bake it in the oven. Yum!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jyogit wrote: »
    i only eat the breast without skin and bone.. i usually brush them with red or green pesto and top with ground seeds .. pumpkin/linseed/sunflower ..whatevers to hand.. bake in oven uncovered for 40minutes.

(*)
  • MacroNutrientBlog
    Options
    Try Derek Howes recipes. Since I found his website getting protein and especially chicken become very easy.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Someone in one of my groups just posted this, which looks incredible:

http://rachelschultz.com/2012/07/11/worlds-best-chicken/
  • nicolemtracy
    nicolemtracy Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Last night I took a meat mallet (you could easily use a rolling pin) and pounded the breasts between a layer of plastic wrap until they were about 1/2" thick (in hind sight I would have gone 1/4") I then layered two strips of bacon, about a teaspoon pesto and a slice of mozzarella cheese. I rolled then up, stuck a couple toothpicks in to keep them closed, then dipped them in a whisked egg them rolled them in almond flour. Bake at 400 (in a foil lined and greased pan) until both chicken and insides reach 165 (about 35-40 mins), remove toothpicks and serve. (each breast is two servings) Super tasty and lots of flavor. It was a huge hit in my house and I'll definitely make them again. :)
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Here's a really simple recipe for a slow cooker chicken taco bowl. Its a new favorite. budgetbytes.com/2011/07/taco-chicken-bowls/>
  • Acoust1c
    Options
    I eat boneless, skinless chicken breasts all the time! All I do is put it in a pan, squeeze a whole lemon (raw) in the pan and just let it cook in the juice on low-medium heat, add some salt and lemon pepper to it and done! So simple and tastes good :) Basically my go to meal everyday.
  • gusinott
    gusinott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I posted this recipe in another thread. Made it this week; doubled up on the ingredients, so as to have a few dinners this week and froze the rest for later. It's really good, and forgiving as far as ingredients are concerned, since you can add or delete some or adjust amounts to your liking.

EDIT: I didn't have quinoa with mine, just a salad, and it was still filling.
    gusinott wrote: »
    I found this great recipe for Curried Chicken en papillotes (in parchment paper packets). This is for 4 servings, so just double the recipe, and you'll have some leftovers for a couple of lunches. I eat mine with some quinoa (original recipe calls for naan bread) and a salad. Ingredients can be adjusted to suit tastes; it's not spicy, it's very tasty, and it's very high in protein. Super easy, super fast.

400.00 g, Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (or dark meat)
    1.00 tbsp Arrowroot Powder (or all-purpose flour)
    1.00 tbsp Honey
    2.00 tsps Curry powder
    2.00 tsps Paprika
    1.00 tsps Turmeric, ground
    1.00 tsps Ginger, ground
    1.00 dash table Salt (I use salt substitute -- low sodium diet)
    1.00 dash Black Pepper
    175.00g, 0% Fat (or your choice) Plain Greek Yogurt
    Water (to thin out, if desired)

1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
    2. Prepare 4 (or 8, if doubling recipe) sheets of parchment paper, 10"x12" approximately.
    3. Mix all ingredients, except chicken, in large bowl.
    4. Cut chicken in 1/2 inch slices. Dump in bowl, and thoroughly mix with sauce.
    5. Place equivalent of 1 chicken breast in the middle of each sheet of parchment, making sure they are all well smothered in sauce.
    6. Fold paper over and firmly seal the edges, forming a sort of half-moon shape. Steam must not escape during baking.
    7. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
    8. Cooked packets will keep in fridge a couple of days, or in freezer up to 3 months (in freezer bag).

Original recipe listed 235 calories per serving, but by making adjustments, I brought it down to 170 cals, with still 29g of protein and only 2g of fat.

Hope you enjoy this! :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love chicken. I could just cut it up, sauté with Olive oil salt and pepper, and eat it like that.

But I don't because my boyfriend would not approve. Too plain for him.

I like to do the above but add veggies, black beans and salsa.

Make pasta with it. An easy pasta is to just use Italian dressing as the "sauce" and add chopped tomatoes peas and feta. That was my "I suck at cooking" meal for a long time. Tasted good cold too for leftovers. Like a pasta salad with chicken.

Stir fry. You can just buy a premade jar if sauce if you don't feel comfortable making it.

Bake the chicken breasts with sauted garlic and a little brown sugar rubbed on them.

So many more options..

• ruggedshutter
    ruggedshutter Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If you hit up your spice racks in the grocery stores you can find some good lemon and garlic, rotisserie and italian seasonings. There are a ton of different mixes worth trying. Emeril's has a good all purpose seasoning for all meats. Check your area for a spice shop as well. We have some in our area that sell herbs and spices loose by the bag and they can mix just about anything that you want.
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Our staple is marinating chicken in Italian dressing and throwing it on the grill.
  • pchenley
    pchenley Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe for skinless boneless chicken that we really like.

In a large skillet, place frozen or fresh skinless chicken breast cut in thirds lengthwise. Top with about half of a medium chopped onion, sprinkle with garlic powder, and 1/4 c. chopped green bell pepper. Cover and let cook until chicken has turned white all the way through. Add 2 cans of rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer and simmer approximately 1/2 hr. (optional: top with 2% cheddar cheese)

Yummy and low fat, low calorie!

I make the whole recipe. My family likes this also. I can also have left overs the next day. I think it's even better the next day!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle dried rosemary on a roasting pan, lay out your boneless, skinless breasts, sprinkle the tops with more rosemary and a slice of lemon, and bake.
  • mindyc2011
    mindyc2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has tons of chicken recipes that are easy, including some great crockpot ideas!