Intimacy Workout??

Options
bunnywestley81
bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
OK, scrolling through activities on Map My Walk and came across Intimacy...its below Insanity which I know is a DVD set thing...It it what I think it is? Can I finally add in my bedroom (or not) activites as exercise?!

I am somewhat miffed MFP doesn't have it as an exercise option. I used to use a similar paid for site years ago and that had it on...even gave you 3 levels of intensity!! Heh Heh!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    heheheheh

My fitbit flex used to log intimacy workouts

But I downgraded to a Zip so I could clip it to my bra .. so that doesn't happen any more

• bunnywestley81
    Options
    To be fair i think going "hang on a sec..." and starting the timer might be a little bit of a passion killer...

• Bugdude54
    Bugdude54 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hah. When we first got our fitbit hr my wife would check heart rates. It was hilarious.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    this has been brought up a bunch, unless you do some very athletic moves intimacy doesn't really burn enough calories to be worth logging
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    this has been brought up a bunch, unless you do some very athletic moves intimacy doesn't really burn enough calories to be worth logging

yabbut swinging from the chandelier doesn't log on a fitbit
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Normal daily activities shouldn't be logged.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Normal daily activities shouldn't be logged.

show-off
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

so I can't log the reverse dragon….?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Pictures or it doesn't count!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Pictures or it doesn't count!
    Toothless-how-to-train-your-dragon-34911310-200-200.gif
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    LOL, y'all are a mess.
  • bunnywestley81
    Options
    I dunno tho...isn't exercise meant to be something that increases the heart rate? Breathing rate? Works up a sweat?

I agree if ur staring at the ceiling thinking of england that's not gonna be much of a burn...but if ur doing it more enthusiastically?

To be fair, i like to log everything as I'm interested, helps me work out how much moving i do, but i do think some things are wildly overestimated...i only take into account 50% of specific exercise so it makes no odds to me really...interesting topic to debate tho :p

• bunnywestley81
    Options
    And i really want (or don't want) to know how a reverse dragon works...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I mistakenly logged this activity once before everyone told me it popped up on my wall for everyone to see. Awkward. Anyway, I since learned that it's basically going to count into the average weekly activity overall, or not be so huuugely strenuous that it needs to be logged as a serious exercise. 2-3 hours of non-stop moving, perhaps yes, but something on the lower side can probably be skipped ;)
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Speak for yourself; I find England to be very exciting and enthusiasm-worthy. ;) Hahaha.

I think wearing my HRM during such activities would be a mood killer.

Edited to add: Now I'm going to spend all night craving .. but I'll never look at them the same way again. (Warning: Risque!)
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It used to be an exercise you could log. I didn't know they got rid of it. There is also couples yoga. Check it out on pinterest. Pretty steamy stuff.
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    well this forum woke me up!!
  • bunnywestley81
    Options
    Maybe they got rid of it cuz people didn't like it popping up on their walls! Would be a little like just putting on there "I JUST GOT SOME!!!!" I guess...
  • stucross1987
    stucross1987 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Does anywhere show "self intimacy"? :#
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

yabbut swinging from the chandelier doesn't log on a fitbit

And I just spit my watermelon across the dashboard.

I will not Google, I will not Google, I will not.... oh who am I kidding, I will!

Does anywhere show "self intimacy"? :#

Not sure if I should be happy or sad about this.

On a side note: I had to start taking my fitbit flex off in the bedroom because it was recording steps I was not taking (everytime my wrist moved).