Any tips of a tighter, fitter figure?

Options
2»

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    paulahope2 wrote: »
    Has anybody got any tips and/or tricks to help achieve an athletic figure?

Become an athlete.....seriously.

Strength training (with progressive load barbell routines like Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5, or even some body weight routines like NerdFitness or You Are Your Own Gym) paired with some level of cardio conditioning will help.

If you can find a group sport club on campus you can use that as a motivating factor to get out and get fit. My local university has a powerlifting club, boxing club, rugby club and a boat load of other groups. That would also be a great place to learn what others do and potentially let you meet a workout buddy or two.

There are no "tricks" to achieving an athletic figure. It comes down to hard work in the gym, making sure your diet is up to par in relation to your weight and fitness goals, and consistency in both.
  • paulahope2
    Options
    wyattj99 wrote: »
    Fitness Blender free on You tube!
    Really have to check this program out!!
  • paulahope2
    Options
    for home workout, I def recommend Beach Body's Les Mills Pump. It comes with weights and the bar and focuses on some upper body stuff but lots of squats and lunges. It's awesome and has great music.

Anywhere in particular to get it? Do they have a website or is it something I can find on eBay etc?
  • paulahope2
    Options
    LuckyMunky wrote: »
    Lift! Lift! Lift! I actually just started New Rules of Lifting for Women and it's a good program. It's about 6 months long and starts you out slow so your body has time to adjust. Eat a lot of protein to help your muscles repair and get stronger. You might not lose weight, but you'll lose a lot of inches and you'll feel healthier. It also has a meal plan and a detailed section on specific exercises. You can get it off amazon for about $15. If you're in college, you're probably already paying a rec fee as part of your student fees and can get free access to the school gym. That's what I do!

Oh seriously?? I'll have to look into that!!
  • paulahope2
    Options
    jstout365 wrote: »
    paulahope2 wrote: »
    Has anybody got any tips and/or tricks to help achieve an athletic figure?

Become an athlete.....seriously.

Strength training (with progressive load barbell routines like Starting Strength or StrongLifts 5x5, or even some body weight routines like NerdFitness or You Are Your Own Gym) paired with some level of cardio conditioning will help.

If you can find a group sport club on campus you can use that as a motivating factor to get out and get fit. My local university has a powerlifting club, boxing club, rugby club and a boat load of other groups. That would also be a great place to learn what others do and potentially let you meet a workout buddy or two.

There are no "tricks" to achieving an athletic figure. It comes down to hard work in the gym, making sure your diet is up to par in relation to your weight and fitness goals, and consistency in both.

Wow!! What uni do you go to? I wish my uni had all of that!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of body weight exercises you can do at home. I made a free weight routine and added pushups, squats and situps. I'm limited due to a knee injury, but there's a large variety out there.
  • paulahope2
    Options
    There are a lot of body weight exercises you can do at home. I made a free weight routine and added pushups, squats and situps. I'm limited due to a knee injury, but there's a large variety out there.

Firstly, your name is amazing I can totally relate!! I'm so hangry it's ridiculous!!!! Oh no!! I hope you're knee is alright!! Good on you for not quitting!! It was a hamstring injury that got me out of my first attempt!! Was only doing cardio then and even that hurt my leg! I'm a sook haha!!