Water bottle suggestions please!

Options

Replies

• PurpleJellyean
    PurpleJellyean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, thanks a million fort your thoughtful responses. I have linked all the brands you like so we'll see!
  • ilovethelaw07
    Options
    I just bought a cup with a lid and a straw for about $10 at Target, and it has been the greatest thing...I swear having a straw makes it easier for me to keep drinking my water!
  • PurpleJellyean
    PurpleJellyean Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    fort=for =P

PS: I had NO idea water bottles could be co complicated and raise so many issues.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have a Camebak 750ml and it helps me get my water in for the day...drinking from a plain water bottle just doesn't work for me, but add a straw and it goes quick! Good luck!

THIS

I have a Pink one sitting right next to me. LOVE it, use it all the time!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Saccharin has been shown to cause cancer in animal models,

the animals in the studies were fed EXCLUSIVELY saccharin. Not a valid study IMHO.

I can prove water is poison if I drink enough of it all at once...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    The best water bottle is the one you like and will cause you to use it the most often. I like my 32 ounce water bottles from Tupperware, they come in pretty colors, purple, blue and green.
  • kmb2522
    kmb2522 Posts: 48
    Options
    I have a rubbermaid one it's 32 oz. I drink atleast 8 of them a day I just fill it up throughtout the day. If I have a smaller bag though I have a 24oz one. Both are from Target for about 10 bucks. My rooommate has a really cool one from Target it has a straw that pops up its 24oz
  • greeneyedwitch
    Options
    You could probably go on Amazon.com and find one......they seem to have everything!

I had a water bottle that held exactly 64 oz of water.....bought it at Walmart. I carried it all over the place at work. Not long after that I had almost everyone of my co-workers carrying water bottles around with them. It was a good reminder to drink water when I saw others drinking.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I found some at Wal Mart. It was a 4 pack for $10. They aren't anything special, but they're 20oz bottles (I like 20oz since I'm mathematically challenged.. and it makes it easier to count what I've had that day...lol), BPA free, dishwasher and freezer safe. :)
  • elizwelshman
    elizwelshman Posts: 136
    Options
    I bought these last month for my husband. I thought they were pretty cool because when there's nothing left in the bottle you can fold it up, stick it in your pocket (purse, bag, what ever you might be using), and bring it home to wash it out. He likes them a lot :smile:

http://www.reuseit.com/store/playtpus-softbottle-with-pushpull-closeout-p-3282.html
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love the plain old Rubbermaid flip-top bottles. I got a six-pack at BJs (wholesale club like Costco) and they're BPA-free and cheap enough so that when my inner dumbass kicks in and I lose one or two of them at the park, it's no big deal.

http://waterclue.com/image-files/Rubbermaid-water-bottle.jpg
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    bump
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I have a Sigg bottle. Its purple with pink heart made up of all sorts of cute little signs. My daughter has a little kid one, pink with a circus on it.

Sigg bottles are great, they are coated aluminum and they sell optional tablets that you can use to clean the bottle, and brushes. The tablets must have mint flavoring in them because once I pour out the water and add fresh it tastes soo good and minty.

The only downside is they are not cheap.
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I love my Nalgene bottle - I got it on amazon. It has a wide neck - good for ice AND makes it easy to clean. It has no straw - because I hate to clean them. A flip top that is fairly spill proof, but I wont put it upside down in a backpack or anything. I suggest you think of the features you want and look around. But, having a good water bottle, that you will use - is essential to getting your water in.

I liked mine so much I bought a second one and now i just alternate every day.

http://www.amazon.com/NALGENE-Tritan-BPA-Free-Bottle-Spring/dp/B001NCDE6G/ref=sr_1_16?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1305160615&sr=1-16
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    My hubby swears by kleen Kanteen
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I'm a Nalgene kind of girl. I have the 32 oz bottle with the wide mouth, screw on lid. The bottle is good and thick. I drop it constantly. The screw on (attached) lid is good because I can throw it in my bag and know it will not leak.
  • cmisty2001
    cmisty2001 Posts: 59
    Options
    www.flylady.net has a double walled stainless steel that i love. Comes in two sizes - I use the smaller size for drinking my milk traveling to work in the a.m. and the larger for ice water. doesn't sweat and keeps ice for a longer time than my second favorite Nalagen bottle. The nalagen is a nice 32 oz and is my go to hiking/canoeing bottle due to volume. The stainless steel is 16 oz so it's my home/work/around town bottle since I can more easily fill it up. i had a Camel bottle but didn't care for the mouth piece tho' a co-worker likes hers better than a nalagen.

All are BPA free.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Target carries these great lightweight aluminum bottles that hold about 24 oz. They are dishwasher and freezer safe... And much better for the environment that any sort of plastic. Also very durable. And pretty.

I have an awesome pink one like what you described that I got at walmart!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm totally the antagonist......I haven't seen any obituaries lately that say this woman died from drinking out a plastic bottle. i use a cellphone every day and i still don't have a brain tumor from that either. just saying :)

lol! You made me laugh!
  • mshealy
    mshealy Posts: 36
    Options
    I have a 24 oz camelbak. I LOVE it. It seriously helps me drink more water and it has the measurments on the bottle!!! I got it at Target for $11. Its BPA free also!!!