any advice :(

Options
OK here goess I'm a twenty year old female I'm 5ft 6 I think lol ive went from being 7.6 stone after my first child to 9.7 after my second child I havemanaged to get to 8.8 stone with weight watchers but can't loose any more and I'm just not toning up I do a past paced 40 min walk everyday 50 mins of hula hoop 5 times a day but still can't loose or tone up any advice I'm pathetic at push ups or sit ups I have no coordination but I am starting to attempt lunges at squats Lil any advice is better than none thanks

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    lunges, squats, pushups planks, wall sits, tricep dips, etc. are great. Still do cardio as well, but add some strength training in there. Weights are great too if you have access to them. Google body weight exercises.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Lets start here:

Are you currently tracking your calories?
    How many calories are you eating?
    How are you measuring your food? Food scale? Measuring cups & spoons? Or eyeballing portion sizes?
    Are you logging your exercise and eating back any of the extra calories the site gives you? If so, could you share how many calories you're eating back for those exercises?
    Would you be willing to open your diary for us to take a look?
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    Please note I meant hula hoop 5 times a week not a day lol and please no nasty comments we all have different body's and since my second child I still have a lot of excess fat on my tummy even though I'm only 8.8 stone my stomach just won't go back to its former flat self and my bum and legs are on the chunky side and won't tone either am I missing something here ?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Progressive lifting whilst eating at a calorie defecit see http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

If you can't get to a gym (although they have crèches) then bodyweight exercises like http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    lunges, squats, pushups planks, wall sits, tricep dips, etc. are great. Still do cardio as well, but add some strength training in there. Weights are great too if you have access to them. Google body weight exercises.

If I'm being honest I'm hopeless I have no coordination I'm still practicing lunges and squats my partner has tried me with push ups but I keep falling flat on my face I am still trying though I have water weights but there to big to do any excerise with I think I also have a bike but just my body's fighting against me I have been trying to tone for a year but my stomach just keeps looking bloated xx
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    Lets start here:

Are you currently tracking your calories?
    How many calories are you eating?
    How are you measuring your food? Food scale? Measuring cups & spoons? Or eyeballing portion sizes?
    Are you logging your exercise and eating back any of the extra calories the site gives you? If so, could you share how many calories you're eating back for those exercises?
    Would you be willing to open your diary for us to take a look?

I have just started today as I'm currently on ww pp but not getting anywhere now do you think I'm best using this site and counting calories instead ? I've been on ww for 6 month but stayed at same weight for 3 month now body just won't go past 8.8
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Do push ups on your knees until you get stronger, and attempt sit ups (you don't have to do 50 at a time, just a couple to get you started). I had my baby 11 years ago, and I am still trying to lose that weight. :p Have you tried running? I hated it at first, but now I love it. I also do yoga and weights. That seems to be changing my body. If you do not have access to weights finding anything that you can do with body resistance is great. Like the lunges, squats, etc. It is all about diet though. I believe the saying is "abs are made in the kitchen."
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

If I'm being honest I'm hopeless I have no coordination I'm still practicing lunges and squats my partner has tried me with push ups but I keep falling flat on my face I am still trying though I have water weights but there to big to do any excerise with I think I also have a bike but just my body's fighting against me I have been trying to tone for a year but my stomach just keeps looking bloated xx

Pushups are hard. Try doing them against a wall or table at first and working up to the real thing. It will take time to build up strength, but you'll probably be surprised how quickly it happens if you start at a beginner level and keep working at it.
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Was having the same problem with stomach bloat, found out I was sensitive to gluten. Since eating gluten free it has been so much better, but consult with a doctor first.
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    maxphia32 wrote: »
    Do push ups on your knees until you get stronger, and attempt sit ups (you don't have to do 50 at a time, just a couple to get you started). I had my baby 11 years ago, and I am still trying to lose that weight. :p Have you tried running? I hated it at first, but now I love it. I also do yoga and weights. That seems to be changing my body. If you do not have access to weights finding anything that you can do with body resistance is great. Like the lunges, squats, etc. It is all about diet though. I believe the saying is "abs are made in the kitchen."

I have asmatha but I run occasionally after my two boys as they are both ADHD lol think I'd be a size zero by now lol but I'm willing to try everything you lovely people tell me now yeah I didn't really eat much atoll until weight watchers now I eat healthy size portions twice a day and healthy snacks in between lol I will keep you up to date though and I will pesersever at my lunges and squats its the fact my partner just laughs at my lack of coordination and strength ha I'll show him though thank you and I wish you all the best our strength comes from within ;)
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    " wrote:
    Pushups are hard. Try doing them against a wall or table at first and working up to the real thing. It will take time to build up strength, but you'll probably be surprised how quickly it happens if you start at a beginner level and keep working at it.
    I don't give up I will keep trying even if its at my partners expense thank you I'll try with a table and build up from there I think I will keep yous all up to date I suppose the more I fail the more I learn I guess lol thank you for the motivation
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    raI bitjb wrote: »
    Progressive lifting whilst eating at a calorie defecit see http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

If you can't get to a gym (although they have crèches) then bodyweight exercises like http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Thank you i will take a look as I'm useless with calories that's why I chose weight watchers but think its time I learn something new
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You can't out exercise a bad diet. Start counting calories and eating at a deficit.

Best of luck!
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Try roll-downs to build strength for situps. Also, situps/crunches only work UPPER abs, so do some leg lifts to begin for lower abs (one leg at a time is fine to start), and some twists for "lats."

Be gentle with yourself. This is not a sprint. It's a marathon.
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    You can't out exercise a bad diet. Start counting calories and eating at a deficit.

Best of luck!

Thank you I'll try to get the swing of calories as I'm not used to working with calories :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Nerdfitness is great, just remember you have to stick with it for a while to get your coordination and balance, so don't give up. Hold onto a chair back until you have your balance in your lunges and squats, practice getting lower in them both too. If you don't have the strength yet for push-ups do them from your knees or pushing off the kitchen counter. Planks will also help you progress to push ups.
    Don't give up, just practice as well as you can and concentrate on good form.
    It takes commitment to see results.
    Cheers, h.
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    saraphim41 wrote: »
    Try roll-downs to build strength for situps. Also, situps/crunches only work UPPER abs, so do some leg lifts to begin for lower abs (one leg at a time is fine to start), and some twists for "lats."

Be gentle with yourself. This is not a sprint. It's a marathon.

I just feel so useless with no upper strength but I will get there and I will take my time I'm not wanting results overnight I want it to stay and as healthy as possible I understand this is not a fast outcome I just wish I had some upper strength haha
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    Nerdfitness is great, just remember you have to stick with it for a while to get your coordination and balance, so don't give up. Hold onto a chair back until you have your balance in your lunges and squats, practice getting lower in them both too. If you don't have the strength yet for push-ups do them from your knees or pushing off the kitchen counter. Planks will also help you progress to push ups.
    Don't give up, just practice as well as you can and concentrate on good form.
    It takes commitment to see results.
    Cheers, h.

I have lower strength just no upper lol I have commitment and time no rush just feel a bit deflated at times to see I've worked really hard with no results and I feel a bit embarrased in front of my partner as he's always known me slender but curvy now I'm just chunky and curvy I don't let him know this though as I need some dignity right lol its putting a strain on some parts of our relationship though just hope I can overcome this in time and learn to love my bodymy partner is 25 and me being twenty I feel. Sorry he has to put up with this lol but I think he understands even though I don't moan about my shape to him just my mum lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you in a deficit? Are you weighing and measuring your food?
  • courtneybrown2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Are you in a deficit? Are you weighing and measuring your food?

I usually use weight watchers and all my foods pre counted but I'm looking to use calories now as weight watchers isn't working now but I'm still learning what to do with calories so I think this site will help me alot to keep track of them lol