What NOT to say to your wife...

Options
Losing_It
Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
when she loses 48 pounds and buys a new sexy nightgown that shows off her new found curves....puts it on to show you while you are eating chili...

"My crackers are stale!"

:explode: :laugh:

Replies

• Losing_It
    Options
    when she loses 48 pounds and buys a new sexy nightgown that shows off her new found curves....puts it on to show you while you are eating chili...

"My crackers are stale!"

:explode: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    his 'cracker' would be stale for at LEAST a week if it were me!:angry:

:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That wasn't from a personal experience was it LosingIt?:embarassed:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    LMAO AWTY!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, soupy....happened last night! MEN!!!!!!!!!:angry:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    How about this.

Me" Do you like my new jeans?'
    DH "Yes, you look great"
    Me "They are a size 10!"
    Dh" Oh, so are you done or gonna lose another 20???":noway:

His 'crackers' are STILL waitin'!!:laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    :noway: Our DH's need a few tips on this weight-loss thing! Or like you said, a few stale crackers!:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    I sat him down and explained to him one night. The commercial on TV for Relcort is true, men lose weight easier than woman.

He will say, I wanna lose weight, stop eating and drop 20 pounds in 1 month.
    I am eating fruit, veggies, water, chicken and it took me 6 months to lose 25.

SOOOOOO each pound is to be celebrated!
    Every INCH to be rewarded by great big WOW HONEY YOU LOOK GREAT!!!

Now, he just smiles and asks me.....What should I say!!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Men will be Men!!! :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    How about..........

when you decide to reward yourself with something that may not be considered "diet" food he says "should you really be eating that?" Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif (he knows not to say that anymore :bigsmile: he learned the hard way...they usually do.)

or when you're looking in the mirror to see the differences and the progress you've made and he says "so, are you still losing weight and dieting?" mad0222.gif (he's learned not to say that anymore too...now he just asks how much further til I reach my goal and when I tell him he says...good job :drinker: :laugh: )

or you're excited that you can can zip up a pair of size 6's (even if they are pretty tight at the top) and you show him and he says "you have fat rolls hanging over the top of the jeans...hope you're not buying those ones" machinegunsmilie.gif (now he knows to just no say stupid stuff like that anymore....:bigsmile: )

Or you put on a nighty that you think is kind of sexy and he looks at you with a :ohwell: look happy.gif

Or........when I do my workout video and I just get done eating something other than vegetables or chicken breasts and he looks at the skinny people in the video says something like "I bet they don't eat the type of stuff you just ate" whack.gif

Stupid stupid men...lie darn it just lie and say something nice tantrum.gif

I will say that when I told him I couldn't even pull the size 6's over my hips before he did finally say "that's awesome babe, I'm proud of you...you worked hard for this" crush.gif He was forgiven th_smalldancingman.gif He says alot of nice things to me about it and is very proud of the progress I've made he said when he said those things it was his way of pushing me to keep at it and not throw away the hard work I put into this. He said he just wanted me to think about what I ate before I did it and then complained about feeling guilty for doing it. He thinks of diet as.....well what most people think of diets.....none of this or that and eat salads and chicken and stuff. So when he sees me eat things other than "diet food" he gets confused. But I explained it to him and he gets it.....well a little bit more than he did, anyway. :drinker: :laugh: :wink:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Pssssttt...Kellch...lemme' borrow that machine gun...that'll fix him!:glasses:
  • kellch
    Options
    Sorry that was long........but I feel better now :bigsmile: :laugh: :wink:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Good thing for them we vent here, too!:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I wanted to summarize Kelch's post with out smileys

"men are schtoopid"

that is all
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    OMG that's awful!
    Brings the mind the "price is right incident"
    My husband was in the middle of watching price is right million dollar showdown or something...baby was in bed (bear in mind we have a DVR recorder) I got all sexy, hair, makeup, perfume, sexy little nighty thing...and he says "Wait 15 minutes, the price is right is on" I was FURIOUS...needless to say 15 minutes became a week or so...lol
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My crackers are stale?! Seriously?!!?!? Yep. I agree with AWTY...it would be a long time before he had fresh "crackers". :noway: SO sorry, Becky! I would have had many words for him...none of which would be very nice. :bigsmile:
  • bcakes81178
    Options
    First, Kelch, that was hilarious!!!!! Lucky for me my boyfriend is trying to lose weight too!!!

Second, where do you get all those cool smileys? I particularly liked the one with the gun. That was great!!!! :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    I wanted to summarize Kelch's post with out smileys

"men are schtoopid"

that is all

Yes........that about sums it up :drinker:

But you have to have smilies tantrum.gif

:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    My crackers are stale?! Seriously?!!?!? Yep. I agree with AWTY...it would be a long time before he had fresh "crackers". :noway: SO sorry, Becky! I would have had many words for him...none of which would be very nice. :bigsmile:

Oh, he realized really FAST that wasn't the thing he should have said. He apologized many times and told me how great it looked on me but I showed him..I put my big flannel pj's on and watched Ace of Cakes!:laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    First, Kelch, that was hilarious!!!!! Lucky for me my boyfriend is trying to lose weight too!!!

Second, where do you get all those cool smileys? I particularly liked the one with the gun. That was great!!!! :laugh:

LOL........I stole em from other people on MFP.......when they post them I hit quote and copied and pasted the links they used to post them:bigsmile: I saved them to a word document titled "smilies" and when I'm on here I keep that Word document open........I know there is an easier way but I'm at work so I cant do the things here that I would do at home :grumble: :laugh: Not sure what site it came from.....I stole most of em from Shannon...ask her :laugh: :tongue:
  • bcakes81178
    Options
    Thanks!!!