I realized I needed to lose weight when ______________

Options
2»

Replies

• Lynette4321
    Lynette4321 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My knees started to hurt. I don't want to lose my ability to walk!
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had known I needed to lose weight and joined MFP 2 years ago but fell off the wagon 1 1/2 months later! During the holidays I got sick with the cold that everybody got and all of a sudden I didn't have any appetite, so I probably lost a couple lbs. as I got better I figured that was a good kickstart to trying to lose weight again especially after the new year!
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    When I interviewed a pregnant lady at my school who was at the same height as me, but weighed less (she was nine months along)
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I self-diagnosed myself as suffering from diabetic nerve pain and committed to lose weight. Then I went to the doctor and was told I didn't have diabetes, it was actually too tight clothes impinging on a nerve. An equally good reason to lose weight.
  • i was jogging past a.window and had to back upand check that i actually looked that fat.

horror
  • glittermexoxo
    Options
    When I wouldn't fit in my jeans and my stretch marks kept getting bigger....
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    When my cat lost weight I felt silly not losing any myself...

I loved that!
    For me it was when I was thinking of retirement in 10 years and what I want to do is travel and here I was at 250 and I knew if I continued I wouldn't be able to walk and see all the places I wanted to go. I also have 2- 160year old daughters and I want to see them grown married and grand children.